2 linked reservations, mixing fp+'s

TxGrmGrningGhost

Original Poster
So we have two families going with 2 reservations. The other family's room is going to be full, so we are having one of the kids stay in our room. That means the FP+ for this one child is registered with us. We linked the two reservations on the website. But the problem is, the other family can't see their child on our reservation from their web account. There's got to be a way and we just aren't doing it right. But if you have two linked accounts like that each with people under them, how can you book fastpasses for not only your own room but 1 person in the other room also?

Rob562

nevermind, I think what I was missing was inviting a guest through a mutual friend.

That's exactly what I was about to suggest.

If the child's profile exists as a "managed by you" profile under your account rather than a parent of that child's, it may cause a few issues down the road (since they won't actually "own" that sub-profile), but for now if you want everyone to be able to make FP+ for everyone else in the group, there should be a lot of cross-friend-requesting to link everyone.

Ideally, what should have happened was that each family set up their own profiles (either each member make their own or a parent makes an account with their child as a sub-profile), and then link as friends with each other. When you made or linked your hotel reservation you could choose the child as one of the people in your room while their actual profile remained under the control of their parent.

Under the new MDE system, taking a little time up-front and get profiles set up and linked properly makes things much simpler down the road.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom