Pre-Trip 14 days and counting.

I guess it's never too late to do a pre trip report, unless of course, I was all packed, and ready to go out the door.

I have been to WDW just about ten times before. If I recount again, this is either my 11th, or 12th trip. Originally this was going to be a Disneyland trip, but we switched gears, and headed south instead of west. I live in Chicago, and my fellow travelers thought it was a better idea to head to Florida, and then we could start our vacation in Disney, and end up in Universal.

My friend Annette has 3 special needs teenage kids, and they just lost their dad unexpectedly. So she's spending a part of her insurance money on a Disney/Universal trip with her kids. There will be 6 of us going. I am Barbara Ann, and I'm the planner. I'm the one that knows my way around the parks, and knows how to do it all. By that, I mean, I have used the fastpass+ system before, and MDE as well. So I nominated myself to do all the planning, and my fellow travelers were fine with that.

There's Me, Annette the mom, Patricia the aunt, and the kids, Clarence, Alexis, and Carissa.

We are staying at Pop Century at Disney, and Cabana Bay at Universal. I used Pixie Vacations Travel Agency to help plan my trip, and so glad I did. Everything is now all paid for, and now all we do is wait. Like I said 14 days from today, we will be on a plane from Ohare, ready to start our vacation.

Stay tuned, and I will fill you in some more on the details of our trip.

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
I am definitely going to make sure that I have enough solo time on this trip to get up close and personal by the Pinocchio Statue. It just didn't happen on my last trip. I only have a point and shoot camera, but it has zoom, and enough pixels that I should be able to come away with some decent shots of my favorite Disney statue. My last trip I got a lot of pics with people in the background. For sure there are different times of the day/night where's it better to try for an acceptable pic with the least distracting background.

skyphotographer

Stay as late as you can. It won't be easy though as everyone will be tired and ready to leave. The CM's don't seem to mind you staying late if you're taking pictures.

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies. I like the likes, but replies are always so much better. I can now start counting down by the hours. In just about 24.5 hours my plane should be taking off in Chicago. I have a window seat this time. It's been a very long time since I have sat in a window seat. I prefer sitting on the aisle. Easier in, and easier out. However, since there are 6 of us this trip we have an entire row on both sides of the aisle. Row 31 going, and 26 coming back.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks for all the replies. I like the likes, but replies are always so much better. I can now start counting down by the hours. In just about 24.5 hours my plane should be taking off in Chicago. I have a window seat this time. It's been a very long time since I have sat in a window seat. I prefer sitting on the aisle. Easier in, and easier out. However, since there are 6 of us this trip we have an entire row on both sides of the aisle. Row 31 going, and 26 coming back.

Wishing you the happiest vacation, and fingers crossed that your foot problems won't be an issue. Just take some rest breaks during each day. Enjoy!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom