1st trip bunches of questions!

mandib

Original Poster
If someone could please help me with these questions I'd be greatful. Thanks! I'm sure I'll come up with more too but for now I think this is it!! 13 days!

1) is Aladdin at the Hyperion theatre? How long should you be there before show time?
2) Is pin trading still a big deal there too?
3) Is Snow white the same in DL as it is in WDW?
4) Is it possible to go between DL and DCA during the day? How far apart are they?
5) Is Downtown Disney as big as it is in WDW?
6) What parades are there at the 2 parks?
7) How is Fantasmic set up? Is it standing room only?

stranger

1) is Aladdin at the Hyperion theatre? How long should you be there before show time?
Yes it is. I recommend showing up half hour before showtime or you can even fastpass this show.

2) Is pin trading still a big deal there too?
It's a big deal, still.

3) Is Snow white the same in DL as it is in WDW?
Ride or show?

4) Is it possible to go between DL and DCA during the day? How far apart are they?
They're right across from each other, just a minute walk away :) .

5) Is Downtown Disney as big as it is in WDW?
No, it's not as big, but it is close to both parks. That's the great think about DLR not much walking to get to your destination.

6) What parades are there at the 2 parks?
Disneyland has Parade of the Stars with a daytime showing and an evening show.
DCA has The Electric Parade

7) How is Fantasmic set up? Is it standing room only?
No staduim seating for fantasmic. People either stand up or sit on the concrete to watch the show. If you plan on sitting down I recommend you bring a blanket. FYI: People tend to stake out their spots a good 2-3 hours ahead of show time.
Their is another option, Balcony seating with an added price. This balcony seating includes:
-includes dessert offering and drink
Desserts may include:
Chocolate Mousse Cake
California Cheese Cake
Fresh fruit platter
Assorted French pastries (varies nightly)
May include Tiramisu, fruit rolls, chocolate fudge cake, éclairs & cream puffs.
Beverages may include:
Mint julep
Lemonade
Milk (for children)
Hot Coffee (regular & decaf)
Hot Tea
Water

Premium (Lower) Viewing:
-$47.00 per adult/$37 per child
-Includes special seating and dessert sampler in a keepsake box (for adults) and a dessert in a Mickey Mouse cup (for children).

For reservations, call (714)781-4400.

I've heard it it adds to a great experience.

mandib

Original Poster
I mean the Snow White ride. But now that you bring it up how is the Snow White show? How is it compared to let's say Pochantas in DAK?

ToTBellHop

The Snow White Musical is very good--2nd best Disney show ever, 2nd to Aladdin. They are both Broadway-style. Keep in mind Fantasmic! is presented twice nightly. If you can stay awake for the 10:30 showing, you don't have to stake out your place as early--after Imagine works, and you can still enjoy the Magic Kingdom for an hour afterward instead of battling the crowds :)

xfkirsten

Stranger pretty much covered it, although I hav one correction - Aladdin no longer has Fastpasses - it is first come, first served.

-Kirsten

mandib

Original Poster
xfkirsten said:
Stranger pretty much covered it, although I hav one correction - Aladdin no longer has Fastpasses - it is first come, first served.

Ok thanks! In the unofficial guide it said something about how you can go over there in the morning and they would give you a ticket that guarentees (why can't I spell?) you a spot. Is that still on? Or was that a fastpass?

ToTBellHop

mandib said:
Ok thanks! In the unofficial guide it said something about how you can go over there in the morning and they would give you a ticket that guarentees (why can't I spell?) you a spot. Is that still on? Or was that a fastpass?
that was the Fastpass

xfkirsten

mandib said:

Yeah, it was an actual FastPass. They used it for awhile when the show was new, but discontinued them late last year. :) Lately, most shows have not been filling up until the last minute, if at all - at least when I've been there. I still reccommend getting there a half hour early, though, for the best seats.

-Kirsten

bryon1

My 2 cents about Fantasmic....if you can wait to see the second show depending on the size of the park that day. Just before the first show starts...start hitting all the rides on the West side of the park...Splash, Pooh, Mansion, POC.

Then come out and hang out in the open area next to the Disney Gallery and the second light tower to watch Fireworks @21:30 (9:30). Most of the local peeps from the first show will stay to watch Pyro then leave. Giving you the opportunity to grab a prime spot without waiting for 2 +hours. (the second light tower "middle of 3" is by far the best viewing area)

(If you have a larger group bring a blanket and take watches while others go ride and eat.)

You should start seeing peeps starting to "hold" spots around 5:30 -6:00pm.

As for Aladdin just make sure your fast pass for TOT isnt the same time that the show loads out...(45 mins. after the show time) Even though there hasnt been too many problems with this, the area can get crowded very quickly.

The castle will not have scrim around till after the 17 of July. (for the 50th)

hope you enjoy your trip.

mandib

Original Poster
We have 4 day hoppers so I'm sure we'll be able to fit in Fantasmic sometime. Do you think Fantasmic is better at DL or WDW or is it about the same?

Also I heard that in the mornings you could take the monarail from DD to DL, is that possible? Is it a way to pass through the crowded gates? Any advatages or disadvatages to that?

ToTBellHop

mandib said:
We have 4 day hoppers so I'm sure we'll be able to fit in Fantasmic sometime. Do you think Fantasmic is better at DL or WDW or is it about the same?

Also I heard that in the mornings you could take the monarail from DD to DL, is that possible? Is it a way to pass through the crowded gates? Any advatages or disadvatages to that?
Fantasmic! is much better at Disneyland than at MGM--less use of the water screens in favor of live show scenes, and it's on such a larger scare with guests being right in the action.

Yes, you can take the monorail from Downtown Disney, near the Disneyland Hotel, to Tomorrowland, although you will wait in a line at the entrance to the monorail to have your bags checked and tickets scanned--it is a shorter line, though, and they let you in a few minutes early as the first monorail can actually depart at park opening. It doesn't necessarily save you any time--it's more nostalgic than anything. The Disneyland Monorail is more an attraction than an efficient means of transportation, one difference b/t Disneyland and WDW. The fact that only two monorails currently run only amplifies this.

DDB

I'm going for the 1st time next may and I got a few questions
1. Is tommorwland really as bad as SaveDisney makes it look?
2. Are they're any attractions with Single Rider besides Indy?
3. How far is it a walk from the DL Hotel to the DTD monorail stop?
4. How far is it a walk from DL Hotel to DLP?
5. If you take the monorail to DLP where do they take your tickets?
6. How far is it a walk from DLP to DCA.
Yes I am a very lazy person.

xfkirsten

DDB said:
I'm going for the 1st time next may and I got a few questions
1. Is tommorwland really as bad as SaveDisney makes it look?

Yeah, it's bad. It's basically just Innoventions, Star Tours, and Autopia. And a lot of construction walls. I only ever go over there to play DDR nowadays.

DDB said:
2. Are they're any attractions with Single Rider besides Indy?

Yup! Splash Mountain, Soarin' Over California, the Maliboomer, and I believe Grizzly River Run ... I'm sure there's more, but I really don't go on any of the others.

DDB said:
3. How far is it a walk from the DL Hotel to the DTD monorail stop?

Maybe like 100 yards. It's right near the hotel, in any case.

DDB said:
4. How far is it a walk from DL Hotel to DLP?

I'd say 10 min or so, depending on how fast you walk. It's at the other end of Downtown Disney.

DDB said:
5. If you take the monorail to DLP where do they take your tickets?

They'll check tickets before you get on the monorail at the DLH end.

DDB said:
6. How far is it a walk from DLP to DCA.

Just across the plaza, an easy walk!

Lazy is good - I am very lazy. ;)

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom