Trip Report 2 Broke Guys - on a boat! šŸ˜ƒ

Been debating when to post this. Some of you are already aware of our upcoming trip. (First cruise ever!) What came in the mail today inspired me to get started on this pre-TR:

F8C933C4-6FC5-4195-B364-6761D0165C15.jpeg

My very first passport.

Note there is only one. Currently we are joking that Iā€™m going alone because Brianā€™s got rejected. šŸ˜†šŸ¤” Iā€™m sure his will arrive Monday. šŸ¤”

When: September 5 to 9, 2022. Translation:
34D29465-D9FC-405E-80F6-56B8AAF3E95D.jpeg

Who are going: Tony & Brian
146AEA94-9CDA-48DF-9AD0-237D6B5E63E0.jpeg

Who is left out: Kylie, our nearly 14 year old German Shepherd Chow-Chow rescue.
3518D349-FE2F-4AC5-B4AD-E59E82779DC1.jpeg

Although sheā€™s having a bath on the back patio right now, the pic of her is from a recent drive to the Florida Keys. We pretty much bring her on all trips now, including WDW. As she has aged, she doesnā€™t take being left alone as well, even with a trusted sitter. Even for one night.

So although we are very concerned about her, weā€™re trying to arrange multiple people visiting the house more often than just the sitter would, and offering the sitter extra money for more quality time. (Guilt money, for sure.)

And that will likely be the biggest out of pocket expense for this trip (except maybe the passports) because, true to form, we are doing this 4 night Bahamas cruise out of Miami (including all drinks, fancy meals, liquor tastings and souvenirs) entirely on Chase Disney Visa Rewards Points. šŸ˜€šŸ‘ŠšŸ»šŸ‘šŸ»

Last edited:

imahistorygeek

OK, it looks like we left off in the middle of day two (at sea) after Remy brunch(!)

Pretty sure these pics were from our trek from brunch to the shops.

View attachment 669417View attachment 669418

B was checking for a charger (no luck for the odd one he needed) and I bought our two little items.

I did not buy this, but thought someone here would like it:
View attachment 669419

Disney details:
View attachment 669420

After a short break and wardrobe change, we were back at our spots: the Cove pool bar with Abhi, and our out-of-the-way lounge chairs. šŸ’•šŸ’•šŸ’•

We were sitting up here:
View attachment 669421
and this was our view:
View attachment 669422

We had fun with Abhi and ordered crazy stuff. OK, Brian ordered Crown & Diets. I experimented. Keep in mind, we already had wine with brunch, and I am out of practice in the drinking department.

I started with that crazy huge and fancy old-fashioned which I posted a pic of earlier.

Then there was this bourbon with a horsey on top.

Stock photo:
View attachment 669411
Why not? Itā€™s splurge anniversary time. I ordered one, neat. Heaven.

My dad loved horses, and learned to be a trainer. He also loved ā€œthe ponies.ā€ Uh oh.

Well, apparently, this company makes several different horsey toppers, one after another, not at the same time.

View attachment 669412

According to Abhi, if you collect them all and send them to the company, they take a slat from an actual used barrel, and mount each horse on top, and send it back to you.

#goals! šŸ˜‰

Learn something new every day.
When we were on the Wish and sitting and drinking in Nightingale's (where they serve Blanton's), a guest came up to the bar and asked to see the bottle. The bartender said they just finished a bottle. She fished it out of the trash and gave the guest the horse on top, which she didn't have. She was super excited. The bartender said guests asks for them all the time.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
sorry for the quote-and-like bombs.
I hear people say that a lot - but who doesn't love like-bombs? (The quote bombs make "homework," but it's all good LOL.)
Was Yogi a Met or a Yankee?
I mean, Mets don't matter, so...
I'm sorry to say that I cannot recommend the Wish. :(
Seems to be the prevalent opinion among experienced cruisers.
Love your tie.
Thank you! It's a Jerry Garcia. The morning of the wedding, I decided I didn't like the shirt or tie I had packed, so we went to Kohl's and they had very few ties from which to choose! I thought this one would show nicely against the black shirt, represent my music world, and not be overly stuffy. (Plus sky blue and yellow are my two favorite colors.) Ta-daaa!
And I cannot believe it took you that long to discover Cove Cafe.
I was at the bar literally every spare moment that I wasn't eating banana gelato! (And I don't drink cawfee.)
36 years...and counting. :D
God bless ya's!
Now, sail on the Magic, which is my favorite DCL ship. ;)

The best ship!
OK tell me (and the rest of us) why the Magic?

Last edited:

lostpro9het

OK tell me (and the rest of us) why the Magic?

First, let me get the "Isn't the Wonder the same ship" rebuttal addressed. No, no The Wonder is not the same as the Magic. This is a tough pill for some to swallow but they are different ships to me despite having the same outline. For me, The Magic is intimate, beautiful, and clean. The layout is a breeze and you can get from aft to forward in no time. The adult pool feels larger to me and I enjoy the layout of the area. The After Hours area is beautiful as well. Keys offers a great relaxing area with live music and solid beverage selection. O'Gill's is your cookie cutter pub bar with board games and sports lining the walls. Palo is more spacious than Dream/Fantasy with the potential for better sea views. Rotational dining is rotational dining but I still think Rapunzel's Royal Table is one of the best behind 1923 on the Wish. The combination of live show and food is excellent. Then there is the pool deck food. One of the best changes DCL did to the magic outside of RRT is to add shawarma to The Duck-In Diner. They have a two meat options and over a dozen accompaniments to go with the meat and pita. SOLID pool deck food. The rest of my love for The Magic might be best summed up as "You just know it when you see it". There is just something about that ship that is above and beyond the other four ships. If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend it. The Bermuda itinerary out of NYC, IMO, is amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom