100 Years of Magic DVD?

steamboatwillie

I think it has a little ToD -- it does, though, have almost the entire show of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth filmed professionally. That's the reason I bought the whole DVD! It also has the original Walt Disney Story 30 minute film shown on Main Street in widescreen!

You can buy the soundtrack to Tapestry of Dreams, though. I own it, and yes it is different from Tapestry of Nations (but very nicely done):
http://www.mainstreetpins.com/themeparks/10048.html

SpyDis

DVD Feedback

Yes, very often what appears on the VHS and DVD seem late or out of date becuase they are shot before the actual attraction is ready. For example, if you look closely, you will see the Sorcerer Hat is really a computer generated graphic. The actual attraction opened in the 11th hour which made it impossible to shoot.

Next year, a new version of the 4-park will be available. What would you like to see on it that might make it diffrent enough so it was worth buying?

Also, do any of you listen to DVDs in 5.1 Surround yet?

Signing off...

WDWspider

Re: DVD Feedback

Originally posted by SpyDis
Yes, very often what appears on the VHS and DVD seem late or out of date becuase they are shot before the actual attraction is ready. For example, if you look closely, you will see the Sorcerer Hat is really a computer generated graphic. The actual attraction opened in the 11th hour which made it impossible to shoot.

Next year, a new version of the 4-park will be available. What would you like to see on it that might make it diffrent enough so it was worth buying?

Also, do any of you listen to DVDs in 5.1 Surround yet?

Signing off...

I just think longer segments of some older attractions would be great, or one attraction from each park in length.

I also wish Disney would compile a DVD with all past attractions on it from start to finish: 20,000 Leagues, World of Motion, JII, DreamFlight, Mission to Mars, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, The Tiki Room, Horizons, Captain E/O, the Skyway, and maybe soon the Time Keeper, and CoP. This would be awesome.

Dwarful

Well now I am so excited but I will have to wait until Christmas to watch it...(I sure hope I can)! Anyway it sounds fantastic!

MicBat

Re: Re: DVD Feedback

Originally posted by spider-man
I also wish Disney would compile a DVD with all past attractions on it from start to finish: 20,000 Leagues, World of Motion, JII, DreamFlight, Mission to Mars, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, The Tiki Room, Horizons, Captain E/O, the Skyway, and maybe soon the Time Keeper, and CoP. This would be awesome.

That would be a great idea! :sohappy:

Re: Re: DVD Feedback

Originally posted by spider-man

I am in complete agreement! :D

ACE

Originally posted by steamboatwillie
The shipping for the 100 Years of Magic DVD on Main Street Pins.com is only $1.98, and from my experience ordering from them they ship it out the next day :)

I went to Main Street Pins.com and the DVD cost $44.99. That's why shipping was only $1.98.

:wave: ACE

Henning

Hi!

The DVD has better and not so good parts:

:D good:

1. the great (nearly full length) footage of Illuminations
2. some of the main attractions are featured for several minutes
3. it includes the "Walt Disney Story"
4. it includes a nice little feature of Epcot-history

:( bad:

1. nothing about ToD nor of the other new parades (in the studios or AK)
2. exept for the title-logo there is hardly anything about the 100 years of magic celebration
3. no water parks

Concerning the quality, I sometimes thought that these little features about the parks you get in the TVs in your hotel room in the Disney resorts are better.

But well, I´m not dissapointed - I just wanted to bring some moving pictures home to remember the vacation....and that works with the DVD!

-Henning

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom