1st trip to DL- Places to eat with 5yo

SGarv

Original Poster
Let me start by saying we are frequent WDW travelers. I am going to DL with just my 5yo son next week while we are in LA. We are new DVC owners (but not using my points for this trip) and it is my intention to head back to DL someday. I'm a big Walt fan and need to get back to dig in and see where all a magic began.

I'm looking for where I HAVE to hit while we are there. We will only be there 3 days so I figured not a lot of sit down table services. I have made a reservation for Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast one day. A recommendation for any other must do sit downs in the parks. I heard everyone says Blue Bayou but I'm not sure it sounds like a place that 5 yo boy would love.

I've heard that the counter services at DL are better than WDW so I thought we could do more of those while we are there. Where are the best counter services that I need to hit either because of the food or the atmosphere?

Thanks everyone for your help.

PacNWTigger

I always enjoy the French Market. It's a quick service, but the seating area is awesome. They will have a jazz quartet play, and you can watch people walking through the French Quarter while you eat. You should also go for the beignets for dessert...they are messy but awesome.

My ultimate dessert though is from the Jolly Holiday Cafe. It's the Matterhorn Macaroon...we generally get half a dozen and none of them ever make it all of the way home. They also have a great grilled cheese & tomato soup combo.

For small children and quick service I'd highly recommend Flo's in cars land at California Adventure. You can watch all the cars from radiator springs race by while you dine. My kids love it and the food is pretty good too.

Darkbeer1

At Downtown Disney, I like Wetzel Pretzels, the pretzel dog bites are great for kids.

Earl of Sandwiches is another good choice.

On Harbor Blvd, Mimi's Café, Panera Bread and The Pizza Press are all good choices.

At Anaheim GardenWalk, there is Fire+ICE, Bubba Gump's and the Cheesecake Factory.

In nearby Buena Park, Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant (Walt and Lillian eat there regularly), Porto's Bakery and Café is very good with low prices (local Chain), Portillo's and John's Incredible Pizza.

Also you could go to Medieval Times or the Pirates Dinner Adventure.

Lots of choices in the area.

GiveMeTheMusic

Let me start by saying we are frequent WDW travelers. I am going to DL with just my 5yo son next week while we are in LA. We are new DVC owners (but not using my points for this trip) and it is my intention to head back to DL someday. I'm a big Walt fan and need to get back to dig in and see where all a magic began.

I'm looking for where I HAVE to hit while we are there. We will only be there 3 days so I figured not a lot of sit down table services. I have made a reservation for Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast one day. A recommendation for any other must do sit downs in the parks. I heard everyone says Blue Bayou but I'm not sure it sounds like a place that 5 yo boy would love.

I've heard that the counter services at DL are better than WDW so I thought we could do more of those while we are there. Where are the best counter services that I need to hit either because of the food or the atmosphere?

Thanks everyone for your help.

In DCA - Flo’s, Boudin Cafe, Paradise Garden Grill

In DL - Jolly Holiday, French Market, Red Rose Taverne

Have fun!

freebird72

Is your son a Star Wars fan? He might enjoy having lunch at the Galactic Grill in Tomorrowland during the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom