2 lines at GMR?

Big Pooh

Original Poster
I've heard people talk about 2 different final scenes in the GMR, a western scene and a gangster scene. It's been a while since I've ridden it, so I don't remember. Is there a place in the queue where you choose to go either left or right, and which line is which? I want to ride it when I go because I'm not convinced it's going to be there for much longer. :)

Cheers :wave:

renthead7

I don't seem to remember 2 separate endings for the GMR, but there are 2 slightly different shows depending on which car you get in, the front one or the back one. One involves the tour guide being replaced by a gangster, and the other involves the tour guide being replaced by a bad guy in a western. That's what I remember at least, it has been about a year or so that I've been to MGM, so don't kill me if I'm wrong.

suzanne

There are two different "kidnappings" on GMR, and the time before last when I visited the left/right split was in the lobby area just before you went past the carousel horse and the ruby slippers. Last time however the ride wasn't as busy and they only had one line going.

Steveo83

Those shows are right but there is only one line in the end, it splits to two but then comes back to one at the door and the first car just goes to the west and the second to the gangster scene but if you are int he gangster scene you still drive through the western scene when you are donw with the live action. This works vice versa with the other car driving through the gangster scene and then stopping for the show in the west. It just depends if you are in the first or second car to leave the entrance.

Big Pooh

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I have'nt ridden it in 8 yrs, and I was under the impression there were 2 diff endings.

Those shows are right but there is only one line in the end, it splits to two but then comes back to one at the door and the first car just goes to the west and the second to the gangster scene but if you are int he gangster scene you still drive through the western scene when you are donw with the live action. This works vice versa with the other car driving through the gangster scene and then stopping for the show in the west. It just depends if you are in the first or second car to leave the entrance.

So I'll see both scenes in each car, only the kidnappings are switched then? Cool. Can I ride it and then request to see the other scene if I ride it again? I'm a big movie buff and GMR is one of my fave rides. :) When Disney put the Scorcerer's Hat in I figured GMR's days were numbered.

Cheers:wave:

emmagata

I didn't know that there was a Western "kidnapping". We've been on it a about 6 times and have only been "kidnapped" by a gangster.

Wonder which one we'll get when we're there this December. Maybe there are two in the high season and only one in the low season.

jimmybop

if you go during the slow times of the year... they only have one train going... so normaly only the gangster part is showen (not matter what line you go into...)

but if there are 2 trains going.... the front one as the westren kidnapping (the right line), and the backone does the gangster (the left line)

Maria

Originally posted by Big Pooh
I've heard people talk about 2 different final scenes in the GMR, a western scene and a gangster scene. It's been a while since I've ridden it, so I don't remember. Is there a place in the queue where you choose to go either left or right, and which line is which? I want to ride it when I go because I'm not convinced it's going to be there for much longer. :)

Cheers :wave:

It´s not a matter of choosing in the queue, but you can ask a CM about the scene you want to see and they can put you on that show.

Check this thread about it and you´ll see what I mean. :animwink: Two former GMR cast members explained it very well in it.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12887&highlight=Great+Movie+Ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom