180 day ressies for party of 14

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
So my families (whole extended family that is) has put me in charge of our reservations since I am the mouse expert of the family. Sunday is our 180 day point. Of course we want some of the hard ones and I will be up at 6 am on the computer to try to get them...... Then when that doesn't work I will call at 7 ;)....

Here they are:

Nov 1- none (Halloween party)
Nov 2- Narcosse (6)
Nov 3- 1900 park fare (14)
Nov 4- Norway (3)
Rose and crown (11)
Nov5- Tusker House breakfast (14)
Ohanas (14)
Nov 6- Citricos (14)
Nov 7- Le cellier (14)
Nov 8- BOG (14)**** husband birthday day and getting a custom cake too.
Nov 9- none

I have never done ressies for this many. It says that all these restaurants accept parties of 14 but what is the chance we will get them?

Any advice? I am of course worried the most about BOG since it is the hardest and also my DH birthday.

PolynesianPrincess

I think they should be able to accomodate you. Would you be willing to sit at 2 separate tables? Because some of the restaurants might not have the ability to put together enough tables. I know places like 50's Prime Time Cafe, the tables and chairs are pretty much set where they are so larger parties have to split up. Same with Sci Fi. There are 6 people to a "car" so large parties have to separate.

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
I think they should be able to accomodate you. Would you be willing to sit at 2 separate tables? Because some of the restaurants might not have the ability to put together enough tables. I know places like 50's Prime Time Cafe, the tables and chairs are pretty much set where they are so larger parties have to split up. Same with Sci Fi. There are 6 people to a "car" so large parties have to separate.
We would split up for sure.... Maybe even want to after a week with my siblings ;)

docdebbi

don't forget to check out the 180 + 10 success! thread on this site for how to get them on the computer at 6 am. takes you back to the old webpage where you can get the + 10. if you get to the new one (unless something recently changed) you can't do that
I, and apparently, several other folks, have had succes getting to the old site and getting the + 10 online before everyone else jumps in on the phone at 7 am
good luck
and your schedule looks wonderful, enjoy.

Zman-ks

That is what I am hoping! U just hope the computer system is working!
75.gif

I wish you the best! :)

docdebbi

also, from prior experiences with larg-ish groups (not 14!- you are a saint!), i can tell you that they will warn you for each reservation that "your party may be seated at separate tables".
at some they will try to set one large table but at most, that won't be possible
also, we waited forever long once at Brown Derby because they were trying to wait for tables to empty so we could all be at one table- they didn't tell us this. They were trying to be nice, but we would not have wanted to waste an hour waiting for this, we would rather have had separate tables. so, check when you arrive about what they plan to do and will it cause a long delay.
BTW- we always requested that they put all the adults at one table and all kids under 5 at a different table, but they never honored that request. go figure............

coltow

Having done a group of 15 in 2008 and 11 in 2012 I can tell you just be flexible with times. Have an idea of time but be willing to make it +/- and hour or so. When they say 2 tables they do their best to put 2 tables next to each other so it's not like it's 2 tables across the restaurant.

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
@docdebbi and @coltow - thanks! I will ask about splitting tables which again, after a week of teenage girls, sibling rivalry and patents, may just be what is needed ;)

I am shooting for earlier times (5ish) to have a better shot and to get out in time for the fireworks.

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
@ Caslers Great! It was a total hassle (web down, split ressies) but got everything we wanted!

Now I have my fingers crossed for free dining!

Thanks for asking!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom