Trip Report “It’s Pinnie the Pooh!!” November 2020 trip

Hi everyone! We got back this past Sunday from our quick trip and it already feels like it was forever ago....too soon to go back? 🤔 All of our pre-trip details are in my pre-trip report...I finally just learned how to post a gif in these reports so you will not find a link to it here 😂 My husband, our 3 year old daughter, and myself were there November 5th through 8th. We stayed at Art of Animation and spent two days in the parks. Lets get this show on the road to find out what rides Ryleigh loved and didn’t love....how were the crowds....did frozen open in time for our Epcot day...was eating hard....and most importantly, did my husband get his 🤬 egg roll???

Thursday, November 5th
We got up around 7:15 which was fun after I didn’t finish packing until after midnight. My own fault I know 🤷🏻‍♀️ Ryleigh was bursting with excitement which only made me more excited. We had breakfast, packed up the car, and was on the road to the airport by 8:20.

A0850506-34B0-4ACD-BA39-4DD307F783AB.jpeg

We got to the airport around 8:45. I learned a week or so before that you can pre-pay for your parking and it gives you a discount. We took our checked bags into the airport to drop off first. There was no issues with a wait or weight. We went back to grab our carry-ons and the stroller from the car and we were on our way to TSA.

0644D774-D33B-4DE4-9269-429784127E46.jpeg

There was no wait and no drills like our 2018 trip. We made it to our gate around 9:20 which gave us about an hour to hang out.

2503DC19-90C1-4D5E-8425-57554E00218F.jpeg

0FA1E640-781E-450E-9F52-4B59CD1943F2.jpeg

1D7D1996-8969-4355-89B3-A492237C1CDF.jpeg

Our flight was right at lunch time but it was too early to do lunch so we opted for a few snacks to hold us over. (spoiler alert - this plan would come back to bite us in the butt a few hours later.) We did a potty trip before we boarded. This is where I played my first round of “Don’t touch that” in the bathroom. We potty trained Ryleigh during quarantine (only took 3 days 😦) so she hasn’t had much experience with public bathrooms yet. I sprayed down the toilet with my travel Lysol, put her travel seat down, and she went. Then it was my turn and she insisted on trying to touch everything. The sounds from our stall were “Don’t touch that!” “Can I touch this” “No that has germs too.” “Can I touch this?” “No....don’t touch the floor!!!” We played this game every bathroom trip during the trip. We started boarding around 10:30 and took off on time at 11. Lesson learned....the $8 Southwest WiFi does not work for streaming. I watched The Notebook from their free movies and Ryleigh watched the new trolls, colored, and looked out the window.
14DF5A1B-FF8C-4491-9A6F-32E6BC3C747D.jpeg

1B7CFDA4-6ED8-4936-AB21-AA47E84D142A.jpeg

18E381B4-2758-4B25-A3A9-681858CFD8F2.jpeg

27629998-ED16-4B22-8355-4447F2F3C81D.jpeg

We landed on time around 1:00. Ryleigh LOVED the landing!

3033E249-45B6-44EC-91AB-693D8CF7E5BB.jpeg

KellBelle

Late but here! I am totally with you on the death buckets.. they are a hard pass from me lol.. Sorry about the dining experience, what a mess! I can't wait to read what Guest Services had to say. Love Ryleigh's Frozen excitement! 😍

MegRuss626

Original Poster
Did the CMs get their wires crossed? Why would you have to wait outside until your order was ready if you have to wait in line again once inside? That makes zero sense. I'm curious about what guest services had to say.

It really did make zero sense and that’s what made me so mad. Disney did so good everywhere with modifications but this one was a mess.
Following along!! Great TR so far!!

Welcome and thanks!

Late but here! I am totally with you on the death buckets.. they are a hard pass from me lol.. Sorry about the dining experience, what a mess! I can't wait to read what Guest Services had to say. Love Ryleigh's Frozen excitement! 😍

I’m late for everything so you’re in good company. Welcome!

MegRuss626

Original Poster
Sorry I’ve been neglecting my TR. I’ve gotten sucked into The Crown on Netflix during my “mommy time” after Ryleigh goes to bed. 👸🏻 On a Disney note, my replacement shirt arrived today!
7538CCB5-94D0-4F40-9E47-1169406ADA24.jpeg

Here’s a close up of the hem where you can really see the blue.
1A58703A-E582-4B37-A820-E09C1EC1B677.jpeg

Still can’t believe my brain didn’t even register not to wash the two together 🤦🏻‍♀️

amjt660

Premium Member
I am very late reading this one but I am enjoying it

Your daughter is adorable!

The 3 min after official opening story - I am sorry about it but I was laughing as I read it - (laughing and crying are very close to each other you know)

The eating is hard at Disney part was just sad - I have always found crowd control at WDW to be lacking compared to DLR in Anaheim.

And the off white/bluish shirt? - I see you have discovered my technique to getting out of doing the laundry at the house of Max!!

If you post again , I will continue to follow

Max

MegRuss626

Original Poster
I am very late reading this one but I am enjoying it

Your daughter is adorable!

The 3 min after official opening story - I am sorry about it but I was laughing as I read it - (laughing and crying are very close to each other you know)

The eating is hard at Disney part was just sad - I have always found crowd control at WDW to be lacking compared to DLR in Anaheim.

And the off white/bluish shirt? - I see you have discovered my technique to getting out of doing the laundry at the house of Max!!

If you post again , I will continue to follow

Max

Thanks for following along! And my husband’s technique was make an absolute mess in the laundry and make more work for me therefore he’s been banned from the laundry room! 😂

MegRuss626

Original Poster
Happy New Year everyone! I promise I’m going to finish this trip report! Things got a little crazy in our world there for a while....the morning after my last post, I woke up with a sinus infection that ended up being.......
8B2F00F7-6585-4678-9B83-B3ED40AEE128.jpeg

And because we thought it was just a sinus infection with no fever and no one was concerned, I spent time around my in-laws that first day for about 2 hours so I managed to take out my husband, Ryleigh, my MIL, my FIL, my SIL, and my nephew 🤦🏻‍♀️😩 I got my positive results on Thanksgiving morning so our families left our dinners on their porches. (Not that I could taste it anyways 👎🏻)
05FF19DF-BB97-4217-B399-D9DA74E1BF28.jpeg

We spent our quarantine decorating for Christmas because what else are you going to do when you’re stuck at home before Christmas 🤷🏻‍♀️ Loved the fireplace in our family room!
0D057E4F-35E3-4288-8593-A8510371609F.jpeg

We all recovered after a few weeks thankfully and Ryleigh got to announce some pretty exciting news....she’s going to be a big cousin times TWO this summer!
42603711-2F0A-4AA0-A3F9-01FD473D2D36.jpeg

Then my sister (the one expecting) found out her husband had been exposed while on a work trip and had started with symptoms right before he started his trip home. I majorly disinfected our house and she moved in for the two weeks before Christmas! So it got a tiny bit hectic around here but hopefully I can start back up when Ryleigh is in bed tonight!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Sounds like despite so many of you getting sick, no one had a serious case - that must have been a relief. And what a great t-shirt to announce the new cousins 😍

arich35

I haven't read anything but the first couple paragraphs, our daughter's name is Ryleigh too!! She will be 2 in late March and we are taking her for the first time in May.

krisri18

Happy New Year everyone! I promise I’m going to finish this trip report! Things got a little crazy in our world there for a while....the morning after my last post, I woke up with a sinus infection that ended up being.......
View attachment 524442

And because we thought it was just a sinus infection with no fever and no one was concerned, I spent time around my in-laws that first day for about 2 hours so I managed to take out my husband, Ryleigh, my MIL, my FIL, my SIL, and my nephew 🤦🏻‍♀️😩 I got my positive results on Thanksgiving morning so our families left our dinners on their porches. (Not that I could taste it anyways 👎🏻)
View attachment 524443

We spent our quarantine decorating for Christmas because what else are you going to do when you’re stuck at home before Christmas 🤷🏻‍♀️ Loved the fireplace in our family room!
View attachment 524444

We all recovered after a few weeks thankfully and Ryleigh got to announce some pretty exciting news....she’s going to be a big cousin times TWO this summer!
View attachment 524445

Then my sister (the one expecting) found out her husband had been exposed while on a work trip and had started with symptoms right before he started his trip home. I majorly disinfected our house and she moved in for the two weeks before Christmas! So it got a tiny bit hectic around here but hopefully I can start back up when Ryleigh is in bed tonight!
Ryleigh's adorable! And I spy @castleboundsupplyco decor! Love your Christmas fireplace!

LisaBelle

I’m very late to your report. Ryleigh is adorable and I am so happy she loved FEA! My family had covid on Thanksgiving, too. We couldn’t taste a thing! Such a weird sensation! That makes no sense to have everyone standing in line for the attractions and the mobile order pick up! Looking forward to the rest of your TR.

MegRuss626

Original Poster
I’m back! I had a super wonderful surprise Magician meet up today! Our local Disney store is one of the ones closing 😢😩😭 So a trip or two was necessary this last week. We arrived at the mall this morning to a HUGE line to get in. While walking towards the end of the line, I recognized some faces in line. I stopped and whispered to my husband “I’m pretty sure I know those people in line. They’re my imaginary friends” (that’s what he refers to the people I talk about from the forums 🤷🏻‍♀️) He told me to go over and say hi but I’m suuuuuper not outgoing. I figured this was a pretty crazy thing to see someone from these forums not in one of the parks so I mustered up my courage and walked over. My super awkward opening line - “Hi, I think I know you from the internet“ 😂🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m glad I did because I got to spend my time waiting in line and shopping in the store with none other than @riverside , @MickeyCB , and her husband!
53626E5B-B938-49C6-BAD8-A57D4DD35CD1.jpeg

It was a great time and it made my last time at our local Disney store not so sad! I figured my meetup was a sign that it was time to dig my notes out and finish this bad boy. Before we begin, let me introduce you to the reason I’ve neglected this site since my last post. Apparently I felt life was a little too boring....meet Rosa!
37F09C07-591D-452C-811B-14E88612BA7C.jpeg

B30B9A15-EBAE-4AEA-9AED-F42AC41F0573.jpeg

Now let’s get back to our wonderful experience at Epcot...

MegRuss626

Original Poster
My last post left off with our “magical” experience at Sunshine Seasons. We decided to make a stop at Guest Services after our experience (and by we I mean my husband because I’m not a confrontational person). A very windy and squinty selfie on the way over.
435AD7F9-B56D-4F32-A092-21D45A30691C.jpeg

Ryleigh and I decided to visit “MouseGear” while we waited. She immediately picked out a Pluto hat that she had to have. After a little while, George joined us. He said his visit didn’t accomplish much. The CMs had very rehearsed responses - basically we made the choice to visit and risk the crowds and new precautions so that was that. He asked if we could switch to MK for the rest of the day because Epcot was far too crowded and our day before hadn’t been as bad. Her response was it was a Saturday so there would be crowds everywhere because that’s just how it was on weekends and we had to stay at Epcot. Glad we got somewhere with that one 😒 We finished our shopping and of course our checkout process had to go “smoothly”. Our first cashier rung everything up but then realized she forgot to ring up a few things. Our new total was way more than it should have been. We realized it was because she didn’t ring up the BOGO 2020 items right. At this point, Ryleigh and I made our exit because 🤦🏻‍♀️ George said another CM had to come over and sort it all out. She did give us a small discount on our items for the confusion so there’s a small silver lining. While he dealt with that, I decided to get us something to help calm the grumpiness from the craziness - a kahlua-tini for George and a lemon strawberry sunset for myself from the Joffre’s cart. Ryleigh enjoyed some chips leftover from our wonderful lunch.
E7ABD3B4-0ACB-45D7-876B-BEB77E960FDD.jpeg

B38CE1BE-255A-40E9-8095-1A8C13501F7B.jpeg

333E47A1-ED5C-4469-8597-3FBCEEE122DF.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom