14 Year Wait and only 71 days to go now PTR

So now I have got most of my planning done I am having a pre-trip lull! So what better to occupy my time than writing a PTR! 71 days to go!

The story so far, I have been to Disney 3 times before but unfortunately my list trip was 14 years ago, which in my opinion WAYYYYY too long ago but until my lottery numbers come up money is tight and I was very lucky to be able to have been 3 times already!

So my mum says to me 2 years ago, ‘I would love to go to Disney for my 60th birthday’ and my instant reply ‘well let’s do it, we have 2 years to save’ at this point is was still more of a dream than a reality (now signing ‘it’s a great big beautiful tomorrow’ in my head)! But in January I (as I regularly do) was checking the Disney website looking at prices, and wow not only 14 day park hopper tickets included but a QS dining plan too, that when the dream became reality and the deposit was paid!

So the details, there will be 3 of us, Mum (Jean) celebrating 60 years young, Me (Steph AKA Gurt) celebrating 27years somewhere on my way to middle age and my Boyfriend (Chris) celebrating his 1st ever trip. We are flying on the 13th September staying for 2 weeks in Old Key West Resort and then we won’t talk about what happens on the 27th September I can’t cope with the thought of having to come home.

have about 90% of our trip planned, but there is always room for suggestion and improvement, this is the 1st time I have been planner, we used to travel with my auntie, uncle and cousin, they have been close to 40 times so uncle T always did the planning. We don’t have any ADR’s as we don’t want to be time held for anything other than parades and fireworks, we as everyone else want to fit in as much as possible but we know we won’t be able to do everything and we can live with that, me and mum really don’t like roller coasters so that will cut a bit of line time down as even though I am sure Chris will want to ride them I couldn’t think of things much worse than the ToT or MS so he can ride by himself! To be honest BTMR is about my limit to ‘big’ rides!

The next 71 days need to come real quick as I don’t think my tear ducts can cope with me welling up every time I think about Main street or giving Mickey a hug I have been hanging on to for many years, if fact that poses a question, are adults (that will be as excited as an 8 year old) allowed to give characters big hugs or is that just weird?

Now to the plan, as I say always room for suggestions and improvement so feel free to comment! It may be another 14years before I get back again so I want to make the most!

Gurt

Original Poster
Friday13th, First Night – Flying arrive at Orlando Airport 19.40 hotel and crash
Sat 14th Day 1 – Food Shopping and rest / swim
Sun 15th Day 2 – Magic Kingdom
Mon 16th Day 3 – Hollywood Studios
Tues 17th Day 4 – Shopping & resort during day then @ night Mickey’s not so scary Halloween party
Wed 18th Day 5 – Epcot
Thurs 19th Day 6 – Universal Studios (tough day would have been poppa bears 63rd birthday if he was still with us, although I am sure he will be looking down with a smile)
Fri 20th Day 7 – Typhoon Lagoon
Sat 21st Day 8 – Universal Island of Adventures / Downtown Disney in the PM (Sat night out)?
Sun 22nd Day 9 – Sea World
Mon 23rd Day 10 – Shopping & resort / Epcot World Showcase PM
Tues 24th Day 11 – Hollywood Studios
Wed 25th Day 12 – Magic Kingdom
Thurs 26th Day 13 – Animal Kingdom day time / Downtown Disney at night
Fri 27th Day 14 – Epcot AM then come home flight out of Orlando 17.30 but pick up lunch time?

Gurt

Original Poster
Friday 13th September – Traveling Day

Flight at 11.30 from Manchester arrive at 15.40 Atlanta, 17.50 from Atlanta arrive 19.40 Orlando!

Up @ 6.00am have breakfast and get ready to go

Taxi @ 7.30 transfer to Manchester airport, check in is open from 8.am

Flight arrives in Orlando @ 19.40 – Clear customs and immigration by 10.00pm? Magical Express to Old Key West. Arrive 11.00pm?

Saturday 14th September – Shopping and Rest Day (22 hours of travelling with the time difference)

Get the bus to Epcot, then the monorail to the Grand Floridian for lunch @ Gasparilla Island Grill.

Taxi to Publix for food shopping and taxi back to OKW
Water boat to DTD for dinner at Cookes of Dublin

Gurt

Original Poster
Sunday 15th September – 1st Magic Kingdom Day

Park Hours 9.00am – 10.00pm EMH 10.00pm – Midnight

Up @ 7.30 - breakfast in the room, leave for MK @ 8.30
Jungle Cruise - not going to happen I am sooooo gutted it will be closed when we go!
Pirates of the Caribbean
Country Bear Jamboree
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Lunch @ Pecos Bills Inn
The Haunted Mansion
3.00 Dream Come True Parade
Monsters Laugh Floor
Stitch’s Great Escape
Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Run
Carousel Of Progress
Dinner @ Cosmic Rays
8.00pm Main Street Electrical Parade
9.00pm Wishes
Any other rides & back to the hotel

Gurt

Original Poster
Monday 16th September – 1st Hollywood Studios Day
Park Hours 9.00am – 8.30pm EMH 8.00pm – 10.00pm
Up @ 7.15 – breakfast in the room, leave for HS @ 8.15am

Toy Story Mania
The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow
Studio Back Lot Tour
Lights, Motors, Action
Lunch @ Backlot Express
Muppet Vision 3D
Star Tours
Indiana Jones
The Great Movie Ride
Little Mermaid
The Magic of Disney Animation
Pick up packed lunch for Fantasmic
Beauty & the Beast Show
Back to OKW

Gurt

Original Poster
Tuesday 17th September – Shopping / MNSSHP

Bit of a change to the plan, we are now going to go to Lake Buena Vista for shopping as I want to be getting ready for the party by 3pm more time in MK the better!
5pm over to MK for MNSSHP

Wednesday 18th September – 1st Epcot Day
Park Hours 9.00am – 9.00pm EMH 9.00pm – 11.00pm

Up @ 7.30 - breakfast in the room, leave for Epcot @ 8.30
Spaceship Earth & Pavilion
Innoventions
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Nemo Pavilion
Turtle Talk with Crush
Soarin
Image works with Kodak what if
Imagination Pavilion
Figment
Test Track
Universe of Energy Pavilion
Ellen’s Energy Adventure
Lunch @ Cantina de San Angel
World Showcase
Dinner @ Liberty Inn
9.00pm Illuminations
Back to OKW

Gurt

Original Poster
Thursday 19th September – Universal Studios Day
Park Hours 9.00am – 8.30pm

Up @ 7.00am – breakfast in the room, taxi @ 8.00am
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
Shrek 4D
Twister Ride It Out
Blues Brothers Show
Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Revue Live
Disaster
Lunch
Men In Black
The Simpsons Ride
Animal Actors on Location
E.T. Adventure
Universal Superstar Parade time?
Cinematic Spectacular time?
Dinner on International Drive

Gurt

Original Poster
Friday 20th September – Typhoon Lagoon - another change to 'the plan'
Park Hours 10.00am – 5.00pm

Up @ 9.00am
Breakfast in the room
Typhoon Lagoon, no point in paying extra $$ to go to Aquatica when we have the Disney water parks included in our tickets!
Dinner & Drinks @ The Boardwalk

Saturday 21st September – IOA Day
Park Hours 9.00am – 7.00pm

Up @ 7am
Water Boat to DTD breakfast @ Earl of Sandwich
Taxi to IOA
Harry Potter World
Jurassic Park Discovery Centre
JP River Adventure
Pteranodom Flyers
Dudley Do – Right Ripsaw Falls
Popeye & Blutos Bilge – rat Barges
Lunch @ Comic Strip Café
The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman
The Incredible Hulk
Poseidon’s Fury
The 8th Voyage of Sinbad
Taxi to DTD
Dinner @ Wolfgang Puck

Gurt

Original Poster
Sunday 22nd September – Sea World Day
Park Hours 9.00am – 6.00pm

Up @ 7.30 – breakfast @ OKW Goods to Go, Boat to DTD, bus 50 to Sea World
Wild Artic
Discovery Cove
Stingray Lagoon
Turtles & Alligators
Atlantis
Antarctica
Sky Tower
Pacific Point
Kraken? (for Chris maybe, even he isn't sure after I showed him a video online)!
Shark Encounter
Dolphin Nursery
Dinner on International Drive

Monday 23rd September – Shopping am / Epcot pm

Either Florida Mall or Orlando Premium Outlets

OKW swimming / relaxing

Epcot

Gurt

Original Poster
Tuesday 24th September – 2nd Hollywood Studios Day
Chance to ride / see things we didn’t on HS day 1, and some time to stop and smell the roses!

Wednesday 25th September – 2nd Magic Kingdom Day
New Fantasy Land! Including The Little Mermaid and Enchanted Tales with Belle and some of LeFou’s Brew, Would love to eat at BOG but not enough to wait in line for as long as it would take.
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pans Flight
Mickey’s PhilarMagic
And anything we didn’t get chance to do on the 1st MK visit
And of course some time to stop, smell the roses and admire all of MK’s glory! (Literally welling up thinking about it)!

Gurt

Original Poster
Thursday 26th September – Animal Kingdom Day
Park Hours 9.00am – 6.00pm

Up @ 7.30 – breakfast in the room, leave for AK @ 8.30
Oasis Exhibits
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Pangani Forrest Exploration Trail
Wildlife Express Train
Habitat Habit
Affection Section
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Lunch @ Yak & Yeti Local Foods
Kali River Rapids
Flights of Wonder
It’s Tough to be a Bug
Finding Nemo Musical
Dinosaur
Discovery Island Trails
Mickey Jammin Jungle Parade
The Lion King
Dinner @ World Showcase

Friday 27th September – Going Home Day L
Epcot in the morning, travel home pm
And that is the plan!

Gurt

Original Poster
I know, a little bit obbsessed would be an understatment! I am sure there are things I have forgotten, and I am sure it will not all go to plan but I feel the more prepaired I am now the more I can concentrate on the fun while we are there, and as Chris has never been before I am trying to get through to him just how much there is to fit in, we did have days planned for Busch Gardens and Kenndy Space Centre but due to no driver they got cut to spend more time in Disney!

I like your plans! So detailed! My advice: I haven't been to BOG yet, but it seems like you should really try to get there for lunch. You'll have plenty of time to do everything else at MK. I don't do the scary coasters at Universal/IofA, but please consider going on the Mummy ride. I really thought it was awesome. At least send your boyfriend on it first and get his opinion. Also, for the number of times you need transportation outside of Disney, I'd look into renting a car at least for part of your trip. There can be some pretty economical deals for car rentals if you search around. Check mousesavers.com as a starting point.

Gurt

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice LongTimeLurker, sending Chris on the rides 1st is a great idea! Unfortunatley I am scared of driving here in the UK so I really don't want to drive, my mum hasn't driven for 30 years so she can't drive and I have no idea why Chris won't drive he loves it here, I am hoping by the time we are going off property to the other parks he may have decided he can cope with what we call the 'wrong side of the road' and we can rent a car for a few days.

HouCuseChickie

WoW!!!! Super detailed plans. Impressive! :) Glad you are finally getting to go back after all this time. We took a fairly lengthy hiatus before returning int 2010...always nice when you know you're going back to WDW :D Looks like some of your trip dates overlap with our upcoming trip...although looks like you'll be doing all of your non-WDW park days on our trip days. Either way- sounds like an awesome plan!!!

Gurt

Original Poster
We thought about splitting the non Disney days up then thought if we have a couple of days away at once we have a better chance of sorting what we might have missed and things we still want to do and plus its exciting to do it in the 1st then get to do it all over again in the 2nd week!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom