1992 Pirates Refurb

Prince Thomas

Original Poster
does anyone here know if this ride was refurbished in 1992? My family and I visited Disneyland this year. My mom says it was closed when we went but I keep saying it was open and I went on it! Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

oo_nrb

1992 is when Fantasmic! premiered, and the walkways around the front of Pirates were being rebuilt, including the bridge and courtyard entrance. It is very possible that the attraction was closed at the same time, but I don't know enough about that particular project to say for sure. Anyone with more background on that project know better?

britain

1992 is when Fantasmic! premiered, and the walkways around the front of Pirates were being rebuilt, including the bridge and courtyard entrance. It is very possible that the attraction was closed at the same time, but I don't know enough about that particular project to say for sure. Anyone with more background on that project know better?

Hmm... I could have sworn the bridge was built right before Splash Mountain opened in '89, in anticipation of crossing traffic. I might be wrong.

BubbaQuest

My brain cells aren't what they used to be :(

The Disney Gallery opened above Pirates in 1987, but I know the bridge in front was not built then. So was it built for Splash, Fantasmic, or Indiana Jones? I don't remember the bridge the first time I saw Fantasmic, but I don't remember lots of things. I seem to remember it showing up with Tarzan Treehouse, but that didn't open until 1999 which seems much too late.

According to a videos on Youtube, Pirates was open in 1992 but it's very possible it was closed for routine maintenance or for Fantasmic preparations.

Phroobar

Pirates without the bridge.

b1649051d058025e0608690c3e343991.jpg

CT_1969_N09_53.jpg

George Lucas on a Bench

I love it both ways, but I think it's better without the bridge. I love how, despite being Pirates of the Caribbean, it blends in perfectly with New Orleans but also somehow serves as a buffer between the three lands. It's very unassuming. You would never expect to find what you do inside. While it's a bit more elaborate these days, I still feel that way every time I walk in.

oo_nrb

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom