06.04.06 Update

Hello from the Wilderness Lodge.

We are in a great rehabbed woods view room on the fourth floor (4016).

wilderness%20lodge%20-%20room%2003.jpg

wilderness%20lodge%20-%20room%2004.jpg

wilderness%20lodge%20-%20room%2002.jpg

wilderness%20lodge%20-%20room%2001.jpg

We have a great view of the castle, though you can't actually see it in this picture because of the sun.

wilderness%20lodge%20-%20view%20from%204016.jpg

And here is the carpet in the hallway of rehabbed floors.

wilderness%20lodge%20-%20rehab%20hallway%20carpet.jpg

Epcot was really not that busy yesterday and no one noticed my Horizons shirt. :( But there are lots of beautiful topiaries out for Flower & Garden. Maelstrom had a 5 minute wait, Soarin' was 40, The Land was 60, and M:S was 30. There was a short line for SSE. Test Track broke down for a bit while we were on line. In all my years of going to WDW, I never knew there was a bathroom off to the side of the Liberty Inn in America.

kristen%20and%20the%20odyssey.jpg

china%20-%20dragon%20topiary.jpg

kristen%20and%20loveboat%20topiary.jpg

The Village Fry Shoppe is open in Fantasyland but I didn't get a picture. We managed to get a fastpass for Winnie the Pooh on Friday night.

They added new posters to the Print on Demand at the Art of Disney in Downtown Disney; the Wedway and Crystal Palace are the ones I remember. I think I'll get the Wedway one.

I can't think of anything else right now, but I'll try to upload more later.

DisneySam

Great Update!!! I really enjoyed the WL pictures [I love that place!]
Sounds like you are having a great trip! Thanks for the report.

Caseyis8

I loved all of your reports on your vacation. How did your trip end then? Was it a great time had by all? :) I won't get there until Spring, so I will have to keep on reading all of your posts about yours and others trips until I have a trip report of my own to post.:wave:

maelstrom

Original Poster
Highlights of the rest of the trip:

- Getting evacuated off the TTA twice, in the same spot, on Friday and Sunday. We got free fastpasses to use on any ride in the MK. We used them to ride Splash Mountain in the pouring rain on Saturday and Peter Pan on Sunday.

- Test Track was broken down at Epcot first thing in the morning on Sunday.

- I rode Everest on Saturday. OH MY GOD. Scariest ride ever. Much worse than BTMRR. I didn't even see the Yeti because I had my eyes closed so tight during the entire ride. I felt sick when I got off it.

- Saw the brush fire at Epcot. Roads were closed. Could smell smoke everywhere.

- Cool Wash Pizza at Test Track apparently never opens, much to my disappointment.

- Electric Umbrella is getting rehabbed. Much needed.

- Got ice cream at the newly renovated Fountain at the Dolphin. They're getting very trendy over there.

- Ate at Chef Mickey's for dinner on Friday and Sunday. Mickey ravioli is so delicious. Sat at the same table both times and had the same server (she remembered us!). I finally got the red and blue glow drinks. Very fun and tasty.

- Continually bad housekeeping at the WL.

Bad News: Today my kitten fell out of the ceiling (long story) and sprained her shoulder. :(

Caseyis8

Oh, no. I hope that your kitten is okay. :eek: I have never had a cat, my husband is allergic. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip. Now that you said that EE is scary maybe I won't take my son on it in April. He will be nine years old than. I guess we will have to see. Are you planning on going back to Disney anytime soon? Have a great day. :wave:

maelstrom

Original Poster
Caseyis8 said:
Oh, no. I hope that your kitten is okay. :eek: I have never had a cat, my husband is allergic. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip. Now that you said that EE is scary maybe I won't take my son on it in April. He will be nine years old than. I guess we will have to see. Are you planning on going back to Disney anytime soon? Have a great day. :wave:

Chloe should be okay. She's milking this for all it's worth. Thank you.

Does your son like rollercoasters & has he been on a lot before? Has he done RnRC? If he isn't a rollercoaster person I think I might hesitate taking him on. People have said EE is a lot like BTMRR but it's really a lot more intense (backwards, in the dark, what felt like the beginning of a corkscrew backwards in the dark). When I came off, I just felt like my brain had been sloshed around. Not good!

I would like to go in December or January; we'll see!

maelstrom

Original Poster
darrylpan said:
Your pictures of WL are great. I am trying to decide if I want to go there or stay home at POR, for my next trip. Great trip report.

I would recommend WL way over POR. We stayed at POR for Christmas and I wasn't really all that thrilled with it. I mean, it's okay, but WL is better. POR does have a bigger and better food court, however. But WL is all inside which is nice during that lovely Florida rain. WL also has the option of boat transport to the MK, Contemporary, & Fort Wilderness. WL also has bigger rooms and a balcony. But I'm sure you'll be happy whereever you choose to stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom