1900 Park Fare and hoop-dee-doo musical review

hober_canada

Original Poster
Does anyone have any experience with (Cinderella character dining) dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian Resort)? How about the hoop-dee-doo musical review? I just wanted to hear about your experiences to determine if I should change my schedule. I did not like the menu selections :hurl: at the Akershus restaurant so I changed it to 1900 Park Fare. I am going in January (16-18). Thanks!:wave:

donaldfan

That's a large contrast between Norway and the Grand. The Grand Buffet is just so-so in my opinion and it is also loud. If you were going to be at Epcot, and were looking for character buffet dining I would recommend Garden Grille.

If your plans changed and you need to eat at a MK area resort and were thinking buffet -- I would take O'hana over anything.

Have a great trip!

tigsmom

The Hoop Dee Do is great fun! Corny jokes & songs, audience participation, good food and yummy desserts. Well worth the money IMHO. :wave:

*we weren't all that happy with the food in Norway, but we did get to see all of the Princesses and thats what mattered to my littlke one*

pinjim

The Hoop-de-doo is a rip roaring good time and the food is pretty good as well, it's a definate each time we go.

Try the Dessert Buffet at the Garden Grill in the afternoons. You get the character greetings and saviory treats.

Pioneer Hall

Two members of our party went to the Cinderella Dinner at 1900 Park Fare and were actually very dissapointed with it. The food was sub-par they said and their waiter was rude as well. I am sure this is the exception though and most of the time it is probably better than that.

bsandersjr

We have been to 1900 twice. IMO, the best things there are the prime rib, and strawberry soup.

We have been to Hoop-dee-doo twice also. Everything was great, even the show.

I prefer Hoop-dee-doo. It is more entertaining. 1900 can be quicker.

BRER STITCH

The HOOP-DEE-DOO is one of my favorite things to do at WDW!

Not only is the food pretty good, the show is fun and the atmosphere of Fort Wilderness is something a lot of guests never take the time to see. It's ALWAYS a fun, relaxing night.

Oh yeah....and they serve sangria too! :slurp:

Do a "SEARCH" on the website for lots of comments about both places, including the "REVIEWS" section of the site!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I would definately do the Hoop de Doo. That is a tradition with my family that we do it the first night that we are in Disney. We don't need a park pass and we get the Disney magic to start our vacation off on the right foot.

Pam

ErickainPA

We went to the Hoop-Dee-Doo, it was fun and the food was good (we had a 2 person table on the side of the piano player.) I thought the show was good as well, we wish they had characters in the show though, it would have been cute to see Mickey and Minnie dressed up.

colliera

I love this show

I've been to the Revue six times now with the latest last October. We've given it a rest since our last time in 2001 and it came back very enjoyable with even a few Minor changes.

My youngest daughter loves the characters but hates the character dinning. She can't enjoy the dinner for being distracted by the presence of the characters. She is unable to keep her eyes off them even if they aren't at our table. However, she loves the Hoop-de-Doo. While there is interaction with guests it is staged more formerly with appropriate entertainment segments you can enjoy while chowing down on Mom's cooking without the heavy interaction. When it's really time to cut loose and have fun the dinner is over and you can really enjoy the show.

The meal is good and plenty. The entertainment talented if corny but that is its charm. I know there is some that don't like it but those that do are often repeat visitors.

MickeyTigg

hober_canada said:
Does anyone have any experience with (Cinderella character dining) dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian Resort)? How about the hoop-dee-doo musical review? I just wanted to hear about your experiences to determine if I should change my schedule. I did not like the menu selections :hurl: at the Akershus restaurant so I changed it to 1900 Park Fare. I am going in January (16-18). Thanks!:wave:

We love the Hoop Dee Doo....it's a must do on every trip.

As for the Cinderella Dinner...I wasn't really impressed with it. We had slow character movement and I didn't care for the buffet selections very much.

New2WDW

We ate at Akershus last October to see the Princesses and the food was not to our liking at all. The food was of course Norwegian, very bland to us and our girls did not eat much of anything. The Princesses on the other hand were excellent and spent plenty of time with the girls and were very much in character!

Hope this helps. Have fun on your trip!

CP17

How would a two and a half year old do at the Hoop Dee Doo for 2 hours? Would she find it fun or boring? Is there usually a lot of kids?

BRER STITCH

CP17 said:
How would a two and a half year old do at the Hoop Dee Doo for 2 hours? Would she find it fun or boring? Is there usually a lot of kids?

The action is almost non-stop at the HDD, so between eating dinner, watching the show, singing, and interacting with the cast, she should be more engaged than at any other "regular" meal!

The show is intended for families, so there are always lots of kids there who seem to be having a ball! Be sure to catch the EARLY show so she will not be overtired from a long day at the parks!

ENJOY!

:wave:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
CP17 said:

She will love it. I have been taking my youngest since she was 18 months old and she still loves it now at 13. With the music and audience participation, she will love it all. Keep in mind that if she does not like the type of food that they offer, you can have them bring her out something else.

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom