2-part question about the Living Seas

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Group dives are scheduled at 6:30 (not available to the general public - they get 4:30 and 5:30) so it could of been a group of dive enthusiasts.

General Grizz

mousermerf said:
Group dives are scheduled at 6:30 (not available to the general public - they get 4:30 and 5:30) so it could of been a group of dive enthusiasts.
...who were trying to see if the SeaCabs were being tested... ;)

speck76

mousermerf said:
possibly.....but they were not doing the standard "diver" type things.......

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Maybe they were a crime scene investigation unit like Crossing Jordan and recreating the accident that happened at the Swan/Dolphin by retracing the steps?

Maybe they were filming a new season of Thunder in Paradise? I saw Hulk Hogan on TV advertising something recently.

Or, if one had an excessive number of earings (even though they're not allowed in the tank, no jewelry, he's broken every other attire guideline the company has though) it was probably Joe Rhode.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Oo... or, cuz i watched the DVD special features last night - It could be the one time of year the fake coral in the living seas reproduces and they were collecting the eggs so that the fishies don't eat them (and it would gunk up the filtration system).

imagineersrock

mousermerf said:
My hope is that they keep most of the pavilion the way it was intended to work - you start in the zig-zag queue (could be un zig-zag and rethemed, no harm done) end up in the circular room watching a nifty nemo-fied preshow (improvement over staring at nothing!) then head into one of the two preshow theaters (i'd really like them to bring the closed one back) to watch a new nemo-fied edutainment video. Then you exit the theater and descend into revamped hydrolators, which bring you to the loading area for the new SeaCab ride before entering the rest of SeaBase Alpha (shiny-new, possibly somewhat modernized) with Turtle Talk and giftshop :)

While that sounds ideal, I'm fearing the worst--- that we're about to lose something (unsure of what at this point) possibly the preshow film(s), possibly the hydrolators, I'm not sure what but I just have the feeling that something is going to get the boot.

I just have two things on my wishlist:
1.) Bring back the seacabs, along with just a general face lift of the pavillion.
2.) Please don't give the place a Nemo overkill. Attractions starring nemo and friends are fine, just don't make this "Nemoland!"

I've got faith in the Imagineers... I'm sure this will be another worthwhile rehab just like that of The Land pavillion. :cool:

jedimaster1227

Unfortunately, that is not feasible. The theatre is not that large, and it is before the ride, so the most they could do was move this entry station into the theatre and then have is ride through to the end, only adding about a minute more to the ride.

But it would be interesting to sit in the cars while the preshow is going on, maybe put the cars on a turntable and have them circle around as the film goes, then have them transfer to the main track right as you see the 3-d model of seabase alpha appear, that is if Seabase is preserved and the preshow film is still the same...:lookaroun

meatloafsfan

I wouldn't want the Turtle Talk theatre to get toooooo much bigger.

It had a very intimate feeling and if the theatre is expanded substantially I think you might lose that.

<O:pAlso, Crush only has time for so many questions, and the more people in the theatre, the less chance for interaction.<O:p</O:p

I am definitely hoping that the sea cabs come back. My Dad is a big fish enthusiast (we spent 2 hours in the living seas back in Feb). We had gone when I was 16 (gulp, 15 years ago) and the first thing he said to me after we entered the pavilion is "Where is that ride?" (I didn't think he would remember it). So it was a let down for him.

<O:p</O:pWe are however, going back at the beginning of Dec so here's hoping everything's done in the proposed timeframe.<O:p</O:p

speck76

jedimaster1227 said:
That would cause back-up, something that the pavilion has never had, turning off a lot of returning fans...

THat would depend on if the entrance to the attractions was located as an entrance to the pavilion, or as an attraction inside the pavilion.

If guests were to enter through the exit......the problem would be avoided.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
jedimaster1227 said:
Not quite, the idea of the seacabs is to introduce the guests to the pavilion and then let them hop off to run around
true, it is the build-up to the viewing areas and the sealife inside. i have truely missed it. i tried to give my wife a verbal description when she went for the first time but no description is a substitute for the real thing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom