1900 park fare

debbiedoo

breakfast or dinner????

not really a character deal, enjoy both sets of characters. Looking for which has a better selection and great food

Pioneer Hall

It depends on what you want. Breakfast is the normal food for that time of day. I would probably choose that over dinner. You can get much better dinner buffets elsewhere on property.

Upvote 0

Cindyrella

We went to 1900 Park Fare last Friday for dinner - I really enjoyed it! I thought the food was really good. I found it to be one of the nicer buffets. I went with my son and he really enjoyed the children's buffet. The only thing I didn't care for that much were the desserts - they were just ok. We went for the breakfast buffet in December and I love it. It was definitely the BEST buffet. I also like the atmosphere of the restaurant. It's pretty civil as far as character experiences are concerned.
I hope you enjoy whatever you decide =:)

Upvote 0

tink38

I have been there for both buffets and enjoyed them very much. If you like grits, they have the BEST I have ever had...and I'm from Louisiana, so I know my grits!:lol:

Upvote 0

Disneygrl36

If you don't have your heart set on 1900 Park Fare & are looking for a great buffet with lots of variety & excellent food.............try Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is wonderful & they have so many things to try--it makes the other buffets look pale in comparison. I had some of the best salmon I have ever had in my life & these potatoes called fu fu that were to die for & the desserts are scrumptious--oh those zebra domes. Just a great food adventure. There are no character but if food is your focus, give it a shot. Plus the resort is so beautiful to look around as well. I have been to 1900 Park Fare twice with the last time being for my bday dinner on Halloween night & the food I felt had gone down hill since my last visit, but it is still great seeing Cinderella & Prince Charming. But, my vote if food is the big draw is BOMA!!

Upvote 0

debbiedoo

Original Poster
Ok--I am not sure if I would go to Boma with my six year old, but does like some character action.

Why would you say there are better dinner char dinings on property?? Which ones??

I have seen the menu and looks great to me?!?!?!?

Upvote 0

TennisPlayer519

Chef Mickey's is the best, breakfast and dinner. Kids love the cupcake and dessert bar at dinner (trust me)! There are so many characters, and they are all classics (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Goofy, Donald, etc.). The atmosphere is highly kid-friendly. And the food is great! Go with Chef Mickey's over park fare.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Chef Mickey's is definitely more high energy. Every so often they start playing music and everyone in the restaurant starts waving their napkins in the air. The food at CM's is very good, I've never had a problem with it. I haven't been to 1900 Park Fare, but the menus looks great too. Boma's for dinner has from what I understand a "more adventurous menu" and you have to be up to that. You can check out all the menu's at www.allearsnet.com. Also Ohana's at the Poly is lots of fun too. It's a sit down, where they come over and bring various meats on skewers to the table and during the meal they have entertainment, coconut rolling and things for the kids. You can also see wishes from Ohana's, so if you time it right and request a seat by the window, you'll have fireworks too!! WhooHooo!!

Upvote 0

Disneygrl36

Your post didn't mention a 6 year old & you said you were more interested in the food so that is why I suggested Boma. :slurp:
But considering the 6 year old, I like Chef Mickey's a lot too & the character interaction is good at 1900 Park Fare. The food is good, but does tend to vary sometimes in quality, but both places are great for character interaction.
Cape May at the Beach Club also has a great breakfast buffet with characters in cute beachy type costumes. We had a great breakfast on our last trip at Crystal Palace in the MK too!!!! The food was good, but the characters were slow coming around.
Oh, another great option is Liberty Tree tavern in MK---it's homestyle & brought to the table & from what I can remember the food was good...turkey, potatoes, mac & cheese, stuffing. Minnie, Pluto, Chip & Dale were there.
All in all, most people go to character breakfasts & dinners for the character interaction & not so much the food anyway.

Upvote 0

debbiedoo

Original Poster
Thanks for your replies!!

I have been to chef mickey's--and a definite return on my next trip!!

Crystal palace is one of may fave's--but have not been there since it has turned into char dining--plan on doing this as well

Did Ohana's last oct for my bday and I really enjoyed this place!! I plan on staying at the poly for my first two nights if a good AP rate comes out.

Whispering canyon cafe is on my list, and possibily cape may.

I will be in the world 12/days--11 nights and the plan is to have one main sit down a day.

Since CRT BR goes very quickly I was considering 1900 park fare for dinner.(for the cinderlla action) 1900 park fare is the most expensive I have found at 27.99 per adult. Plan on doing CRT for lunch one day.

That is why I am asking about the food here. At Boma, how would you recommend all interaction together?? Besides there being no characters?? I have 12 sit downs to prepare for!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom