Tony Perkis

Original Poster

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

KBLovedDisney

EducatedFalseHeterodontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

ppete1975

I think it could be good. The original you got one of three endings depending on what theater you went to. Id like to see them stretch the boundaries here. Maybe at the end its a cliffhanger and you have to go on your phone and pick who you think did it, and in a few months they release the ending on Disney + or something. Actually after saying this, it would make a good Disney + series a good mystery and then at the end they could show different endings and people could vote and they would have a finale. Then season 2 could do the same thing. I think there is a place for an old fashioned mystery show.

smile

THIS IS WAR, PEACOCK!

one of my favs - can quote the whole thing.
not hating this yet because i don't hate the people involved... and it'll never change my love for the orig (kinda like wonka)

Tom P.

I don't see anything in the story that references the original film or suggests that it is a remake of that film. They just refer to it as being a film based on the board game. There isn't even a reference to it being a comedy. Could this be a totally different take on the material, perhaps adapting it as a straight murder mystery drama?

KBLovedDisney

I don't see anything in the story that references the original film or suggests that it is a remake of that film. They just refer to it as being a film based on the board game. There isn't even a reference to it being a comedy. Could this be a totally different take on the material, perhaps adapting it as a straight murder mystery drama?
The original film was based on the board game.

Tom P.

The original film was based on the board game.
Yes, I know. That doesn't mean that the new film has to be a remake of or based on the original film, or even that it has to be a comedy. There are any number of unique stories that could be crafted based on the board game.

Tony Perkis

Original Poster
Yes, I know. That doesn't mean that the new film has to be a remake of or based on the original film, or even that it has to be a comedy. There are any number of unique stories that could be crafted based on the board game.
Well, then it’s just another whodunnit film. Kind of like Rian Johnson’s “Knives Out” coming out soon.

Animaniac93-98

Oh yes, the totally unique and original idea of taking something nostalgic and family friendly and turning it dark and gritty. 🙄

doctornick

Yeah, this. I rather enjoy the previous film, but you can use "Clue" (or "Cluedo" - since this is a British website) as the basis for a film without it being all that similar to the original. That's what I'd hope that it just is a new take on the "source material" and not a remake of the same film.

As an example, the two Jumanji films had a very basic similar premise but wildly different ways of executing the movies.

Tony Perkis

Original Poster
Yeah, this. I rather enjoy the previous film, but you can use "Clue" (or "Cluedo" - since this is a British website) as the basis for a film without it being all that similar to the original. That's what I'd hope that it just is a new take on the "source material" and not a remake of the same film
There’s no reason to tarnish the property with a remake except to take advantage of the intellectual property.

This reeks of the Robocop remake.

Tom P.

There’s no reason to tarnish the property with a remake except to take advantage of the intellectual property.

This reeks of the Robocop remake.
Again, I don't know why anyone thinks this is a remake. There is nothing that has been said about it being a remake. Nothing to indicate that it is tied to the prior movie in any way.

Clue is primarily a board game. The board game had been around for over 40 years when the movie was made. Virtually everyone knows of and has played the board game. I would venture to say that there is a very sizable percentage of the population who does not even know that the film exists.

Making a new movie based on the board game does nothing to tarnish anything, let alone a 34 year old film that is not actually being remade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom