Trip Report 10 x 2 wishing for an extra magical celebration! Completed!

I'll start this pre trip by taking you back in time. Approx 10 years and 7 months.

I was having my first ultrasound with my amazing OBGYN. This being my second pregnancy I was an old pro. All 31 years old and cocky. When my doctor suddenly said "Oh, here is why you have been so sick. Baby A and Baby B. You're having twins."

The world stopped. Everything came crashing down around me. I was speechless, dumbfounded even. I couldn't process anything she told me and was sent on my way to digest the news.

10 years later, I look at my beautiful, brilliant, unique and sassy girls and I am still speechless and dumbfounded. How did I get so lucky that the Universe gave me you?!? So this trip is all about celebrating Bear and Nene. Double Digits Baby!

69724164-F87A-4C2A-BB17-CCC2831BFB94.jpeg

558BFA81-8BB8-4DFB-85CB-EF3422211DD0.jpeg
F8E51162-E915-4BEE-8D47-5EB5438A08AA.jpeg

AE8BA255-E84D-4882-A96F-B66D409763C4.jpeg

CAD9D533-E09E-464C-8D8F-1E6DC0464AC4.jpeg
A9AF3297-F9EE-4703-984F-4356FEB6F18D.jpeg
D1214AAA-C770-4E25-82D2-B5288B676B14.jpeg
E7FF49CC-7BBA-4863-8CD6-518B78C6B096.jpeg
CAABACC0-9EC7-48EA-823B-5130FBAAB961.jpeg

7AC40A97-AC5B-42F8-B513-1A82B6431946.jpeg

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
It was 3:30 and the temps and wait times were soaring. Husbands Children were starting to get cranky. We didn't have a hotel room to rest in so I had a brilliant idea let's get some cold treats and then do something we have never done before.
IMG_0809.jpeg

The Hall of Presidents. Bear and Nene studied the American Revolution in school this year. During this same time Jet had a soccer tournament in DC. Her and I spent two days enjoying our Nations capital and I don't know why but helping my twins study and then being in DC really cemented a feeling a patriotism. I get a little teary eyed now watching things like the Hall of Presidents. My kids make so much fun of me and say " You are so cringe Mama." Either way I loved the AC, rest and the show.
IMG_0812.jpeg
IMG_0931.jpeg
IMG_0932.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We were a little lost on what to do next and I was officially "the worst" for not buying Genieplus. Children you have no idea. I grew up in the you wait in line and be quiet era so I was having none of their attitude😃. The app show Smallworld at 20 minutes so that's where we went next.
IMG_0814.jpeg
IMG_0816.jpeg
IMG_0934.jpeg
IMG_0936.jpeg
IMG_0937.jpeg

I just love this Sun. I should have one made to hand it my house. It makes me happy.
IMG_0938.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Winnie the Pooh was posted at 40 minutes but it didn't look like a 40 minute wait. We decided to roll the dice and were successful we only waited +\- 20.
IMG_0941.jpeg

Our time was running short. It was 5:30 and we needed to leave the park no later than 7pm. We said goodbye to Fantasyland and decided Tomorrowland would be our last stop. Space Mountain was on everyone's list so we decided to wait in line. It was a 30 minute wait so pretty good for Spring break.
IMG_0988.jpeg
IMG_0987.jpeg

We had a little time to spare so Jet and Hubby made a case for one last spin on Buzz. The wait time was low so we made it on with time to spare.
IMG_0986.jpeg
IMG_0985.jpeg
IMG_0984.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
It was time to leave and we had mixed emotions the 4 of us who had been away from home a little too long were ready to get going. Jet and Handsome were very sad and wishing they had more time. We stopped for our traditional sad face photo.
IMG_0983.jpeg
IMG_0980.jpeg
IMG_0978.jpeg

One last look down Main Street
IMG_0947.jpeg

We made our way to the buses and just like the rest of our trip the wait was only 5-10 minutes. Made our way back to CBR, had dinner, took and Uber and flew out of MCO without issue. I couldn't believe how smooth all our transportation had been this trip.

Next up final thoughts, future trips....

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Final thoughts:

DCL is amazing. This was our first cruise ever. Hubby was very anti cruise before our trip. The ship was beautiful, the food had some pros and cons but it was better than Hubby expected. Castaway Cay is as amazing as everyone says it it. We booked another cruise for summer 2024. This one will be on the Fantasy visiting Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay. Since there are 6 of us we had to book 2 staterooms which is pricey. I don't think we will become regular cruisers because of the price. However Jet and Handsome were desperate to go after hearing about our amazing time.

Universal: My adrenaline junkie twins love these parks. It misses on the magic factor for me but with Max pass it's so easy to do/see everything so it's a perfect long weekend destination. We will be heading back in 2025 for Handsome's 10th birthday.

Twin trip in general. I regret not forcing them to take separate trips. We didn't get the one on one moments that we crave with our kiddos. It was still a battle of compromise and shared moments. I know for them being together was important and ultimately we let them decide. Being a twin can be hard at times but having your best friend with you everywhere you go is an amazing thing to witness.

Disney: CBR was great! The rooms need an update but the transportation and food here were some of our best experiences on property. If there was a way to book the refurbished rooms this would be an absolute slam dunk for me.

The bad. I know my mom's mobility is worse than most. She cannot utilize the left side of her body due to her stroke. Rooms and transportation to and from the parks were no issue. It was honestly very difficult for her to get on 90% of the rides. My family grew up going to Cedar Point and riding all the rides as a family. I was hoping to do that at Disney. Although there are accommodations everywhere, Castmembers (with the exception of MMRR) would get very annoyed with the length of time it took my mom to load and unload. It was very hard to witness and I felt terrible for my mom to have to endure their sighs and glares. I regret that I didn't complain about the Pirates Castmembers. They were incredibly rude to my mom when we struggled to get her out of the boat. At the end of the day we still love Disney however I don't think I will get my mom back to the parks.

As I stated before we are heading back to WDW over Spring break. We are doing a crazy split stay since I kept adding days. We will be staying 2 nights at @riverside 's beloved Riverside , 3 night at AKL in a Savannah view room I rented through David's vacation Club and 4 nights at Pop Century.

Thank you for sticking with me to the end!

Life is so busy but these memories we are building with our kids are why we keep coming back!

lindawdw

Thank you for sharing this wonderful trip with us! Your kids are so adorable, and you certainly accomplished so much with the amount of people in your group! I'm sorry that your mom had to endure the impatient reactions from the CM's at Disney. I know how difficult it is for stroke victims as my dad had one a few years back. I hope you do a TR for your Spring trip!!!

meggo819

Castmembers (with the exception of MMRR) would get very annoyed with the length of time it took my mom to load and unload. It was very hard to witness and I felt terrible for my mom to have to endure their sighs and glares. I regret that I didn't complain about the Pirates Castmembers. They were incredibly rude to my mom when we struggled to get her out of the boat.
That’s just terrible! I wonder if you can submit a generic complaint, mentioning that you had this experience with multiple CMs. Sounds like they need better training on how to handle situations like your mom’s.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing this wonderful trip with us! Your kids are so adorable, and you certainly accomplished so much with the amount of people in your group! I'm sorry that your mom had to endure the impatient reactions from the CM's at Disney. I know how difficult it is for stroke victims as my dad had one a few years back. I hope you do a TR for your Spring trip!!!
Thank you for following. I love reliving our trip through these reports. Planning and coordinating our trips are part of the fun. I enjoy it so much I signed up to be a Disney Travel planner🤣.

I appreciate the support for my mom. She battled hard to regain her mobility. Then during COVID she fell and broke her hip. With all the rehab facilities closed her rehab was not good and she hasn't been able to recover still.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
That’s just terrible! I wonder if you can submit a generic complaint, mentioning that you had this experience with multiple CMs. Sounds like they need better training on how to handle situations like your mom’s.
I should have complained about the Pirates castmember. My normally very calm father had steam coming from his ears after it. I know cast members are trying to keep lines moving but having a little compassion can go a long way. It's too late to complain now but if I can convince her to go back we will steer clear of pirates for her. Stepping out of the boat was impossible for her and there wasn't a great way for us to assist.

littleroo

What a great TR! Your family is truly adorable! I love the pictures of the twins from birth to present day. I look forward to seeing them grow up on this forum.

PS. I know it is too late to do anything about the Pirates incident but I still think a letter about how it made you feel could go a long way in helping another family. (I hope those cast members don't believe in kharma.....)

cgersic

So sad to see this one end, but so excited for all of the upcoming plans! Handsome does look truly sad in your sad face photo and what you said about the twins is so sweet! I'm getting one Epcot day/night with my sister this Friday - she's my best friend too, although not a twin - and I'm soooo excited!! As one who helps out a father facing mobility challenges, it's one of the reasons I never took him back to Disney. It would ruin the great memories we do have. Hoping we can get some changes made, so definitely reach out to someone. Thanks so much for taking us on such a fabulous journey and I hope we get to see some up the upcoming stuff.
Happy I Love It GIF by DisneyJunior

k8einwdw

My thoughts are the atmosphere is great but please bring back the quick service Disney!!
Agreed! Be Our Guest quick service was the best!
Although there are accommodations everywhere, Castmembers (with the exception of MMRR) would get very annoyed with the length of time it took my mom to load and unload. It was very hard to witness and I felt terrible for my mom to have to endure their sighs and glares.
That is so disappointing. I would think anyone waiting in line would be understanding of someone with mobility issues taking a little longer to get out. I hate that the CMs made your mom feel like a burden.

mpaulam

In the Parks
No
Thanks for sharing your trip. You certainly had a great time with 10 people other than the rough times with your mom. Sorry she (and the rest of you) had to experience that.
Awesome spring break trips you've got planned!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom