‘Inhumans’ Movie Officially Pulled from Marvel Schedule

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://collider.com/inhumans-movie-release-date-marvel/

Inhumans is officially not happening anytime soon. Last year, rumors hit the web that Marvel Studios was planning to scrap its introduction of the Inhumans to the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. made the superhuman race a critical element of their ongoing story. While the film isn’t officially cancelled for good, Disney has just undated the picture, so it is off the release schedule for now.

The news doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Earlier this month I spoke with MCU chief Kevin Feige in anticipation of Captain America: Civil War and I took the opportunity to get some clarification on the status of their Inhumans movie. Feige told me that while Marvel still plans to make the film, it would most likely shuffle off it’s 2019 release date after some new projects were added to the lineup. And voila! Now it has.

Here’s what Feige said,

"Since we made our initial phase three announcement, we addedSpider-Man, which was a big joyous coup for us. We added Ant-Man and the Wasp, which was a big fun continuation of that story for us. Walt Disney Company has announced an Indiana Jones film for right around that same time. So I think it will shuffle off the current date that it’s on right now. How far down it shuffles, I’m not sure yet."

When Marvel Studios announced their Phase 3 lineup, Inhumans was scheduled to drop between the two halves of Avengers: Infinity War. But, a lot has changed since 2014. First, the inter-studio Spider-Man: Homecoming was added to the line-up, then Captain Marvel shuffled up by a couple months and Inhumans was bumped back in lieu of Ant-Man and The Wasp. Now, the film is off the schedule entirely. At least for the time being. When I spoke with Feige he was insistent that the studio still planned to adapt Inhumans for the big screen, it just “a matter of when.”

Flippin'Flounder

This doesn't really bother me, I just wonder what will be taking its place. The inhumans might be better suited for TV or maybe it will show up as a netflix series.
I'd assume they'd just start phase 4, rather than adding more to phase three. Because of that, I assume it'll be Antman 3, Black Panther 2, or Dr Srange 2.

Launchpad McQuack

I think adding Inhumans into Agents of SHIELD was a mistake from the beginning (at least adding them so prominently). I think that the royal family should have been our introduction to the Inhumans, as opposed to all of the watered down characters we've seen on TV so far.

Phroobar

Aren't the Royal Family kind of silly? You have a guy that doesn't talk except as a super power and he has an antenna on his head. His wife has hair that acts as tentacles. They even have a giant dog! They showed up on Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon series and it just seemed silly.

Launchpad McQuack

Aren't the Royal Family kind of silly? You have a guy that doesn't talk except as a super power and he has an antenna on his head. His wife has hair that acts as tentacles. They even have a giant dog! They showed up on Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon series and it just seemed silly.

This is a universe where characters like Groot and Rocket Raccoon not only exist, but are extremely popular and well received by both fans and critics. There is no reason to this the Inhuman royal family would be too silly.

Phroobar

This is a universe where characters like Groot and Rocket Raccoon not only exist, but are extremely popular and well received by both fans and critics. There is no reason to this the Inhuman royal family would be too silly.
I don't know. I can accept a talking raccoon and his house plant bodyguard over a dude and his dog with tuning forks on their heads.

doctornick

Exactly. A well done presentation of the Inhuman Royal Family would IMHO be a lot of fun.

I agree with concerns about how things are complicated with Inhumans being introduced in AoS, but I think it could be reconciled if the Inhuman Royal Family and their subjects are depicted as having moved Attilan to the blue area of the moon a long time ago, before Afterlife was established and are thus lost to the memory of the Inhumans on Earth.

CaptainAmerica

I don't think the cancellation is because Inhumans are covered in Agents of SHIELD, I think the cancellation is because Agents of SHIELD has jumped the shark and ruined the Inhumans. The entire show is simply not up to the quality standards set by the films, the Netflix series, and even Agent Carter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom