1.5 days at US, which park for the half day?

ReallyBigKid

Original Poster
My girlfriend and I (both in our mid 30's) will be arriving in Orlando at noon on Wednesday May 25th and have never been to Universal Orlando.
Planning on spending the rest of Wednesday and the entire day Thursday.
Trying to avoid buying the parkhopper option, which park would be better suited for the half day US or IOA?

Thanks in advance.

timeman

I would say do Universal Studios for the half day as it will not be as busy as IOA. Most people will be going to IOA so they can go to the Harry Potter section. To give you an example of this I went to Universal the day before New Year's Eve this past December and IOA was packed and they had a huge line of people waiting to get into that park, but at Universal the wait times to get on rides were short and it wasn't as crowded.

If you already have your tickets I would recommend that instead of using the main entrance to Universal where there is always lines to go thru the turnstiles enter thru the entrance next to Blue Man Group. There is never a line there as most people don't realize that you can enter there.

I would also say if you there is a wait for either Men In Black or the Mummy that you think is too long use the single rider line as it will be quicker. I would also recommend that you check out the Monster horror Makeup Show and even Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue as these are both great shows.

JillC LI

I would say that it depends whether you are more interested in rides (including thrill rides) or in show-type attractions. IoA has more of the former, and US has more of the latter (and many are only at certain times of day, so it would be difficult to fit them all in during a half-day if that is your priority). However, now that WWOHP is in IoA, you might have trouble completing that whole park in a half-day too.

Wilt Dasney

I'd say Studios for the half day, but as mentioned, it is dependent on what you enjoy more from a short theme park stay. If you're like most people (rides!!!), then your full day will be better spent at IoA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom