2 People Trip.. Some questions

nfeagle5

ok...I am going on a trip with my fiancee august 5 - 12. Money is kind of an issue as we are both in college (we'll have enough to go and eat lol, but nothing extravagant) so i am wondering a few things.

THE FOLLOWING IS THE PLAN

We are going to stay at the All-Star Sports for $82 a night. ?1) shoudl i upgrade the room for an extra $12 a night, is it worth it??

?2) Disney Dining plan- is it really worth it for 2 people, i have heard that its not worth it unless your traveling with 4 or more.

How should we (best guess) use the dining plan if we do decide on it. Ive never used it before and is it necessary to make reservations?

THANK YOU, I APPRECIATE ANY HELP!!
:D

gmg

I seem to agree with everyone else - it really isn't worth it to upgrade the room if there are only two of you, you won't spend too much time inthe room and with only two people it is not like you need the extra 10 sq feet anyway

As for the ddp - absolutely. You will save a bunch of money and get to eat at a variety of places. You MUST make ressies or you will eat nowhere. Good luck

Upvote 0

smk

I vote to not upgrade your room and not go on the dining plan. Meals at a counter service place are just fine for two people, especially two people on a budget ( we can eat well for a lot less than 80 dollars a day the meal plan would cost the two of us ). If you are on a meal plan you must make reservations and be at specific places at specific times and be hungry on a time clock planned months in advance....too much for me. I like to go and fly by the seat of my pants. If I am having fun in one park and have to leave to go eat at another park, well, it just would not be fun for me. Have a great trip either way!

Upvote 0

Tenny0317

I was in the same boat as you...what you can try to do is see if there are any King bed upgrades for free, just so you can stay in a bigger bed! Sometimes that works...but only do it if it's free

Upvote 0

Epcotbob

I did the Dining Plan for the first time earlier this year.

I loved it! We used the snack to get a breakfast roll each morning, counter service usually pushed about $10 and the sit down meal usually around $30. Maybe not a huge savings, but the fact that it's all paid ahead of time made it seam less stressful when ordering. I wasn't feeling like I had to order cheaper items to keep the bill down.

Upvote 0

Wannabe Walt

If $ is a concern, have you considered going a month later ?

There are different costs depending on the season, and August is right at the end of one of the more costly ones. You should see rates in the 50's for rooms at the all-stars.

I am sure someone could provide you (or search) for the different season and $ values, the other thing that makes a difference is the days of the week. Weekends are higher too....

Going a month later wouldn't save them any money. As I mentioned earlier, I am also planning a trip for basically the same dates (August 6-12). This year, Peak Season ends on August 2 or 3. It then switches to Value Season. (Usually Peak season runs later in August). I don't know when the next season starts after Value, but I have done my checking for these dates and it is the cheapest time of year to go (besides any other Value season).

Upvote 0

nfeagle5

Original Poster
First of all i would like to thank everyone for their help

Here is what we ended up booking

7 Nights at Coronado Springs
DDP
8 day park hopper + water parks

For a little less than 2,000

THe allstars was taken out of the picture because of availabilty (THEY HAD NONE LOL)

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Glad we could all be of assistance. I have stayed at Coronado and looooved it!! So much fun and really very beautiful, too. If you really want an All-Star...keep calling and maybe one will open up. I actually keep calling to upgrade our room from ASMu to CSR but keep having no luck. I will keep at it, though! :)

Upvote 0

PoohBear119

First of all i would like to thank everyone for their help

Here is what we ended up booking

7 Nights at Coronado Springs
DDP
8 day park hopper + water parks

For a little less than 2,000

THe allstars was taken out of the picture because of availabilty (THEY HAD NONE LOL)

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

My DH and I will be there the same time you are... Aug 4-8 for our anniversary. We got 5 days, park hopper, dining plan and flight for around 1800 before taxes. Hope you have a great trip!!!! maybe we will see you there!!! :)

Upvote 0

mickeymouse090

So, I didn't think to ask about Moderates today, so I'm calling tomorrow morning to find out how much I would save on a Mod. using the AAA discount. I really hope it's a significant amount because I would MUCH rather stay in a Mod. (Always have before, so a value doesn't look too appealing to my tastes). :)[/quote]

If you find out you can upgrade to a moderate, I would highly suggest staying at POFQ, the French Quarter is smaller than the Riverside. It is perfect for a couple, very quiet & the grounds are beautiful. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom