Trip Report 10 x 2 wishing for an extra magical celebration! Completed!

I'll start this pre trip by taking you back in time. Approx 10 years and 7 months.

I was having my first ultrasound with my amazing OBGYN. This being my second pregnancy I was an old pro. All 31 years old and cocky. When my doctor suddenly said "Oh, here is why you have been so sick. Baby A and Baby B. You're having twins."

The world stopped. Everything came crashing down around me. I was speechless, dumbfounded even. I couldn't process anything she told me and was sent on my way to digest the news.

10 years later, I look at my beautiful, brilliant, unique and sassy girls and I am still speechless and dumbfounded. How did I get so lucky that the Universe gave me you?!? So this trip is all about celebrating Bear and Nene. Double Digits Baby!

69724164-F87A-4C2A-BB17-CCC2831BFB94.jpeg

558BFA81-8BB8-4DFB-85CB-EF3422211DD0.jpeg
F8E51162-E915-4BEE-8D47-5EB5438A08AA.jpeg

AE8BA255-E84D-4882-A96F-B66D409763C4.jpeg

CAD9D533-E09E-464C-8D8F-1E6DC0464AC4.jpeg
A9AF3297-F9EE-4703-984F-4356FEB6F18D.jpeg
D1214AAA-C770-4E25-82D2-B5288B676B14.jpeg
E7FF49CC-7BBA-4863-8CD6-518B78C6B096.jpeg
CAABACC0-9EC7-48EA-823B-5130FBAAB961.jpeg

7AC40A97-AC5B-42F8-B513-1A82B6431946.jpeg

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Sounds great!

Fingers crossed all goes as planned!

Have some birthday fun!!
Excited Happy Birthday GIF by Mickey Mouse

It's actually my birthday Friday too. But birthdays don't seem to count anymore when you're the mom😄. Does that mean I'm still 31?!?!?

Two trips in one! How nice that both sets of grandparents can go too. Enjoy!

Excited New Year GIF

We are so excited about that part! It will be my first time at Disneyworld with my parents🥹

Have a fantastic trip!

Thank you! 2 more days!

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
Bear & Nene must be so excited. Is their actual birthday whilst they are on the Wish Cruise. It’s lovely that all your family are together for the last few days. Let the party begin 🎉🥳

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Bear & Nene must be so excited. Is their actual birthday whilst they are on the Wish Cruise. It’s lovely that all your family are together for the last few days. Let the party begin 🎉🥳
Their birthday is the 28th so while we are at Universal. They just missed a Disney Wish birthday party however excited for a Universal one. They are our adrenaline junkies!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
My Disney depression is now over since we booked a Spring break trip this week. That means I can pick up this trip report without being sad. So let me dust off the memories and if you feel like following along on a very stale trip we are happy to have you ☺️.

March 23rd

We all went about our day as usual school/work all the normal things. Nana arrived at our house around 4:00pm we said our tearful goodbyes to Jet and Handsome. This is the longest we have ever been apart and Handsome was struggling a little bit with the separation.

We parked at the airport and sent a location in to Paca since he was going to drive our car when they arrived on the 25th.

We breezed through security bought some snacks and waters and boarded without incident.
IMG_0617.jpeg
IMG_0167.jpeg

Back story on Bear she has hypoplastic enamel. Her teeth are super sensitive to hot and cold. She loves Starbucks and had a hot drink at the airport. She started complaining that her tooth hurt. We didn't think much of it and had an uneventful flight. We arrived and took our first ride of the trip the Fonorail.
IMG_0168.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
This will be a text heavy section so bare with me.

At 2:00am Bear woke up screaming in pain. I immediately knew what was wrong since this is happened before. I looked in her mouth and sure enough her gum was swollen and she clearly had an abscess tooth. I called the on call number for our pediatrician and dentist. It took about 30 minutes to hear back that neither of them could help me from there and I would need to find an urgent care near by. I called one and they told me the closest one that would help me with dental issues was an hour away and the couldn't prescribe antibiotics. It was 4:00 am and I was starting to worry about us being able to board the boat timely.

I had listed to a WDW trip report on a podcast where someone had visited an urgent care on Disney property and been prescribed/provided antibiotics on the spot. I called and they said they would see her. Hubby called and Uber and for some reason even though I had called our credit card company to tell them we were traveling they blocked our card! Luckily Hubby had our Disney Visa with him too so we were earned points the rest of the trip😜.

The urgent care gave her the antibiotics and told my hubby to give her Tylenol( this will be important later) and that we were good to still go on the cruise.

They didn't get back to the room until 6:00am. Bear was feeling much better since they gave her pain medicine at the clinic.

We highly recommend the Disney urgent care. They were phenomenal!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Nene Ninja woke up in the morning ready to go clueless that the rest of us had been up all night. Even though we were exhausted the girls excited was palpable. We couldn't wait to board the Wish.
70135897081__80A32B19-3443-42FB-A826-F5D1238E10A7.jpeg
IMG_0185.jpeg
70135895544__385CEEC6-B70B-4EF8-B208-CC8224F34512.jpeg
IMG_0188.jpeg

Our boarding time was 11:30 so we had an Uber pick us up at 10:00. It was a tight squeeze with all our luggage but we were on our way. We were so excited as we neared the port.
IMG_0196.jpeg

And then we saw our first ever Disney cruise ship and we had all the feels.
IMG_0192.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We checked our luggage and got checked in without any issues. When we got to the terminal they told us boarding would be slightly delayed as there was a launch 🚀 that day.
IMG_0199.jpeg
IMG_0198.jpeg

Claire started to shake and tell us her tooth hurt again while we were waiting. Hubby gave her ibuprofen but it wasn't helping. She laid on the bench and you could just tell she was miserable. Nene was in her prime and wanted to explore the terminal so we explored. We went outside at the perfect time as we got to see the rocket fly over the wish.
IMG_0205.jpeg
IMG_0201.jpeg
IMG_0203.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0200.png
    IMG_0200.png
    106 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0206.jpeg
    IMG_0206.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 39

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
When we got back inside Bear was clearly getting worse not better. We contemplated what to do. She still wanted to board the ship but this Mama was getting concerned. We went ahead and boarded and hoped napping poolside would help since she was up all night. We boarded the ship and loved our Royal introduction.
IMG_0209.jpeg

We found seats by the pool and hit the pool deck restaurants for lunch.
IMG_0212.jpeg
IMG_0214.jpeg

Since Bear was feeling so cold she wasn't up for swimming. We decided to go check out the kids club. Nene explored every inch of it while Bear sat on a bench with her head down🙁.
IMG_0218.jpeg
IMG_0222.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We only had 40 minutes in the room before it was time for our muster drill Bear was struggling and I started to panic. At the muster drill she was white as a ghost, trembling in pain with tears flowing down her face. She needed to see a doctor.

Scary Mama Bear kicked in. I went up to the cast member and told her we needed to see the ship doctor. She told me that I could see him until we left port. I proceeded to tell her that I was seeing the doctor or leaving the ship. I didn't care which but I couldn't sit there with my child in pain any longer.

She radioed some people and they agreed that we could go see him. It was Erie walking through the ship. Everyone else was at muster. We got down to the doctor they looked at the paperwork from urgent care and asked how we had been treating her. I told him we gave her Ibuprofen and he told us that was where we went wrong.😑. Only Tylenol would cut the pain. He gave us one dose and told us to visit Maine Sails when it opened and we could buy more. Within 30 minutes, the pain had subsided and she was able be comfortable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom