1 Night Onsite - Magic Bands?

Klorhy

Original Poster
(I don't really know where this post goes, sorry!)

Anyway, I don't want people's opinions of only staying onsite one day (haha) but it's what we have decided to do.

I want to stay 1 night at the beginning of our days at Disney - looking at one of the All Star hotels, we're going to Animal Kingdom on 1st day, then staying overnight and will do another park 2nd day. We already have our Disney tickets and FP+ linked to them etc.
I believe we will get MagicBands with the hotel reservation, can I link our existing tickets/FP+ to these?
I know I can't check in until 3pm but we will be going to AK in the morning of the day we want to check in (We will do the park, then come back to the hotel for check-in) but can we get our bands before we check in? Could we get up to our hotel for, say, 8/9am and pick them up there? Then go to AK?

So many questions - I've never stayed onsite before and never used a magic band or any of the new FP..

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You can check in to the resort at any time and pick up your MagicBands before going to AK. The "check in time" of 3 or 4 p.m. is when rooms are ready. Sometimes rooms are available first thing in the morning and then you could drop off your luggage and be on your way!

Depending on your arrival date, your MagicBands may ship directly to your home.

Klorhy

Original Poster
You can check in to the resort at any time and pick up your MagicBands before going to AK. The "check in time" of 3 or 4 p.m. is when rooms are ready. Sometimes rooms are available first thing in the morning and then you could drop off your luggage and be on your way!

Depending on your arrival date, your MagicBands may ship directly to your home.

I'm going 2 weeks today so I highly doubt shipping is an option!

That is great though, I don't mind about luggage as for one night it'll just be a small backpack, just wanted to make sure I could get the bands before AK, not that it was necessary just something bothering me!

Will I get another code with my booking for the hotel to be added to MDE?
I'm booking indirect as prices are half the price there, and my tickets can be added to my magic band from that? (So complicated.. hah)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Nothing is actually stored on your band. The band merely points to your MDE account. Since your tickets are already linked to your account, you are good to go. The CM will scan your band at check in which will allow you to open your room door (when your room is ready) and give you charging privileges, should you want that.

yoyoflamingo

I did this about 2 weeks ago. I had a job interview in the area, so stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a night. Booked my FP+ the night before and brought an old MagicBand just in case. When I got there, I received my new MagicBand (grey of course) and I received the reservation number to link to my MDE account. Concierge can help you if you'd like, but since I was in a rush I used the old Band, then used the new, grey one just to open the hotel room.

As long as you have a reservation number or a number for the Magic Band, you can link, or concierge can help.

Klorhy

Original Poster
Nothing is actually stored on your band. The band merely points to your MDE account. Since your tickets are already linked to your account, you are good to go. The CM will scan your band at check in which will allow you to open your room door (when your room is ready) and give you charging privileges, should you want that.

I did this about 2 weeks ago. I had a job interview in the area, so stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for a night. Booked my FP+ the night before and brought an old MagicBand just in case. When I got there, I received my new MagicBand (grey of course) and I received the reservation number to link to my MDE account. Concierge can help you if you'd like, but since I was in a rush I used the old Band, then used the new, grey one just to open the hotel room.

As long as you have a reservation number or a number for the Magic Band, you can link, or concierge can help.

Thank you both for your help :D Makes much more sense now!

Klorhy

Original Poster
Can I just ask how many digits & the reservation number should be? & whether it's all numbers?
I have a booking reference from the agent (which I know won't be the number for MDE) and then a "hotel voucher number" which is 7 digits, all numbers. Will this be the reservation number? It's not currently working in MDE but could it take 24-48 hrs to work on the site?
Don't want to go calling up if I'm just being impatient hahah.

Rob562

Can I just ask how many digits & the reservation number should be? & whether it's all numbers?
I have a booking reference from the agent (which I know won't be the number for MDE) and then a "hotel voucher number" which is 7 digits, all numbers. Will this be the reservation number? It's not currently working in MDE but could it take 24-48 hrs to work on the site?
Don't want to go calling up if I'm just being impatient hahah.

My Room Only reservation is a 12-digit number. I've seen some package bookings that have a 6- or 7-digit combination of numbers and letters. I suppose it's *possible* that you could have an all-number 7-digit code. Maybe wait a day or two and then try again. Or contact your agent and see if there are any other reference numbers.

-Rob

Klorhy

Original Poster
My Room Only reservation is a 12-digit number. I've seen some package bookings that have a 6- or 7-digit combination of numbers and letters. I suppose it's *possible* that you could have an all-number 7-digit code. Maybe wait a day or two and then try again. Or contact your agent and see if there are any other reference numbers.

-Rob

Hmm - thanks for this. Yeah will give them a day or so before contacting them

Klorhy

Original Poster
On the phone to Thomas Cook, and what a surprise - they haven't a clue what I'm talking about hahah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom