Herk

Normally, seen as I have never stayed on site is kinda like this:

From the airport, pick up the rental car,
Check in at Orange Lake Country Club,
Unpack watch some american tv,
then go to houlihans and have one of their great burgers
have a shower then go to bed

campdisney

Usually we spend a bit of time at the hotel first, let the kids have a swim, settle into the room etc. First park is Epcot, first ride is Spaceship Earth (family tradition).

I usually fly in the morning as well, so it's a nap followed by an afternoon, evening at DD as to not waste a day on Park Passes.

1st real day starts with a character breakfast (usually Crystal Palace) followed by Fantasyland to let the breakfast settle.

Polyman

I pick up my boys from their flight from NJ and head directly to MK. Do not go to resort, do not pass go, do not collect $200.:p Once in the park head directly to Space Mountain for quick ride or FP, then TTA, then over to Frontierland. Absolute must for first food of the day is Cosmic Rays - Blastoff Burger (now Bay 2 Burger) and Cosmic Chicken (now Bay 3 Grilled Chicken. :slurp: :slurp:

jonesenon4

:sohappy: we always drive down and get there pretty early,check in get tics and go to ak and hit the highlights for a couple hours. then its over to epcot. we go through the gates and straight to sse,this is my im here ride a chance to relax and say im finally here. we finish up the front of epcot have dinner then go back to resort for a swim and sleep.then we hit mk as our first full day park. have a magical day and see ya real soon.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

captainbuzzy

For us it's
1) Fly in
2) Check into the hotel
3) Complain to the hotel about the our first room for some reason or another 4) Eat lunch at the Boardwalk
5) Go to Epcot for a walk around the countries
6) Eat dinner
7) Settle in for an early night

This last trip we eliminated step 3 and something just didn't seem complete to me!

justducky78

We always catch an early flight and once we've picked up our luggage and rented our car, we drive to our resort. We USED to have lunch at the Dolphin (Coral Cafe) before it closed, regardless if we were staying there or not. Now, we tend to enjoy a long, leisurely lunch at whichever resort we happen to be staying at and then check-in and unpack, swim.

Our first official day in the parks - we always do MK first and then head over to POTC first.

justducky78

For us it's
1) Fly in
2) Check into the hotel
3) Complain to the hotel about the our first room for some reason or another 4) Eat lunch at the Boardwalk
5) Go to Epcot for a walk around the countries
6) Eat dinner
7) Settle in for an early night

This last trip we eliminated step 3 and something just didn't seem complete to me!

Ha, Ha - I like number 3! That's usually us, too! We never seem to have that problem at the Yacht Club, though - we always get the room we want there!

honeymooner05

We usally arrive in the early evening...after we check in at Beach Club we head over to the Boardwalk for dinner at ESPN and discuss what attractions everyone wants to do the next day. Then back to BC for ice cream at Beaches and Cream and try to go bed early so we're rested for our first day in the parks.

mitchk

I either head over to EPCOT, get a margarita :slurp: , and ride the Mexico ride, or head straight to the Magic Kingdom, get a fast pass for Splash Mountain, and wait in line for Big Thunder Mountain ;)

poohbear6103

We never go to the park the first day. I almost have to "settle in" to the vacation. The first day I feel like I am not really there, like it's a dream.
We get the early flight in and arrive at the Poly and check in. Then we unpack real quick and head to the lobby and look around the grounds to see if there is anything that has changed. Then we have lunch at Kona Cafe (we even always order the same thing- Kona chowder and sticky wings).
Then we get on the resort monorail and do one loop to check things out. We always contemplate getting off at the MK spot but always save it for our first full day there. Then we go rent a speedboat and go around bay lake for 30 minutes. Then head for dinner which is always at Jiko's (our favorite).

DisneyFanLS

We USUALLY arrive on a Saturday morning, and by the time we get checked into hotel, etc. we only have time to do Animal Kingdom (since in our humble opinion, it's not a full day park) and hit Kilimanjaro Safaris first thing!!! Don't know if that qualifies as a "tradition", but it's always the first thing we do...:wave:

daverube

This is a great question.

My first day tradition, and it should be everyone's, is to eat at least 2 dole whip floats. I try to cut back to 1 each day thereafter. The best part is that my soon-to-be wife doesn't really mind me stuffing my face with the best food item in the park!!! :)

18 days and counting!!

dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom