10 day tickets - need advice

ScottBA

I have a thought/plan for future trips at DisneyWorld and being as economical as possible (I know, Disney and economical usually aren’t in the same sentence). Here’s my situation: My wife’s parents have a house in Ocala, Fl (about an hour and 15 minutes from Orlando) that we are free to use for our vacations. We have 2 adults and 3 children in our family (ages 1, 4 & 6). We have been driving down from Pennsylvania for the past 3 years (yes, even with the baby). We plan on making a yearly trip to Florida with a stop at Disney.

Our thought: Buy a 10 day ticket with the no expiration option (no park hopper, since we rarely use that feature). Buying the tickets through Disney.com, it comes out to $308 for an adult and $267 for a child. So, about $31/day for adults, $27/day for the kiddos. Going to the parks 3 days a year (what we’ve been typically doing on our trips), these tickets would last 3+ years.

Making it even better is to add the Magic Plus pack to the tickets. This would give 5 visits to the waterparks or Disney Quest for each ticket. It would make it $342 for the adult tix and $303 for the kid tix. So, effectively, it makes these tickets 15 day passes (10 days at the parks and 5 days at the waterparks) that never expire (probably about 5 years of visits for us).

This seems like the most economical way for our situation. Do you guys agree? Is there something I’m missing?

The one potential problem I see is when my 6 year old needs an adult ticket (when she turns 10). If we don’t have the tickets used by then, what are the options? Can I just use the remaining days on my youngest (which will need to start paying admission about that time anyways)? Or can the ticket be converted to an adult?

My wife, kids & I LOVE Disney and would like to be able to visit every year. Our finances do not allow for a lengthy stay onsite every year. Having the house in Ocala makes it very reasonable to make the trip to Florida…..and it seems like these 10 day tickets could make it reasonable to visit Disney for a few days every year.

I just want to make sure I’m not missing something before I fork over the $$$$…….

CAPTAIN HOOK

Welcome on board ScottBA :wave:
Wow - the science of Disney tickets - you've been giving it some serious thought (and it needs it)
My only observation is that your youngest will need a ticket in 2 years time (when they're 3) and the eldest in 3 years (when they're 10) depending on when you visit and when their birthdays are.
You may be able to dupe the gate staff but I'm not going to suggest that as its dishonest !!
And I thought I had problems working out tickets !

Upvote 0

ScottBA

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome! I've been a lurker for quite awhile and "joined" a little while ago....but this is my first post!

Yeah, I realize that my youngest would need to buy tickets in a couple of years. I was wondering if it was possible/allowed to use the unused days from of the ticket we are buying now from my oldest (when she turns 10) and use it for my youngest (when she turns 3).

If not, we'll just have to buy a ticket for my youngest in a couple of years...

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I would guess that you can perhaps for an additional payment. If a childs ticket had 2 days park entry left - if you paid the difference between 2 child entries and two adult entries then why not ??

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Only thing I didn't see mentioned by the good captain is that the Magic Plus Pack Options are not "no expiration" options. They work within 14 days of the first use of the ticket, and thats it.

Upvote 0

Trishnh

We do this also since it ends up being cheaper in the long run. As for the tickets, since children are not required to do a finger scan you could use the unused portion for your younger child. But, Disney will 'upgrade' a childs unused ticket to an adult one at no cost if a child turns 10 so that is probably the better option. We also use a disount ticketing agency and have never had a problem. We have used ticket mania and discount orlando vacations--they usually save us about $10-15 a ticket.

Upvote 0

DrJones

Thrawn,

I also puchased the 10 day passes with pluses (haven't used them yet), but my understanding the pluses don't expire.

Here is something for the tickets page on the WDW website.

† Theme park tickets and options must be used within 14 days of first use, unless the No Expiration Option is purchased.

Have you heard something that the pluses don't expire?

Upvote 0

ScottBA

Original Poster
I was also under the impression that the plus options don't expire if the No Expiration Option is purchased. Can someone confirm?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

I'll be happy to confirm for you the following...

All Magic Your Way Tickets are non-transferable, the same person must use any and all days and options.

If you purchase a Magic Your Way Ticket for a child (ages 3-9) with the "No Expiration" Option the child will be able to continue using that ticket until all days and entitlements have been depleted even after they turn 10 years old. You DO NOT need to pay to upgrade it to the adult price when the child reaches the age of 10. Simple bring the ticket to Guest Relations and they will exchange it for an Adult ticket at no cost. Do keep in mind, that Guest Relations will verify the child's current age to the year the ticket was purchased to ensure the ticket was not transfered to another person of a different age.

When the No-Expiration option is purchased on a Magic Your Way Ticket this option WILL protect all entitlements on that ticket, so your "plus" visits are also good forever.

If you would like to "lock in" your ticket prices for the future, you may also wish to consider purchasing a child ticket for your 1 year old now and put it in a safe place. Then you child can start using that ticket when they turn 3 years old.

I have verified the prices you listed in your original post. Do keep in mind that you quoted pre-tax prices. Simply total your order, then add 6.5 % tax plus $3 shipping to get your total price. You also can order your tickets by calling 1-407-W-DISNEY and you will have a 1 in 800+ chance of getting me! :wave:

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom