1955 Peter Pan's Flight

Brer Oswald

Fantasyland is a wonderfully morbid place. Of course Peter Pan('s) Flight ended with guests getting executed via being shot out of the sky by order of a purple-lit monster inside a dark, craggy cave shaped like a skull. It makes so much sense and yet I may have never known, since I always just assumed WDW's version was a good indicator of how Disneyland's original appeared.

Speaking of WDW, you can still hear a tiny Captain Hook shout "Fire, Mr. Smee!" over and over from his tiny pirate ship in the Neverland scene. I wouldn't know if it's the same recording as heard in the original Disneyland ride. It starts at 1:35 in this video:

I found the sound clip(s), and completely by accident too. They were in episode of Disneyland.

Move to the 40:12 mark to hear Captain Hook's dialogue.

180º

I found the sound clip(s), and completely by accident too. They were in episode of Disneyland.

Move to the 40:12 mark to hear Captain Hook's dialogue.

That's great! Thanks for sharing. It does sound like a match from others' recollections.

Of course, there is a chance the dialogue is ADR recorded in the studio just for this television program. That's something Disney has done for most of their souvenir videos. My gut is inclined to believe this is authentic, though.

mharrington

I was thinking today about that thread in which photos from the original Alice were posted and realized there's one 1955 original for which almost no content exists- Peter Pan's Flight. I do know that it was very different from the 1983-present version we're familiar with... I'm very curious as to what exactly the original,1955 ride layout was, what the show scenes were, etc..can anybody help me out? I've seen some pictures of the exterior but I'm mainly curious about the actual ride itself.

You can see a few images of the original ride in the E Ticket magazine issue devoted to the ride, which was produced in Spring 1997. Or you can also go here: https://www.waltdisney.org/blog/1955-2015-disneylands-peter-pans-flight-e-ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom