100 Years of Magic DVD?

leaf44

Original Poster
I was just wondering if anyone has bought the 100 Years of Magic DVD? I saw it when I was there in Oct. and then forgot to go back and buy it. I was thinking of ordering it through the mail order service but I wanted to know what people thought of it first. Thanks!:)

TIGGER-FAN

It is great, they have the standard 4 park tour and as a bonus the same movie that is shown at MGM one man's dream. I highly reccomend!

nikimsu2002

I didn't buy the DVD but I did buy the VHS version. It is pretty much the same. Only cheaper. I thought it was worth the money.

pepsistar

:lookaroun Sounds like something I would like to have. Looked at the screen saver and did not think I would like it. It did not seem like it showed much of the 100 years celebration that I was expecting, just scenery. Boo Hoo---

BUT the DVD /VHS sounds graet! Anyone know if it is avaliable at the Disney stores? Or just at WDW?? :(

Will I HAVE!!!!! to go back!!!! to get it ????? mmmmmmmmmmmm Sounds like a good plan LOL :lol:

steamboatwillie

I own it and it's really fantastic. The first part of it is 30mins and it includes almost the FULL show of Illuminations:Reflections of Earth. The second part (which is not included on the VHS version) is the ORIGINAL Walt Disney Story film presented on Main Street and it's in WIDESCREEN!

EXTREMELY cool DVD, that I would DEFINITELY recommend!

I bought it here:

http://www.mainstreetpins.com/themeparks/10053.html

Hope this helps!

pepsistar

:sohappy: steamboatwillie, thanks I will write down that address in case I don 't get to go to WDW again for a while. The Walt disney story is the old one??? Wonder if they will ever make the new version available??

Is that the only difference in the vhs and the dvd??? Glad to hear it has illuminations-- been trying to tape it and can not seem to get the pictures on the earth to come out---- thanks again!! :animwink:

steamboatwillie

Oh yeah, the Illuminations video really is worth the entire price of the DVD since it is professionally done. The DVD really isn't widely known about but is truly a must-have :)

mwitkus

definitely worth getting... it really gives you a great tour of the 4 parks.. and tells you about walt and his life.. it's a nice piece to add to your collection...

leaf44

Original Poster
Hi!

I just wanted to thank everyone for their replies, it sounds like I will have to get it:D . Now I can't wait to watch it! Thanks again!:)

Leaf

Nineinchnailsmk

this is by far one of the coolest dvds i own. I think its great because of the fact that it shows the different rides and different aspects of the park. i love the part where walt talks about the florida project. i keep harping on this, but i really want a disney treasures to come out about the "florida project" Very cool DVD. I also highly recommend the book to go with it.

WDWspider

I got a DVD, the Hardback Book, a magnet, the 100 years screensavers, a mousepad, a 100 years photo album, the 100 years CD, and my son a 100 years shirt. :D

Just got back btw.... the DVD's are a little harder to come by, but if you are looking you will find them, I saw them at enough places to say they are not scarce, but not overflowing either.

MicBat

I saw them in the Emporium at the Magic Kingdom. I didn't buy it though b/c I just assumed it was the same one they've been selling for the past 11 years and added on to it. :brick: Isn't it $29 at WDW Merchandising? I didn't think it was $39, but that's what they have it as on mainstreetpins.com

clee687

After reading about the DVD here, I ordered it by calling the WDW mail order number. I recieved it Monday, but they accidentally sent me the VHS version instead. I was too excited to send it back and have to wait for the DVD so I just called and requested a refund to my credit card for the price difference. (That was complicated enough-it was NOT the magical Disney service that I was expecting). Now I am kicking myself since I know the DVD has extra stuff. I do LOVE the video though. I am going to watch it again tonight. I am disappointed that although it it the 100 year of magic video, it has nothing on it from the new parades, new rides or even footage of the giant hat that are supposed to be for the celebration. I guess they shot the thing too early, but I doubt I will get to go down there before the end of February and I had hoped to get to experience the Magic on that video! Oh well, it is still fun to watch. By the way, the pricing from the mail order number was 19.99 for the video and 29.99 for the DVD-- then shipping cost was 10.95 .

steamboatwillie

The shipping for the 100 Years of Magic DVD on Main Street Pins.com is only $1.98, and from my experience ordering from them they ship it out the next day :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom