Pre-Trip 2 Adults, 1 Child: Endless Possibilities!

Hello out there to all of my like-minded, Disney-loving adults on this here magical side of the internet. Thank you for stumbling into my humble abode errr…first Pre-Trip Report. I have no idea how to start this thing so excuse me for rambling (I do that a lot). I’m Nysha, a 30-something year old millennial from small town, South Carolina.

I’m an RN which is just a fancy term for boo-boo fixer. And I’ve loved Disney since I first stepped foot inside Magic Kingdom when I was 12 years old. I mean what’s not to love? The food, the rides, the people, the smells. It’s why I return year after year and why our credit card has so many miles on it. 🏎️

IMG-3673.png

Nysha's Favorites:
Ride: Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster​
Movie(s): It’s a toss-up between The Fox and the Hound and The Lion King.
*Honestly as I’m typing this, I’m realizing these are the two most depressing Disney movies of all time and I’ve managed to single-handedly place both of them in my top 2. Remind me to psychoanalyze myself after this.
Snack(s): Dole Whip or Grey Goose Slushie
Restaurant(s):
These change year after year due to that up and down roller coaster of emotions that the food quality consistently puts us through *cough* ‘Ohana *cough. *
In park: Hollywood Brown Derby
Out of Park: Wine Bar George for brunch.

So now that you know more information about me than you probably cared to, you’re probably asking who’s coming along with me for the ride.

Excellent question!

And the answer would be my darling hubby, Kalan.
IMG-3669.png

Kalan works in quality assurance at BMW and when he’s not being ever so proficient at his job making sure all of us BMW owners are safe; he’s funding our Disney trips. Probably the top reason I married him…well that and love (in no particular order). His first time going to Disney was with me in July of 2019, and needless to say he fell in love with the magic.

670216-C9-8-E40-4-C1-C-BC51-4-D72830043-F2.png

He also proved to be my Prince Charming when he proposed marriage to me in Cindy’s castle a few years later.

*Pardon me. It was a typical July day and I look a hot sweaty mess here. The suns rays decided to pistol whip me and then humidity couldn’t wait to tap in and start suffocating me to death. Yup they jumped me right before my proposal. Cowards. 🙄

Kalan's Favorites:
Ride: Splash Mountain
Movie(s): The Lion King
Snack: Pulled Pork & Mac & Cheese from Flame Tree BBQ
Restaurant(s):
In park: The Hollywood Brown Derby
Out of Park: Narcoossee's

Also, for the first time joining us will be our beautiful little girl Amina. She is the sweetest, most precious baby that you will ever meet (and I promise that’s not the momma bias talking). She will be 18 months old on this trip.

IMG-3652.png
Being completely transparent I can’t help but to feel a little nervous...mainly excited but there's a tinge of "can we do this?!" Disney can be stressful and adding an 18 month old seems like it may be daunting. But hey, I’ve dealt with blood and guts for a living so if anyone has the nerves of steel for this, it’s me. However, I am definitely all ears for any tips, tricks (magic or otherwise 😜) that you can give me!

I hope you enjoy this possibly chaotic PTR and that you’ll stick around while we get all of these last-minute kinks worked out in these next few months!

xx

Chapters:
The 5 W’s
Sounds Like a Plan! (Pt. 1)

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Hello
Based on my trip in October I would skip Le Cellier
It was disappointing service and food quality for the cost of the meal
We all agreed that eating at the Food /Wine booth (Flower/Garden in your case) would have been better
(time and money)

And yes, this is coming from a proud Canadian - skip the Canadian table service at Epcot!!

Max

headintheclouds

Original Poster
Update!

Hello gorgeous people! Long time no talk type! Sorry I’ve been MIA. Life has definitely been “lifing” lately lol. Work has been extra stressful the last few weeks. But I digress, on a more positive note - I think I left off on my ADR Day post. Well good news is I got every ADR I wanted and then some! I didn’t get some of them on the days that I wanted but I managed to maneuver some things around.

Changes:

We added an extra day to the beginning of our trip since me and hubby are both off. I was going to add an extra day to our Pop Century reservation but it would’ve messed up our Dining Promo Package. So we ended up trying to find a DVC property at the last minute, specifically Wilderness Lodge or Riviera. Our purpose was to see if next year we wanted to upgrade resorts and this extra day would be the perfect way to find out. But of course none were available, so I was left trying to figure out a Plan B.

Well I was randomly scrolling on YouTube and saw a video on Coronado Springs Resort (which I’ve never personally been interested in.) But I had an inkling to watch it and I’m glad I did because I fell in love with it, specifically the Gran Destino Tower! We booked a waterfront room view and the prices were amazing! It’s like getting a deluxe room at a moderate resort price!
We also changed our Whispering Canyon reservation to Artist Point. This was all my hubby’s idea which kind of shocked me. He was so gung ho about eating at Whispering Canyon again when I was planning the ADR portion of the trip and then out of the blue last week he randomly asked to watch some dining reviews on Artist Point.

This sudden change of plans shocked me for a few reasons. Number one it’s a character meal and while my hubby doesn’t mind them he knows we’re paying extra for the experience at the expense of the quality of food (for most of them), and two Whispering Canyon was one of the restaurants he kept saying he definitely wanted to go back to. So after we watched a few reviews and he looked over at me and said “to heck with the cost, switch it if you can.” I wondered who the heck this man was laying beside me and what did he do with my husband? But more importantly, would this new man buy me a new purse?

Anyway, the change was fine with me, I wasn’t a Whispering Canyon fan to begin with. The only problem is, I didn’t think I would get a ressie so close to our trip because I thought AP was pretty popular. But alas! They had a few spots open on the day we needed! Hopefully that’s a sign and we will love it! I hear the interaction with the Evil Queen is awesome! And hopefully this new hubby of mine will keep this same “to heck with the costs” energy when we’re in all the gift shops.

We also decided just to drive. So I’m interested to see how this is going to go! Lol. Hopefully Amina will sleep most of the way.

Tomorrow will officially be two weeks and counting! I’m really excited! I can’t wait to Vlog and write up this trip report.

A few random items I’ve gotten in the mail:

My stroller tag which I’m obsessed with
F5-D094-C8-BECC-4-BF1-8-A92-FA64757-C18-A2.jpg

And my Apple Watch/Magicband bling:

3467-B93-B-474-B-4978-8-AC6-256-B0-DA9-DF40.jpg

headintheclouds

Original Poster
Hello
We all agreed that eating at the Food /Wine booth (Flower/Garden in your case) would have been better
(time and money)

And yes, this is coming from a proud Canadian - skip the Canadian table service at Epcot!!

Max
Hello
(time and money)

Max
Oh wow! What did you not like? I keep hearing that the filet is one of the best on property. I’ve always wanted to visit Canada! Did they not do Canada justice in the WS?

k8einwdw

We got back and are settling back in! We had a blast and can’t wait to do it again! I think I rhymed there. Currently going through the thousands (yes you read it right) of pictures and trying not to go through the Disney blues. Can’t wait to start on our trip report!
Glad you guys had a great trip - can’t wait to hear all about it!!

Zipadeelady

OK, So I've never heard of Standby Skipper and had to go watch a video! I've got to know how it worked for you. It sounds pretty awesome. I'm thinking @Wicked Sisters may want to know about this.

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom