12/15 Everest Photo Update with Sign close-up

peter11435

Original Poster
Went to AK for a few hours yesterday morning and this afternoon. Joe Rohde was walking around yesterday morning and was checking things out around the village and the new sign. Today I saw about 8 CM wearing brand new E:E costumes walking through Asia. They were a brownish color with some green on the sleeves and a green triangle piece across the front. The right side has and EE logo patch. They all had hard hats on as well. Unfortunately I did not get any photos of the new costumes but they look great IMO. These photos were taken this afternoon December 15. Hope you enjoy.

Just click the images to see a much larger version.

Main Entrance

Everest main sign

Sign close-up

Fastpass distribution.

CTXRover

Great photos. I know it was mentioned in an earlier thread, but I absolutely love the way the main sign for EE looks. Not only does the tarp-like sign fit perfectly into the look of the village, but I love the way they were able to get the subtitle into the sign. Placing the EE banner over the "Beware of The Legend of the Forbidden Mountain" poster so that really only the subtitle can be seen was incredibly clever and a very good example of attention to detail.

yensidtlaw1969

Creekboy25 said:
I like how the fastpass return says 4:10... does that mean that the official opening date is April 10th???

~Dawson
Nope . . .

. . . from what we're hearing, 3 days before . . .

:animwink:

Yensid "I-just-wanted-to-sing-!" tlaw1969

OmegaKnight

Its cool to see Everest cast members at the site already, even if they were just from the attractions (I guess it takes longer to train attractions than it does to train merchandise.) I report to Everest as a merchandise CM on January 8.

rainfully

Creekboy25 said:
I like how the fastpass return says 4:10... does that mean that the official opening date is April 10th???

~Dawson

Doubtful. This is how it read on Tuesday:

48374984-M.jpg

peter11435

Original Poster
Creekboy25 said:

~Dawson
No. The fastpass return time says 4:10 because the picture was taken at 4:10. The attractions official opening is set at April 7, 2006.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom