1YR Anniversary Dinner - California Grill or V&A?

popkid

Original Poster
Hey gang,

need some planning help as always. Ev and I are heading back to WDW this october to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary :)

I was planning on celebrating our anniversary with a dinner at California Grill but just as I was about to make reservations (we're withing 180 days now, aren't we?) I started to think about Victoria & Albert's.

Neither of us have been to either restaurant before and I'm stuck at the moment as to which would be best. We're not big eaters, do enjoy good sushi and usually prefer a 'less-formal' formal. Still, I would like dinner to be quite an event and yet another 'magical' disney moment.

The date would be Oct 22 which is a Sunday, so I'm not sure if there would be fireworks or not at MK that evening.

as always thanks in advance for the help :)

Tigggrl

Sounds like you are more of a CAlifornia Grill person, I believe V&A is much more formal. I have friends who go every year....Check the menus, and keep in mind that if fireworks are the magic touch, Cali Grill would be great! Just make sure you ask for a window seat;) As long as you are together, I am sure it will be special!

jdvm

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. To me, it would come down to cost. If the cost of Victoria and Albert's doesn't take your breath away go for it. The deciding factor is usually kids. If you have little ones along, I'd opt for California Grill.

ilovepluto23

I have not been to Victoria & Albert's, but have been to the California Grill.
I love the view of MK, and if you time it right...you can view the fireworks (Wishes)!!! Very romantic :)
I had the Halibut and it was DELICIOUS! Others in my group were disatisfied with what they ordered (I cannot remember what they ordered), but mine was great!

kal1484

I'd go with Cali Grill. The view is awesome, plus I see it as more romantic being as you are sort of "On Top of the World" not to mention you don't have to worry so much about your wallet. Either way have congrats! I've just started planning mine...it's a miracle just to get TO the wedding, can't wait for my one year! :sohappy:

RonAnnArbor

I strongly recommend California Grill and have eaten at both. CG is a regular visit on each trip. V&A won't be on that list in the future. We have other forums on this - do a search of V&A and you will get various opinions. They are evenly split - those who love the place and those who do not. I get to visit other 4 and 5 star restaurants both in the US and internationally, and I don't think V&A rates among those - even though it IS the only 5-star restaurant in Orlando...I would rather spend by 600 dollars for two elsewhere, thank you.

popkid

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the replies - sounds like I'll stick with California Grill and save V&A's for another occasion. Going to call wdw-dine now to see if I can even book the date (that might just be the ultimate deciding factor right there).

Thanks so much for all the feedback, I always know WDWMAGIC.com is a place I can turn to for help with tough Disney choices like this.

See ya all at the world :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom