1st trip with twins!

meganwdw

Original Poster
I'm already starting to think about taking our twin daughter's to the World for the first time Nov. 2011. They'll be almost 2 yrs old. Is this too young? I know it will be a totally different experience and DH and I are super excited to take them. What are some must-do's for that age? Should we stick to character dining experiences and buffets? Any thoughts, tips, ideas? :)

KDAC

That is definately not too young. Both of our kids were at Disney before their first birthday. When they were under 3, they enjoyed the parades. If your kids are not afraid of the characters, the character meet and greets are popular. We also always try to do character dining. Be prepared to spend a lot of time in Fantasyland. IASW and Peter Pan's Flight are both good for that age. If your kids are brave and not afraid of the dark, POTC could be good. Plan for breaks and don't try to do too much in 1 day.

wizards8507

Eh, I have to disagree. I'm not saying it CAN'T be done, but to me it seems like a huge expense for days that are likely to fizzle out around lunch time due to complete exhaustion and general fussyness.

I cannot stress this enough: DO NOT go to the Magic Kingdom first. Assuming you plan on touring all of the parks, going to Magic Kingdom first will completely ruin all of the other parks for your daughters. It's very difficult to tour other parks after Magic Kingdom because in their minds, Magic Kingdom will = Disney World, and the entire rest of the trip will be spent with them urging a return to MK.

IMO, the best Touring plan for a children of that age would be Epcot, DHS, Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom.

IMO, the best character meals for children that age will be breakfast at the Crystal Palace (Pooh and friends), and dinner at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary Resort (Mickey and friends).

yekcoh_99

I agree with KDAC from my personal expierience. My kids are 2 1/2 & 4 now and they have been twice. Both times have been the greatest. Our first trip my daughter turned 2 & we returned 6 months later for my son's 4th birthday. We dined at CP & CM, I'd recommend lunchtime meals, it gave the kids some downtime. Especially if they don't nap. Ours did a little, but just to much going on. Make sure you have a good stroller. We rented ours (Orlando Stroller AWESOME) Much better than the hard plastic ones you get at the park and they fold up so easy plus you have them for the resorts, DTD & waterparks.
We opened & closed the parks. Blizzard Beach has a great kids area. As for waiting to go to MK, ARE YOU SERIOUS? :confused: We go to MK on our first & last day to much to do in one day. EPCOT we've only been 1/2 a day in 2 trips, AK is fun especially if they like the animals & it's an early day. We go back to the pool on AK day my kids cried last time we left, they loved the pool so much. HS has Playhouse Disney, Honey I Shrunk The Kids & Toy Story Mania (get your FP's early really early). But my kids favorite thing is the parades. If we're at MK we see a minimum of 3 parades sometimes 4. They still want to watch the parede on home movies so they can act out the different characters & sing the songs. Now this is just my opinion with to young one's. I go nuts when people say thats to young to spend all that money. Remember their your kids you know them best. Hope this helps. I just can't wait to get out of Saudi Arabia so I can go back but not til net May. :(

meganwdw

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. I really don't think my girls will be too young, but will wait to make the final decision sometime next spring/early summer. I'm just looking forward to seeing their faces and reactions to the parades, castle, etc...basically all the magic! I do think AK will be so much fun and I agree that there is no way we could wait to go to the MK. I can't put off going to the MK, so how on earth could I put it off for the girls? LOL! Oh, I just can't wait!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom