10 Day Park Ticket and Italian Question...

Question 1: Besides Tutto Italia in Epcot, where can we get some delicious Italian on property?

Question 2: We're getting the 10 Day ParkHopper ticket for the full time we're there - aka, we can go to a park every day. Never done that before. Always had my schedule, where Day 1 was Magic Kingdom, here was our lunch and dinner reservations, etc. Now I'm not sure how to plan...I don't want to plan every single day - I think that's part of the fun of being able to take off to the parks whenever you want. But I DO want to get all of our ADRs in (there's 6 of us) so we can eat at our favorite places.

Those of you who've done this before - what's your strategy?

Thanks!

cdunbar

Question 1: Besides Tutto Italia in Epcot, where can we get some delicious Italian on property?

Question 2: We're getting the 10 Day ParkHopper ticket for the full time we're there - aka, we can go to a park every day. Never done that before. Always had my schedule, where Day 1 was Magic Kingdom, here was our lunch and dinner reservations, etc. Now I'm not sure how to plan...I don't want to plan every single day - I think that's part of the fun of being able to take off to the parks whenever you want. But I DO want to get all of our ADRs in (there's 6 of us) so we can eat at our favorite places.

Those of you who've done this before - what's your strategy?

Thanks!
For italian options you have Tony's Town Square, and there is also a newer place at DtD right next to Fultons.

Upvote 0

tnemgif

I really like Mama Melrose's in DHS for Italian too. The restaurant is unassuming from the outside, but the food and service were spectacular!

Upvote 0

amykissangel

Original Poster
We've eaten at Tony's, Mama Melrose and the Portobello Yacht Club before - probably should've mentioned that :) Just thought perhaps there were some tasty Italian places at the resorts we maybe hadn't tried?

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Our two visits to Mama Melroses have been less than average. I think you might find some Italian on the menu at The Brown Derby but I'm not positive. Tony's Town square was good.

Upvote 0

piglets mom

Question 2

Do all of your ADRS so you get to eat where you want to. You can always park hop so you can get to your ADR. I start at one park in the morning and sometimes I am eating in a differednt park that night.

Upvote 0
Have you thought of annual passes? A 10 day hopper is probably pretty close to that cost.

Also - at the Swan, there is Il Mulinos. It is the BEST Italian around!

Enjoy,
D

Upvote 0

Vtlsgns2

You may also want to try the Garden Grove Restaurant inside the Swan Hotel. It has a Mediterranean buffet on Thursday night. Check out their menu on the hotel website. We had our wedding reception there, and all our guests loved the food! It is not all Italian, but it is all terriffic. Also, we enjoyed Mama Melrose's inside Hollywood Studios. This is also considered character dining, as Pluto and Goofy will be there.

Upvote 0

amykissangel

Original Poster
Have you thought of annual passes? A 10 day hopper is probably pretty close to that cost.

Also - at the Swan, there is Il Mulinos. It is the BEST Italian around!

Enjoy,
D

Just looked at that menu - sounds DELICIOUS! Wish they had lasagna bolegnese, but no matter - YUM!

Now I just have to figure out how to plan the ADRS without over planning the trip...:cool:

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

The nice think about having the Park Hopper option is that you can plan your ADR's without the constraint of having to figure out which specific park you'll be in on that day.

Good luck.
:)

Upvote 0

amykissangel

Original Poster
The nice think about having the Park Hopper option is that you can plan your ADR's without the constraint of having to figure out which specific park you'll be in on that day.

Good luck.
:)

Thanks for the help :)
We've been doing the ParkHoppers since I've been little. It's just that every year, we have, say, 5 days at the parks. So Day One is MK, and all ADRs will be there. And so on through all the parks, and then the last day is a free-for-all, where we'll end up at Le Cellier for our farewell meal. This year, I want to make ADRs all over the place, and we do have the Park Hoppers, but I don't want to feel like because we paid for that day, we have to be in the parks the whole time. We're park people. If we're there, we're there for 12 hours. (Cuz this is what I feel like. I'm , I know.)

I'll just have to tell myself no matter where we eat, we can still go back to the hotel and relax - we do not have to spend all day at the parks.

We'll see if that works. :shrug:

Upvote 0

dazzle_em55

Take a look at purchasing an annual pass. You also get discounts at many of the stores in WDW.

We upgraded our 10 day park hoppers with no expiration and actually got money back. We also don't feel so guilty this way if we don't spend the entire day in the park.

We are DVC members so there was a discount. We also go at least twice a year so for us it was totally worth it. Depending on when we go down during the holidays, we may even get three trips (or at least part of the third) on the same ticket.

It may be worth taking a look at.

Upvote 0

Tiger45

Look at park hours and try to plan for what parks you want to eat dinner at according to any Extra Magic Hours, then you can decide to hit one park in morning and head to the other park in afternoon and eat dinner at that park, allowing for two parks a day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom