1st visit with an infant - any tips?

NickMaio

Hi Everyone

We are stoked to be bringing our little guy to WDW this summer, early July. He will be 10 months when we are there. We had hopes to go to 1 or 2 water parks and 1 theme park. Just wondering if any of you would be willing to share your pearls of wisdom concerning WDW visits with a little person.
We were thinking of Epcot or Kingdom for park visits. He is our first, thus our first trip with a babe.

Also we are flying to Orlando - 3 hour flight - any tips with air travel would also be great.

Huge thanks
NM

NickMaio

Original Poster
Big thanks everyone.
Tons of tips and info to consider.
We are very slow park hoppers - - actually we don't even park hop anymore. We used to run around and try to get as much done as possible. One year we took it easy, stayed in 1 park al day, went into ALL the shops and non ride things --- since then we have not looked back.
We move at a snail's pace :) Soooooooooooooo much nicer.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Having flown with an infant, make sure to carry on a bottle or sippy cup to help relieve the pressure in his ears during takeoff. And some jars of baby food - airlines really aren't equipped to feed infants. Don't forget something to amuse him. Babies can get rather "grabby" during a flight that long. Oh, and just before you board, change his diaper - there's no place to change a diaper on a plane.

Whatever type of stroller you bring, make sure it has a canopy. I found a light weight umbrella stroller with a canopy that folded up and fit in the overhead bin for our flight when my daughter was 12 months. The summer sun in Florida is brutal. I would also recommend a bucket type hat and sunglasses.

Upvote 0
Hi Everyone

We are stoked to be bringing our little guy to WDW this summer, early July. He will be 10 months when we are there. We had hopes to go to 1 or 2 water parks and 1 theme park. Just wondering if any of you would be willing to share your pearls of wisdom concerning WDW visits with a little person.
We were thinking of Epcot or Kingdom for park visits. He is our first, thus our first trip with a babe.

Also we are flying to Orlando - 3 hour flight - any tips with air travel would also be great.

Huge thanks
NM
Make sure to sun screan that baby all the way. Not a spot left unturned. Keep the kid fed and remember to have down time to rest. I wouldn’t go to chef mickeys either as it is a good character thing but it really loud.

Upvote 0

JD80

I wouldn't bring an infant to Disney in the summer time unless you plan on taking it slow slow slow. I brought my son down at 8 months in October which was ok. August/July? Ugh, no way.

Upvote 0

NickMaio

Original Poster
Thanks y'all.
Well we are booked and going for two weeks in early July. So we be going - - - - We love slow - - - turtles pass us on the paths.
Lots of helpful tips - we really appreciate it.

Thanks

Upvote 0

newhorizons1

For flights, definitely have something to drink at the ready for take off. It really does help with their ears. If you already have assigned seats, I prefer to wait and board the plane last. No reason keeping my toddler in a confined space for any longer than I have to if my seat is already assigned (I don't do this when I fly Southwest).

Know where the Baby Centers are located at the parks. They are a great air conditioned place to change diapers, feed your child, or just cool off for a minute.

I did not use my baby carrier at all during any of my trips. I completely understand why some people would want to use them, but I just get really hot myself when using one.

Also buy a good stroller fan. I would recommend looking at Amazon at different reviews for one. I was not impressed with the one that I bought at Babies r Us. It just didn't work very well.

Upvote 0

disneymarsh

We have been traveling with our 29 month old since he was two months old to WDW. It is easy just plan for everything to take a little longer with the little one. Stopping for feedings etc will eat up some time. Don't forget you can utilize the toddler switch for most rides LO can't ride. Good luxk, have fun, and keep ys posted

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom