1 Trip - 3 hotels. Am I crazy ?

Lily5170

Hi,

As the title says I’m going to WDW with my son for his 16th from 25th October until 2nd November. It’s our first trip to WDW.

As we live in Belgium and this will probably be our only trip to WDW, we decided to book 3 different hotels as we couldn’t make up our mind.

We’re staying 4 nights in POFQ, 2 nights at the Poly club level and 2 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view.

Are we crazy or is this doable ?

Thanks for your input, help and tips

MickeyLuv'r

We’re staying 4 nights in POFQ, 2 nights at the Poly club level and 2 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view.

Are we crazy or is this doable ?

Thanks for your input, help and tips
We do split stays at WDW all the time! Pretty much, EVERY trip!
They are VERY do-able! Don't be scared.

Now for us, we often - but not always- have a rental car. We typically split our time between WDW, Universal, and offsite hotels.

If you are swapping between WDW hotels, WDW bell services will move your luggage for FREE. the only small catch is that you wont have access to it in the meantime, but that is true everyday at WDW if you are in the parks (you don't get access to stuff that's back in the room.)

Now there is a small chance- on transit day - your 2nd room will be ready before 3pm, but expect your luggage about 3-4pm. About the only time this would matter is if you wanted to swim before 4pm. (If so, maybe wear your suits under your clothes?)

Another inexpensive option is to use a taxi/uber to transfer. Taxis are plentiful at WDW! Last time I transferred between WDW (without a car) on a day when my new room was ready at 8am - I chose this option, and the cost was very low. I think I only paid about $10, but the hotels were close. For POFQ to AKL, I'd expect slightly higher. I thought it was well worth it, and our driver was super helpful and informative!

I'd happily do your combo of Poly CL, POFQ and AKL! Great combo!

The only other big split stay survival tip I always give on the subject is that we pack accordingly. Each adult gets a suitcase for clothes, then we put undies/toiletries/pajamas/swimsuits in a duffle bag. In each hotel- we mostly only unpack the toiletries. EVERY CORD has a designated spot- and We are careful to pack every cord up as soon as we unplug devices in the AM of moving day.

Toiletries are also organized:
1. stuff we use every day (toothpaste, deoderant)
2. stuff we might need ( over-the-counter meds, band aids)

Mostly we live out of suitcases, (as opposed to putting our clothes into drawers). That way we really unpack/repack little more than toothbrushes, bathing suits, and charging cords. We're not crazy organized or anything, but more or less - when moving rooms- everything (like cords) goes back where it came from. It is actually easy, and since we don't want toiletries leaking, it is easy just to put them in the same pocket every time. Before a transit day, maybe lay out tomorrow's clothes for the kids at night?

The only OTHER tiny caveat- is moving perishable food. We try to avoid if we don't have a car/taxi. If you transfer your stuff yourself (taxi)- Bell services has ample fridge space. They will store food in a fridge for you until your new room is ready.

I usually DO pack a small padded (cooler-type) bag in our luggage in case we end up with any food. In a pinch, we just use hotel ice, a few soda cans or water bottles as cold packs. I also always pack Ziploc bags. Both take up very little luggage space.

For us, packing between hotels maybe takes 10minutes. At WDW, check-in only takes about 5minutes- tops. If Poly is $900/night, and POFQ is like $200/night, I'd gladly spend an extra 15mintues to get the room savings and change of scenery! Also, on your CL days, you get lounge access from morning of check-in day - until the end of your check out day, even if your room isn't ready.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lily5170

Original Poster
We do split stays at WDW all the time! Pretty much, EVERY trip!
They are VERY do-able! Don't be scared.

Now for us, we often - but not always- have a rental car. We typically split our time between WDW, Universal, and offsite hotels.

If you are swapping between WDW hotels, WDW bell services will move your luggage for FREE. the only small catch is that you wont have access to it in the meantime, but that is true everyday at WDW if you are in the parks (you don't get access to stuff that's back in the room.)

Now there is a small chance- on transit day - your 2nd room will be ready before 3pm, but expect your luggage about 3-4pm. About the only time this would matter is if you wanted to swim before 4pm. (If so, maybe wear your suits under your clothes?)

Another inexpensive option is to use a taxi/uber to transfer. Taxis are plentiful at WDW! Last time I transferred between WDW (without a car) on a day when my new room was ready at 8am - I chose this option, and the cost was very low. I think I only paid about $10, but the hotels were close. For POFQ to AKL, I'd expect slightly higher. I thought it was well worth it, and our driver was super helpful and informative!

I'd happily do your combo of Poly CL, POFQ and AKL! Great combo!

The only other big split stay survival tip I always give on the subject is that we pack accordingly. Each adult gets a suitcase for clothes, then we put undies/toiletries/pajamas/swimsuits in a duffle bag. In each hotel- we mostly only unpack the toiletries. EVERY CORD has a designated spot- and We are careful to pack every cord up as soon as we unplug devices in the AM of moving day.

Toiletries are also organized:
1. stuff we use every day (toothpaste, deoderant)
2. stuff we might need ( over-the-counter meds, band aids)

Mostly we live out of suitcases, (as opposed to putting our clothes into drawers). That way we really unpack/repack little more than toothbrushes, bathing suits, and charging cords. We're not crazy organized or anything, but more or less - when moving rooms- everything (like cords) goes back where it came from. It is actually easy, and since we don't want toiletries leaking, it is easy just to put them in the same pocket every time. Before a transit day, maybe lay out tomorrow's clothes for the kids at night?

The only OTHER tiny caveat- is moving perishable food. We try to avoid if we don't have a car/taxi. If you transfer your stuff yourself (taxi)- Bell services has ample fridge space. They will store food in a fridge for you until your new room is ready.

I usually DO pack a small padded (cooler-type) bag in our luggage in case we end up with any food. In a pinch, we just use hotel ice, a few soda cans or water bottles as cold packs. I also always pack Ziploc bags. Both take up very little luggage space.

For us, packing between hotels maybe takes 10minutes. At WDW, check-in only takes about 5minutes- tops. If Poly is $900/night, and POFQ is like $200/night, I'd gladly spend an extra 15mintues to get the room savings and change of scenery! Also, on your CL days, you get lounge access from morning of check-in day - until the end of your check out day, even if your room isn't ready.

THANK YOU ! Thank you so much for taking your time to answer with so much detail.

We too will not unpack our bags completely so that should be easy enough. It’s only me and my son (who will be 26) so no need for preparing his stuff. He should be able to do it himself (famous last words).

We really love exploring the hotels. We like the attractions too of course but for us Disney is more about taking our time too take it all in, having a nice meal , just soaking up the atmosphere.

Thank you again you really have helped put my mind at ease and I’m sure our first trip to WDW will be great.

Ann

Upvote 0

MickeyLuv'r

THANK YOU ! Thank you so much for taking your time to answer with so much detail.

You are welcome! You've chosen 3 very fun hotels to explore!

At POR/POFQ, you'll get to explore both hotels, plus you get the boat to Disney Springs. DS has many fun places to explore and eat.

If you wish to buy t-shirts with designs (both Disney and non-Disney) - try Uniqlo. The DS store always has a wide selection of t shirts, wardrobe basics, and travel-friendly clothes at reasonable prices. DS also has a huge selection of higher priced Disney themed - pretty much everything - as well!

We love exploring AKL's art, animals, and enjoy dining there. There's so much to see! The only place we've never dined is Jiko, because we like all the options so much.

At Poly, the CL will likely provide much of your daily food. It is among the best CL's - thus the price. The Poly pool is also super fun!

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

We are doing 3 for the first time, normally we do 2.

Split stay between CSR, OKW, and WL... I've never had an issue with split stays. Drop your bags for transfer with bell services, then head straight to the parks. By the time we're doen in the parks, our new room is ready and bags often beat us there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom