10 Day World Ticket for US Folks

ritchie56

I've been reading the forum for months though I haven't posted before. I don't remember a discussion about this, though if there is a thread, please feel free to direct me.

I am planning a trip for our family of four for the last week of May and the first week of June. We will be in Orlando for eleven days, with one day planned for Sea World, the rest at Disney. We have rented a condo off site (for extra space, laundry and full kitchen). I had planned on buying 7 day park hopper plus tickets, plus Disney Quest Tickets for one day (my kids are 16 and 14).

However, I noticed on Mousesavers an option directed at UK visitors of 10 day World Passes. There is a special on them right now that puts the price pretty much the same as the 7 Day Hoppers. But it includes Disney Quest! (and a character breakfast--though I don't think the kids would care about that very much). That would save me a substantial amount and would allow for more flexibility on the entire trip since they work like Ultimate Park Hopper tickets.

According to Mousavers and the British website, they have sold to Americans and there is no problem with using the passes. My question is has anybody on the boards here done that and did it work? I'm looking for the catch--this looks too perfect for us -- there must be a problem I don't see. Tell me your experiences with this option!

Hawk

We came over last september, armed with the 10 day tickets, 10 days for the price of 7, they cost us £199.00 (approx $313.) which is pretty good, however, do bear in mind that these tickets expire 21 days after the first use, so give them a miss if you're not planning on using all of the days, it's ok if you use at least 7 days, but if you're only planning on using 5-6 days, you'll lose out.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

I asked a similar question, more out of interest than anything else, to Virgin Holidays when we booked last year.

I was told that it is an offer that is made in the UK only and is not valid for domestic customers.

I'm sure you could get hold of them, but I'm not sure what would happen if it was spotted on the gates. Probably nothing, but who knows.

Best bet would be to speak to guest relations I suppose.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

The only passes that are good for 10 days are the Ultimate Park Hoppers (length of stay pass). The British get special deals from Disney because of the expense for them to come to the US. They cater to their long trips. You would not be able to get the pass they were selling in britain because you have to prove you are a british citizen. But your idea seems to work out with the 7 day hoppers. You can spend 7 days at the parks, a day at sea world, a water park or two, and a day at disney quest (seperate ticket needed). This would come to 10 or 11 days (depending on how many days you go in to a waterpark or if you decide to go to Disney Quest). If you only use ten days remember, yu can always take a day off from the parks. There are a lot of things to do on property that don't require admission. And after all those days you might want to just take a break and relax.

Upvote 0

Hawk

The 10 day passes that we had last year included DisneyQuest, and the water parks, and a Character breakfast.
Has anyone from the US tried to buy a 10 day ticket on-line?

Upvote 0

mickeysaver

http://www.paramountinternationaltravel.com/orderTickets.asp

I inquired about the ability to buy and use the 10 Day World Pass from the folks above and they said there was no problem in buying or using these as a US citizen vs a UK citizen. I am considering buying them for our December trip, if I don't see some good hotel rates with the AP. I do feel that with DQ and PI admissions included that this would be a great deal for us. I also love the idea of going to Chef Mickey's for free. But, it all comes down to the bottom line when you consider the hotel bill. Mickey

Upvote 0

Hawk

I cant see that there would be a problem with a US citizen using 'Brit' tickets, after all who'd know, the tickets issued are the same type as you'd get in the US. There aren't any markings to say US or Brit citizens only.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Having checked out old 10 dayers from 2000 there is nothing printed on the tickets to say UK only, however that doesn't mean to say that the mag strip doesn't show something.

In all honesty though I doubt you would have a problem with them. Even if you did, as long as you feign a little ignorance I'm sure you'd be able to use them.:zipit:

Upvote 0

Hawk

Just bumping this thread up again.
Did anyone from the US ever buy the 10 day passes and use them, if so, were there any problems with it or not?

Upvote 0

Katherine

If you rgoing to buy a 10 day pass I'm pretty sure it will be more expensive than buying an anual pass considering the 7-day hopper isabout the same as an annual pass. Plus an annual pass gives you all sorts of discounts on rooms and other stuff.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Please don't forget that I sell discount tickets on my website. I don't sell 10 day hoppers, but I do sell the 7 day park hopper plus tickets.

Pam

Upvote 0

mej

I have got the 2004 Virgin Atlantic brochure and it says that the 10 day pass for next year has unlimited entry to the Water Parks and Disney Quest.

We had those tickets this year - and I know that Disney Quest was unlimited, but don't think that the waterparks were - maybe I was wrong! (I daren't tell the kids - they would have happily lived at Typhoon Lagoon!)

Roll on next year!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom