1st time going for Xmas 2005..What are the BEST things to see?

herewecomeagain

Original Poster
Hello Everyone,

This will be our first time going to WDW around Christmas time. We leave in 30 days!!! Going 12/11/05-12/17/05, staying at the CB....We have our tickets to MVMMCP. Any other suggestions????

Thanks!

:xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

MinnieSummer

Visit the deluxe resorts and CSR. The decorations are beautiful.

Try to see the Candlelight Processional at Epcot (breathtaking and inspiring). Also at Epcot, the different countries explain their holiday and traditions. The display at the American Pavillion shows Kwanzaii (sp) and Hannukah (sp). Catch the Illuminations show with the holiday tag shown only during the holidays.

Visit AK and go over to Camp Minnie-Mickey to see the characters in their holiday finery, including Santa Goofey, with little or no wait. They also have carolers in this area. The AK christmas parade is fun as well.

MGM's Christmas parade is supposed to be pretty cute but I've never seen that one.

Visit DTD to see Santa and do some great shopping. The 12 Days of Christmas store is awesome and a must visit for my family every time we are at WDW.

Enjoy.

ErickainPA

Definately do some resort hopping to see the decorations, a must is to see the gingerbread house at GF, it is so neat to see.

Make sure to hit all the parades and shows for the holidays. We did that (hit most of the things) when we were at Disney on our honeymoon, we hit rides as well but mostly wanted to see everything holiday in case we didn't get down there at the same time again (although we will be there for Christmas this year) We went to Ak and got pics taken right near the gates as soon as they opened. Look in uncongested area of MGM for the characters. We got our picture taken with Jessie who was standing right off to the side of the gates, no one was even around, so was easy to get the pic.

PhilharMagician

The holiday version of Illuuminations
The new holiday version of Wishes
The Candlelight Processional
Definately hit as many resorts as possible. The Gingerbread houses, trees, carosell's, villages and many other things that are made of candy and gingerbread are absolutely amazing to see.
Donald's Breakfastasaurus has Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto all dressed in their holiday best.
Most of the parades have there holiday versions running.
Look at the detail and themeing of the decorations and how they differ between resorts and the different lands and areas in the parks

At MVMCP make sure you get your picture as soon as it starts or just as the party is ending.
Try to see the shows that are put on during the party only early in the evening, then hit the rides later.

No matter what just enjoy the holidays at WDW.

shoppingnut

WooHoo!! I'll be there too from the 10th to the 17th. Candlelight Processional is a must do.

During MVMCP, don't forget to see the special shows and things all around the park because those are things you won't see at any other time, only at the party. The fireworks for the party are different than the regular ones because they've added a holiday touch to them and they do them around the perimeter at MK as well. Don't forget to bring your xmas hats and shirts people will be all decked out in their xmas wear both during the party and during the daytime.

If you get a chance visit the other hotels at Disney because each hotel it themed differently. This year we are going to do the Yuletide Fantasy Tour where they take you behind the scenes of the holiday decorating at WDW.

Have a great time.

harryk

herewecomeagain said:
Hello Everyone,

This will be our first time going to WDW around Christmas time. We leave in 30 days!!! Going 12/11/05-12/17/05, staying at the CB....We have our tickets to MVMMCP. Any other suggestions????

Thanks!

When you view the VMCP Parade keep an eye on the wooden soldiers - their precision moves are great!!.
Get a pic taken at the Pumpkin Coach behind the castle - and pick up a pin (if you are a pin collector) at the mercantile on Main Street U.S.A. They are only sold during the Party.
This is truly one of the best times of the year to visit WDW!!!!:sohappy::sohappy:

Valawen9

herewecomeagain said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks!

I LOVE the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT...and definitely check out the Osborne lights at MGM:wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
princesskait09 said:
Just make sure you go see Grand Flordian, its amazing.
And what is so good about the Candlelight Processional? Is it to late to get tickets?
You don't need tickets for the CP. There is a dinner package that will give you preferred seating but unless you are going at peak season I have never found the preferred seating to be necessary, it is nice, but not required. The CP is basically a celebrity narrator reading the story of the birth of Jesus Christ backed up by a 200+/- person choir and an orchestra.

shoppingnut

Master Yoda said:
There is a dinner package that will give you preferred seating but unless you are going at peak season I have never found the preferred seating to be necessary, it is nice, but not required.

The one thing I thought I had read somewhere here in the forums was that if you are on the MYW dining plan, you might be able to do the CP dinner package using a sit down credit. You might want to look into that or do a search of the forums.

If, however, you are planning on eating at sit down meal at Epcot that night anyway, you might as well do the CP dinner package since you will be paying for a dinner anyway and then have guaranteed seating and not have to get into line so early.

imamouse

In addition to all of the fantastic things to do already mentioned, I enjoy looking closely at the Christmas decorations as they are themed for each location. For example, wreaths with dinosaurs in Dino-land at AK, and garlands with apples in villains shops. Very cool stuff!:xmas:

DisneySam

If they still have it watch the Disney Nutcracker show on the Castle stage at MK. I saw it just in passing in 03 and we watched the whole thing. Its really cute with all the Characters. Not sure if it is still running with Cinderellabration going on.

The Candlelight Precessional is great! Gary Sinease has been the reader I saw the most its really great!

MinnieSummer

The Candlelight Processional is the retelling of the Christmas Story in one of the most moving productions I have ever seen. The choir is amazing as is the orchestra. Check on this sites holiday events page for the narrator when you will be there. We've got John Stamos (my daughter is soooo excited). Last year we had Gary Sinise but he's not coming back this year which is unfortunate because he was very passionate. We've also seen Rita Morino who was awesome.

The package is worth the money for us as we don't want to stand in line on Christmas Day and not get a seat but for other times of the month it may not be necessary.

Enjoy.

Gucci65

In addition to the obvious (MVMCP, Osbourne Lights, Candlelight, Illuminations -Holiday style, Wishes - 360) I would like to add a few of my favorites.

I try to get at least one nightly Christmas tree lighting ceremony during my December visits. Epcot holds my absolute favorite. You can ask a CM what time the ceremony will be held at in the park you are in.

My other favorite is the Mickey's Twas The Night Before Christmas Show held in the Tomorrowland Theatre (sorry I can't remember the correct name) during MVMCP.

Enjoy and have fun!!!!!!:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom