Trip Report 10 x 2 wishing for an extra magical celebration! Completed!

I'll start this pre trip by taking you back in time. Approx 10 years and 7 months.

I was having my first ultrasound with my amazing OBGYN. This being my second pregnancy I was an old pro. All 31 years old and cocky. When my doctor suddenly said "Oh, here is why you have been so sick. Baby A and Baby B. You're having twins."

The world stopped. Everything came crashing down around me. I was speechless, dumbfounded even. I couldn't process anything she told me and was sent on my way to digest the news.

10 years later, I look at my beautiful, brilliant, unique and sassy girls and I am still speechless and dumbfounded. How did I get so lucky that the Universe gave me you?!? So this trip is all about celebrating Bear and Nene. Double Digits Baby!

69724164-F87A-4C2A-BB17-CCC2831BFB94.jpeg

558BFA81-8BB8-4DFB-85CB-EF3422211DD0.jpeg
F8E51162-E915-4BEE-8D47-5EB5438A08AA.jpeg

AE8BA255-E84D-4882-A96F-B66D409763C4.jpeg

CAD9D533-E09E-464C-8D8F-1E6DC0464AC4.jpeg
A9AF3297-F9EE-4703-984F-4356FEB6F18D.jpeg
D1214AAA-C770-4E25-82D2-B5288B676B14.jpeg
E7FF49CC-7BBA-4863-8CD6-518B78C6B096.jpeg
CAABACC0-9EC7-48EA-823B-5130FBAAB961.jpeg

7AC40A97-AC5B-42F8-B513-1A82B6431946.jpeg

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Love that you got so much done right away at AK even with the hour wait at Avatar FOP! We haven't been to Yak and Yeti in many years but after hearing that your husband thought it was the best meal of the trip, I'm going to add it to the rotation for our January trip! It's so nice that you were able to get the whole family together for this trip.
Our food and service were fantastic at Yak & Yeti. It was our first time and we will definitely be back. We can get so much accomplished at AK in the morning. We didn't get to slow down and see the animals since we were park hopping. I regret that but we only had 2 days in the parks with my parents. I loved having both sets of grandparents with us. We did have a hard time boarding a few rides but the memories made were worth it.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
After Guardians it was time for TT. This was my one mistake this trip. Due to my Mom's stroke she struggles with core strength and control of her body. I told her that if she sat on the end she would be fine. I wasn't in her car and didn't realize she wouldnt be able to scoot all the way across so she ended up in the middle. She had a terrible experiences as a result and I felt awful after.
IMG_0693.jpeg
IMG_0696.jpeg
IMG_0695.jpeg
IMG_0751.jpeg
IMG_1093.jpeg
IMG_1092.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
My mom was struggling so we decided to head back to the resort instead of watching fireworks. Skyliner for a quick exit. It was an early night but had been a great day.

7:00am we were back on the Skyliner on our way to DHS. The grandparents decided to come a little later since our first destination was TOT with it being down the first day.
IMG_0712.jpeg
IMG_0713.jpeg
IMG_0714.jpeg
IMG_0717.jpeg
IMG_0753.jpeg
IMG_1091.jpeg
IMG_0718.jpeg

We actually ended up riding 3 times in a row. This side of the park was absolutely dead. It was so fun. After the 3rd time we decided to get coffees and do a little shopping since the grandparents were on their way.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Lines were still fairly short so we jumped in line for MMRR. It was a 20 minute wait and we were all able to ride together which was so fun. Since we were crammed like sardines my mom was able to handle the tango scene.
IMG_0728.jpeg
IMG_0729.jpeg

We had a LL for MM with so many grandparents along Hubby and I were able to take a rare ride together.
IMG_0732.jpeg
IMG_0733.jpeg
IMG_0734.jpeg
IMG_0735.jpeg
IMG_0759.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1085.jpeg
    IMG_1085.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 23

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Next up GE. We don't let our kids have soda at home but at WDW those rules fly out the window. Handsome had to have one of the fun cokes.
IMG_0740.jpeg

We had an ILL for ROTR so that was our next stop. I was so excited for my dad to ride this one. He is an engineer who loves Star Wars so I couldn't wait for him to experience this ride.
IMG_0742.jpeg
IMG_0747.jpeg
IMG_0749.jpeg
IMG_0761.jpeg
IMG_0765.jpeg
IMG_0768.jpeg

My mom was not happy about the little drop but my Dad loved every minute!

Tiki Traveler

“Happy Thanksgiving to all the readers! Thanksgiving is my favorite good food, drinks, family, friends. No worrying about the perfect gift or hauling out bins and bins of lights. The perfect holiday in my opinion. “

Stacy London Yes GIF

I know it’s not but you make the coordination of all the families for rides and food look easy! ☺️

meggo819

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We had burgers and chicken fingers at Cosmic Rays and then said goodbye to Tomorrowland. We made our way across Main Street to Pirates for a LL. My mom had a very difficult time getting on and off this ride. If we had a do over I would have probably skipped this one due to her mobility issues.
IMG_1041.jpeg

We stopped for Dole whips after this and then we cowrites some happy haunts.
IMG_1040.jpeg
IMG_1038.jpeg
IMG_1035.jpeg
IMG_1033.jpeg
IMG_1032.jpeg

Hubby and I had our own buggy.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We decided to get a spot for the fireworks. Since both grandmas needed the handicap viewing area we had a difficult time getting spots. Not all of us could join them so we had to split up. They let us hang out together until the show started and then Hubby and my dad had to go outside the viewing area which stunk but I understand.
IMG_0776.jpeg

No pictures except the one of my Mickey bar. I just wanted to be in the moment. It was a great show but it took forever to get out of the viewing area. Fortunately the park really cleared out. Lucky for us SDMT was down to a 30 minute wait which ended up being 20.
IMG_0780.jpeg
IMG_0780.jpeg
IMG_0778.jpeg
IMG_0777.jpeg
IMG_0778.jpeg
IMG_1027.jpeg
IMG_1028.jpeg
IMG_1029.jpeg
IMG_1030.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
“Happy Thanksgiving to all the readers! Thanksgiving is my favorite good food, drinks, family, friends. No worrying about the perfect gift or hauling out bins and bins of lights. The perfect holiday in my opinion. “

Stacy London Yes GIF

I know it’s not but you make the coordination of all the families for rides and food look easy! ☺️
Oh the coordination and pleasing all the personalities can be such a challenge. We don't get as much done as we would like but love all the memories we can look back on. And that's why we book the next trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom