isnet396

Original Poster
Here's a new idea for an e-ticket ride at MGM

1) IT WON'T REPLACE ANYTHING

2) Since MGM owns all rights to 007, they can make a ride based on it, since its the disney MGM studios...remember?

It can run on the Indy/TT/Dinosaur ride system

Any ideas?

Ian

Chad

James Bond 007: Call of the Highway(this title has changed about 50 times..)

Oh yeah, I posted an idea for this a LONG time ago..It used Test Track type cars, because..well, EVERY 007 movie has a car chase of some sort. It started in a Taxi Car garage, which turns out to be a cover for the spy organization 007 is in, you're informed that you're the lucky vilunteers who are going to be placed in "Dummy" taxi cabs, that are remote controlled, to help spy on an underground nuclear secret smuggling ring. Your Cab is equiped with a laser, and you speed through city streets, through a warehouse where you are 'found out' and shot at, and end in a high speed chase. All over the cars are a certain distance apart from each other, So throught oput the ride, you are chasing the car in fron of you, and that car is chasing the car in front of it..ETC..anyways, the end is highlighted by a fiery explosion where you Blow the car in front of you up, using lots of pyrotechniques, and trick doors (so the people IN the car don't, well, DIE..)
I'm looking for the old script, I had it pretty well planned out.. :)

Rider

I had something worked out for a 007 ride. It used TT tech but was a bit different then Chad's.

I had a few drawings of the layout but never more than that. Expect it to be one of my BIG projects soon. And when I mean big, I mean huge.

isn't there a 007 ride at King's Island? I know there used to be a sim where you were on a motorcycle, it was pretty bad. I don't know if it's still open or not.

isnet396

Original Poster
EA Could be a possible co-sponsor with muliplayer "Agent Under Fire" 360 degree simulators at the end..... I'd like to see some things like the old AM DB-7 and the Lotus that would go through a tunnel surounded by water....like "Atlantis" in the bahamas (I think)...

Ian

Chad

>>I had a few drawings of the layout but never more than that. Expect it to be one of my BIG projects soon. And when I mean big, I mean huge.<<

Bah, Talk is Cheap :)

I couldn't find the script..It was on the old board..and By old board, I mean the OLD board, the REALLY old board..

But here goes, I'll give you the best synopsis I can.

Queue/Preshow/Building Theme

I wanted this ride to be placed in the New York area of MGM, replacing Al's Toy Barn, but extending back much farther..MUCH farther, The entrance road would have to be moved, but other then that, there's nothing behind it..(It would be even better if the entrance was moved and they expand the -Secondary- entrance that's next to the boardwalk, eliminating the ORIGINAL entrance, and leaving room for both 007 and for the Star Wars ride I thought up..Things just work out :) )
The building is a pretty simple theme, a Taxi Dispatch garage. You'd enter, and walk through scenes that would look alot like scenes from the TV show "Taxi" heck, it'd be even better if they could get some original props from the show, and put them in, since this is MGM studios, and all. Throught the queue, there would be posters, and example cabs that show that this company
has more LUXURIOS cabs..convertibles, that is.
Anyways, the line would meander into a mechanic's room..where the Preshow would start. A mechanic would come out..And a voice over the speaker would be heard..

Manager: I'm goin' on home, You go ahead and lock up, ok?

Mechanic:(heavy new york accent) Sure, no prob..See you in the mornin'..

You would hear doors clicking and locking, and the mechanic would walk over to the door you came in, jiggle the handle, and make sure it locked. She'd then head up to the front of the room..

Mechanic: Ok folks, mind If I let you in on a little secret?

The mechanic would open a tool box where a wrench is sticking straight up, he'd pull it, and suddenly, walls in the room would flip over, revealing Guns, computer screens, monitoring devices, and other Spy stuff..The mechanic, who is wearing a jumpsuit with oil stains all over it..Would pull it off, revealing a very Spy-ish suit underneath...

Mechanic:Neat, Huh? (Smirk) Well, I know you probably thought you were here as tourists, huh,? You were just going to see some shows, ride some rides... get sunburnt...Well, My secret is this. We need your help. I work for a..

A large screen that previously had radar-related material bleeping about on it, would fuzz out, and suddenly, 007 would appear on it..

007: Agent 112, good to see you've got some recruits..Have you briefed them?

Mechanic (112): I was just in the process of doing that..Would you like to take over?

007: Of course, you know what a camera hog I am. Hello everyone, I'm James Bond, and we need your help to tie up a few loose ends..This Taxi Garage you're in, has been a front for an International smuggling ring, stealing Military Secrets, and selling them to foreign countries with less then Noble intents...Now, we've been following them for quite sometime, and one car in particular is carrying some very..dangerous secrets..Of course, I can't tell you WHAT they are..but I'm sure you understand their importance. What we need you to do is simple. Our agents have developed a 'Dummy' car that we are going to use to follow the smugglers. Thats were you come in, you're going to be in that car, as our agents control it by remote control from our office. I, on the other hand, will be out on the street, and I'll be following the coordinates you send me until they reach their drop-off point. That way, we can get their associates as well. Killing two birds with one stone is how the saying goes, I believe...And don't worry, Q here has made some lovely toys for yo-"

Q: They are not TOYS! This is a highly sofisticated laser, and we're NOT going to be using it unless the situation calls...." He sighs and shakes his head.."Agent 112, get them into the garage, the cars are waiting, I'm going to try and talk some sense into Bond..Good luck everyone..

The screen goes blank..

112: Well, you heard him..
He'd push some more buttons, and some hidden doors will open, and reveal a rather large garage.....

More to come..Thats just the begining!

isnet396

Original Poster
The taxi entrance area seems somewhat fake...how about a queue area as the outside of MI-6 or whatever it is in the UK, then going through the lobby area (like JIIY) and eventually going through a door laveled "Lab 8-2" (82 for Epcot's opening) there would be CM's routing people around into different "8-2"s for maximum capacity...20-30 people per room....stock it with lots of Q-actually, R-ish, type of stuff....maybe real props...like that telephone booth with the airbag inside...anyone remember that one? lol...anyway, We'd need generation 3 or 4 AA's to do the intro...it would look to fake otherwise...behind those, a reverse-projected HDTV Lab would be used so it didn't feel as cramped as the TT intros...but it would be larger than that...

After The whole intro...btw, there would be other HDTV projections between 112, 007, and Q, making mistakes, blowing things up, etc as the three i just mentioned react to it, duck, etc...then you would be released into the MI-6 Garage, where you would board your Astin Martin V-12 Vanquish
vanquish_2.jpg
...obviously a replica, but it would be enclosed...and maybe for 5-6 people instead of 2...or however many it holds now...and begin going through security, all projected with the same HDTV behind the screens...this would happen in some sort of turntable, like in JII, and you would exit in the street, and start driving normally toward the taxi garage...eventually, your gps would automatically announce that bad guys are on your tail and you speed up...here's the fun part...the car people decide what weapons to "fire" at the cars in front of, behind them....

more later

Chad

The Taxi company made it seem more real to me..after All, it is in NEW YORK part of MGM, NOT the UK..Why would the headquarters be in New York? Plu, The Taxi Company gives it a thicker storyline..Instead of just,"Welcome to our secret headquarters, here's a car, go.." I also wanted 112 to be an ACTUAL CM..Not AA, it'd be even more real that way....

I do like the Idea of Q and Bond blowing things up behind them, though..

The idea with the people firing the weapons seems like it would be hard to do..I was going for a THICKER plot, and less interaction...Your plot seems a bit...Empty..

I'm working on writing the actual ride part of the script now..

Chad

Ok, So, we've gone through the preshow, and have now entered the garage. One thing that seperates THIS ride from Test Track, is the fact that The Loading Bay resembles an Omnimover ride. You'd get on a moving platform, while the cars would be travelling bumper to bumper at a constant speed. There is a reason for this! If you remember when I first mentioned this ride, that the cars all have to be pretty well timed, because each car thinks it's CHASING the car in front of it..The OmniMover-type loading ramp makes it much easier to keep things moving, and keeps timing working. If there is some problem loading before the car leaves the loading area, a CM can press a button, which would signal the car to go to a 'Pit' area, off to the side so the problem can be rectified, and then the car can return to the loading line, without disturbing the flow of the rest of the cars..OK, I know that was confusing, but TRY to envision it..

So..You leave the garage...And enter New York, in a rather bad side of town..Dark and seedy.

007: Bond here, I've got your signal on my screens, I'm on a street running parallel to you..Keep your eyes out for the other car..

You'd weave about around corners, and around buildings, until you reach a straight away, this would alow you to see the car infront of you..

007: There it is! Speed up to follow him! Try not to give yourselves away, though..I'm moving in around him, It looks like he's headed to the Old (Enter Sponser's name here) Warehouse, we'll be able to corner them there!

Your car would accelerate, and go through some sharp hairpin turns as you try to manuever through streets, still catching glimpse of the car ahead..you'd finally see them enter the Warehouse, and you'd follow..The car would, however not be in sight..Whispering would be heard..then the cocking of a gun..Suddenly, AA gunmen would pop up from behind boxes and start shooting at your car! Air jets would make the gun fire land all around you while you floor it! and fly through the rows of boxes, and bust out a back door..You spot the other car again! And off You go at a high speed chase! Flying around corners, weaving through other cars...

007: Ok, try to get them on a straight away, since they're going to run..We're gonna have to play a game of tag..Q? Can you target them?

Q: We're going to give it a try..Try to get them on the interstate, so we can get a clear shot..

007: Interstate? Coming right up..

Suddenly, his car would pop out from an alley (fake of course, but a very Nice car..as usual..Complete with an AA pierce Brosnan sticking his head out the window, and firing at the rear of the car, it would suddenly swerve onto the entrance ramp of the interstate, and you'd follow
(Note: This would be repeated and YOUR car would be fired at as the car behind you approaches ths section..But noises inside the car would block out the sound of the bullets hitting BEHIND your car..)
This part would be a bit like Test Track, meaning that you would SPEED down the rather vacant interstate, swerving around the occasional car..And now and then, your laser would fire, causing an explosion on a telephone pole, or a street sign, but missing the car..

007: He's heading for the the tunnel, get off at the next exit, You're gonna get a CLEAR shot, aim towards the middle of the tunnel..

The ending is VERY confusing, well, not THAT confusing, but the mechanics involved are somewhat complicated, so I'm gonna save it for a different post :)

isnet396

Original Poster
The entrance seems somehwhat "out of focus". The taxi place is where all the bad stuff is going on, right? so why begin there? Use it as a cover up for the MI-6 in NY...

...then have the walls turn around and such...112 should be a CM, I agree with you on that... Another thing, the cars, should not be on a track with real motors...Diesel or electric would be best, but they have to go fast...maybe use overhead fans and fake overpasses to simulate a higher speed. This means the cars must be guided by GPS, which is fine...its already used in Pooh in Tokyo DL. This way, extra "stunts", like 360's and maybe even a jump could be pulled off...

Ian

Chad

it IS a cover up for the Bond organization..It's sort of like a double agent thing going on..MI-6 or whatever its called has set up a base inside of the Taxi garage, becuase they are trying to thwart the smugglers..Do you see what I mean? It's just a thicker story with more 'flavor' to it....

For the cars..The Gps is a good Idea, but I think actual speed would be more fun then 'Simulated' speed...Just use the same Test Track technology here, it would work perfectly.

A Jump would be FUN! but, Disney would never do it, unless it was connected to some sort of track..once the vehicle is air born you have no control over it....And Disney puts safety first and foremost..I don't think it would happen

Rider

Originally posted by Chad
>>I had a few drawings of the layout but never more than that. Expect it to be one of my BIG projects soon. And when I mean big, I mean huge.<<

Bah, Talk is Cheap :)

Its not the first thing I will do.... but I will be working on it.

Sketches, scripts, building plans, vechical designs, etc.

Testtrack321

I bult a versoin of a Bond ride that is based on the chase sequence in TWINE. It's on RCT, but the good one was deleted, so I had to make another one. It is basicly this.....

The Parlament has decided to open the doors to MI-6 in a political move to show their not hididing anything. This rare oppertunity is for a limited time only. As you wonder through the coradors, you'll go past reservations, securtiy scanning (randomly it would go off and then the person and their party could then get a pin/hat and go to the front of the line!), and fianly into a large hallway. It would be the temporary station for the M3 vehicles (Mercury Mass Movment). They would be hybrid flume TT cars. They would rummble past corradors in MI-6 and such. Then where everbody else picks up a tour gude (an MI-6 low ranking officer), you, of course, get 007. He just came back from Spain to retrieve mony for Sir Robert King. As you go past the outside courtyard, you hear a shout by Moneypenny on the on board TV/Audio system. There has been a security brech, stand by for info, Bond then stops the car. Then you see a huge explosion, fire, somke, the works. Parts of the courtyard and falling appart. You hurl past falling statues, fountains, and rocks, up a restricted area, and then fly off the top of the building. That's where you meet with your security breech, and you then chase after them in water, then Bond jumps off your boat as you skidd past the Millennium Dome, then you boat then switches on the on-board TV, to see both live TV coverage (different "channel" per car) and a "Bond Cam". You then go into a small cave and fall down a small flume, and then you watch the rest on the way to the load/unload area. Then it's over. I'll post it up here latter, it's not great, but OK. I'll delete the other rides in the park and keep TWINE. I'll make some improvements.

Originally posted by FantasiaBish
isn't there a 007 ride at King's Island? I know there used to be a sim where you were on a motorcycle, it was pretty bad. I don't know if it's still open or not.

Nope is closed a while ago, replaced with the 7th portal( I think that is the name) anyways, yes the ride was really lame and I did not like it very much.

Personally, rather than a 007 ride I would rather see at DS a 007 Stunt show replace Indy and a new Indy ride be built. This of course is considering Disney doesn't purge them selves of MGM which they may do in the near future anyhow. Just a thought.

Chad

That is the best idea, in my opinion..Although I like my 007 ride, getting an Indy ride over here would be great!

Bairstow

I think you could incorporate James Bond into MGM in a more subtle way. It would be cool if they modified the Great Movie Ride to include the laser scene from "Goldfinger". You know the one. "What, you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!" It would be easy to do, as the characters are just talking, and not moving around at all. Plus, it would be neat to see the laser effect itself "burn" its way across the table. I haven't the foggiest idea where you'd put it, as there's not much fat to cut in the GMR. It would probably fit best in place of Casablanca, or even instead of the first or last sections of Alien.

Rider

If you did it while you still had the "bad driver". He could make some kind of comment supporting Goldfinger ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom