10 rumors that can be put to bed with this post

Fritz_and_Ernst

Original Poster
As sometimes I read the same rumors again and again, I thought it would be fun to list my top ten that can go away until Disney gives us a reason to talk about them again. Or the top ten things Screamscape, Jim Hill, or my close personal Imagineer friend told me is going to happen tomorrow. That's funny.

1. Everest is the first step in Beastly Kingdom
2. 5th gate with Villians theme or knockoff of Isles of adventure
3. Bald Mountain on land behind 20k
4. Harry Potter Dark Ride
5. Indiana Jones Stunt show transforming to a version similar to DL
6. Spaceship Earth/Time Racers (project Gemini)
7. Muppets Great Movie Ride
8. New Epcot World Showcase Pavilion (Africa, Austrailia, Switzerland with Matterhorn)
9. Carousel of Progress closing
10. Classic attractions coming back (Mr. Toad, Skyway, 20K, Etc.)

Honorable Mention (haven't heard in awhile)
Star Tours Pod Racing
Brother Bear flume in Canada
Monorail Expansion
Pixarland (isn't that already happening)

Stuff that really might happen
Pop Century and Contemporary changes
Midway Madness
DisneyQuest closing

Those just need confirmation I believe.
There it is imho. Go to sleep BK, Time Racers, etc.

BuzzComplexCM

Fritz_and_Ernst said:
As sometimes I read the same rumors again and again, I thought it would be fun to list my top ten that can go away until Disney gives us a reason to talk about them again. Or the top ten things Screamscape, Jim Hill, or my close personal Imagineer friend told me is going to happen tomorrow. That's funny.

1. Everest is the first step in Beastly Kingdom
2. 5th gate with Villians theme or knockoff of Isles of adventure
3. Bald Mountain on land behind 20k
4. Harry Potter Dark Ride
5. Indiana Jones Stunt show transforming to a version similar to DL
6. Spaceship Earth/Time Racers (project Gemini)
7. Muppets Great Movie Ride
8. New Epcot World Showcase Pavilion (Africa, Austrailia, Switzerland with Matterhorn)
9. Carousel of Progress closing
10. Classic attractions coming back (Mr. Toad, Skyway, 20K, Etc.)

Honorable Mention (haven't heard in awhile)
Star Tours Pod Racing
Brother Bear flume in Canada
Monorail Expansion
Pixarland (isn't that already happening)

Stuff that really might happen
Pop Century and Contemporary changes
Midway Madness
DisneyQuest closing

Those just need confirmation I believe.
There it is imho. Go to sleep BK, Time Racers, etc.

Pixarland....HA! Tomorrowland is such a mess now, I'm glad I don't work there for that simple reason. Oh how I miss Dreamflight :(

PurpleDragon

Mecha Figment said:
i still get people who are shocked when I tell them that the costumes are not air conditioned.

ROFL I bet people who wear the character costumes probably sweat off about 10-20lbs a day like I've heard NASCAR/INDYCAR drivers do.

I always knew that they were not air conditioned, but I assumed Disney had made steps towards some sort of cooling system on those costumes(watercooling, etc...), cause honestly you would really have to sign a waiver to wear those things, you could easily get heatstroke if you were out in that hot FLA sun for too long.

jedimaster1227

We tried this once with Steve, to make a sticky thread that would show debunked rumors and ideas that shouldn't be mentioned but he ended up rejecting it later.

wannab@dis

STR8FAN2005 said:
Not all of those can be debunked.
Yep, I thought about highlighting one and seeing how fast things fell apart. Maybe it's best to leave it buried in the other thread. :lookaroun

mandib

Before I opened this I was like I hope there's something in there about Beastly Kingdom. And to my like it was #1. I enjoyed this random topic. I had forgotten all about the Brother Bear flume ride in Canda too. Good idea on this one!

natalia1681

You forgot the rumor about River Country being opened back up, either by itself or as the pool for the Wilderness Lodge....

But, I don't think it's a rumor...:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun:lol::lol::lol:

applelific

natalia1681 said:
You forgot the rumor about River Country being opened back up, either by itself or as the pool for the Wilderness Lodge....

But, I don't think it's a rumor...:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun:lol::lol::lol:

Thats funny!

I also heard one about the skyway comming back.....!

tychis

Sorry to Burst your Bubbles

Unfortunately I can for the most part confirm that 3 of your so called rumors that that you have busted have not been busted as of yet.

Lets start with the Indiana Jones change over. Yes the idea among Disney top brass is that by early 2008 Indiana Jones could have a new face lift in conjunction with the new movie. If that movie project gets off the ground then the change will come shortly after. Similar to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Next. Epcot

Epcot has confirmed as well that starting next summer (2007) will be adding some new countries to the mix. What countries will be added will be up to public input. How big there are is also up for grabs. Something to do with the 2nd part of a million dreams celebration and Epcot anniversary. more details to come.

3rd and My favorite bust.

Monorail this has been confirmed a couple of times in the last year that monorail expansion is a absolute. With the creation of the new vacation club resort disney has decided in the infinite wisdom they would expand the monorail. The Plans have been done though no time table set except they hope to break ground on the new resort by late spring early summer. The reason I know this is I have been a vacation club member now for 11 years and I hold considerable amount of disney stock. If any of you ever goto there stockholder meetings you would also know this.

thanks

Have a nice day

Fritz_and_Ernst

Original Poster
I hope all three of those are true. Heck I hope the whole list would be true, except maybe the Harry Potter, not a big fan. But I have been reading on this board since 2001. All of those things have came and gone many times and nothing happened. The funny thing about the Epcot countries, which desperately need a new one, back in 92, 93 I bought an unofficial guide. It had three new countries ready to go including Switzerland and the Matterhorn. This list was for things that people speculate and still haven't happened. Until they have a press conference and formally announce any of those things happening, I still just can't believe it. I just don't want to get my hopes up and get nothing. With the Monorail, I just can't imagine the price to do that. Do you guys remember back in the 90's when they were going to connect a monorail from the airport. Is it me, or does anyone else remember that. If you want a fun read, go to Jim Hill's site and put Gemini in the search, and read the article on Project Gemini. I remember reading the article awhile ago, but I had forgotten all the details. Future World was going to be called Discovery land, new shops, restaurants, Living Seas with Little Mermaid charcters (Close but no cigar) about the only thing that came out of it right was Soarin. But it wasn't supposed to be a carbon copy and totally different movie than DCA. If it does happen, according to the article, they need to work quick. It is suppose to be done by Oct 1. Keep your fingers crossed. Ha!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom