19 miles = How many minutes driving?

Christina

When I go for my trip from the 3rd-9th, me, my sisters and my older older brother are staying offsite, while my brother and his girlfriend (soon to be wife if all goes as plans) are staying at the Beach Club.

We're only staying offsite cos its cheaper and this is sorta a trip more for my brother than for me.

If a expert (my brother) is driving... 19 miles is how many minutes... cos thats how far our hotel is from WDW. :mad: I wanted to stay onsite...

Thanks to anyone who can help!

nicholas

Well, if you're driving 60mph, then 19 miles would be 19 minutes. Factor into that traffic, getting through parking tolls and what not, and a good estimation might be 25-30 minutes tops?

(I haven't driven a car in about four years now, so I'm a little rusty when it comes to car math. lol)

Upvote 0

ChefTigger

Well that depends on couple of things... like how fast does he drives, what road he uses... Where's the hotel ur staying at? Knowing that I might be able to help?

Upvote 0

Christina

Original Poster
He drives like he's escaping from hitmen.

The hotel is in... Kissimee, on Styles Blvd... its called Bahama Bay... ummm its on the corner of route 532 and route 27...

If that helps AT ALL.

Sorry, I'm not to good with location and stuff haha.

Upvote 0

ChefTigger

Wel if he drives on sidewalks and stuff to avoid traffic:goodnevil . You're about 25 mins from AK area and a bit more for the rest. Either taking 192 or getting on I-4 if it's not too much of a parking lot at that time.

Have fun!!!

Upvote 0

Christina

Original Poster
Woody13 said:
It'll take about 15 minutes, give or take if you stop for gas. :lol:

Yeah no kidding. :rolleyes: Honestly, he enjoys breaking speed laws. I think he likes to scare me too..."Oh look Chrissy! A pedestrian! Shall we hit him!? Naw, he looks like he has kids." :rolleyes:

Thanks a super lot for your help Chef, I appreciate it!! :sohappy: I want to get there RIGHT when the parks open so I needed to plan my "wake-up-and-prepare" time.

Upvote 0

chucknstuff

Let me get out the trip calculator......19 miles at 60MPH.....Stop lights......traffic.....okay just a moment......OKAY the oficial time is 19 miles to far away.. :hammer:

I stayed off-site to save money ONCE, just once. Since then I will always find the money somehow to stay on site..

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

Christina said:
He drives like he's escaping from hitmen.

The hotel is in... Kissimee, on Styles Blvd... its called Bahama Bay... ummm its on the corner of route 532 and route 27...

If that helps AT ALL.

Sorry, I'm not to good with location and stuff haha.
FIguring traffic and stop lights, you'll probably average around 30 mph, which means it will take you 38 minutes. If he drives like a hitman, chances are he'll get stopped and get a ticket which means the $$ you tried to save by staying offsite will be nullified.

Upvote 0

Ducky_Love

Hum...

Their website claims it is only a ten minute drive to WDW! As a local I would allow at least 30 minutes, as I can't think of any way of getting between those two points in ten minutes.

Why don't you call the resort and ask if there is a back way onto property? I know the hotel I work for looks like it would be a 20 minute drive, but there is a back way that gets you to WDW in 5 minutes (no kidding!)

Ducky!

Upvote 0

MrsGracey

Ducky_Love said:
Why don't you call the resort and ask if there is a back way onto property? I know the hotel I work for looks like it would be a 20 minute drive, but there is a back way that gets you to WDW in 5 minutes (no kidding!)
Ducky!
That would be Entry Point Road, it brings you out right by AK. I don't know where your hotel is in relation to that road, but we use it all the time, never have to get on I-4.

Upvote 0

Christina

Original Poster
chucknstuff said:
Let me get out the trip calculator......19 miles at 60MPH.....Stop lights......traffic.....okay just a moment......OKAY the oficial time is 19 miles to far away.. :hammer:

Uggh I know... I would of rather stayed at a value resort or something... but my brother booked it! He's stupid...:( "You can't check in without me Chrissy." Rarr.

FIguring traffic and stop lights, you'll probably average around 30 mph, which means it will take you 38 minutes. If he drives like a hitman, chances are he'll get stopped and get a ticket which means the $ you tried to save by staying offsite will be nullified.

:lol: Yeah no kidding.

Their website claims it is only a ten minute drive to WDW! As a local I would allow at least 30 minutes, as I can't think of any way of getting between those two points in ten minutes.

Yikes... 30 minutes is a awful long time! Bahhh stupid brother! :fork:

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Wait... are you the evil sister that someone else posted about how not to take along on their anniversary trip? J/k

pretty much what everyone else said. depending on how you hit traffic and stop lights, you can double your trip time. Best bet is to call the resort and ask. Or ask them when you get there. Some resorts may tell you something over the phone to make them sound more attactive to guests.

Upvote 0

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
nicholas said:
(I haven't driven a car in about four years now, so I'm a little rusty when it comes to car math. lol)
nic, please let me know the day you do decide to climb behind the wheel again so i can stay off the roads while you get reaquainted. lol

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom