Black Widow moves to 2021

Jedijax719

Black Widow will be available on digital starting August 10 and Blu-ray/DVD on September 14. Here are the extras:

• Bloopers – Take a look at some of the fun mishaps on set with the cast and crew of “Black Widow.”
  • Deleted Scenes:
    • Grocery Shopping – Natasha heads into a grocery store to prepare for her journey through Norway. After a long drive, she arrives at her destination: a mysterious trailer in the middle of nowhere.
    • Bike Chase – Tailed by assailants, Natasha and Yelena speed through the city in order to escape their nemeses.
    • Gulag Fight – Alexei squares up against several enemies and is quickly overpowered. When all hope seems lost, Natasha leaps in to lend a hand in the fight.
    • Smile – The Taskmaster protocol is activated in a tense moment, and an iconic helmet is unveiled.
    • Come After Me – Secretary Ross and Mason discover an important message Natasha left behind.
    • Walk and Talk – Alexei and Melina have a playful exchange. The Taskmaster arrives and faces off with Alexei.
    • Widows in Training – Yelena and Alexei awaken in captivity. Melina hands the Taskmaster vials while the Widows train.
    • Kiss – Alexei and Melina reunite after the action. Natasha grieves over an untimely demise in the brutal aftermath.
    • Ohio – Natasha witnesses the carefree nature of the Ohio suburbs through the neighborhood children.
  • Filmmaker Introduction Featurette – Director Cate Shortland introduces the film and her vision for it.
  • Sisters Gonna Work It Out Featurette – Watch Scarlett and Florence as they train, fight, and bond to become the sister duo in “Black Widow.” Listen as the cast and crew discuss the characters, rigorous training, and building the dynamic between the two fearsome siblings.
  • Go Big If You’re Going Home Featurette – Step back to appreciate the size and scale of “Black Widow”’s solo film. Shot around the world, the film balances family and drama with mind-blowing action. The cast and crew reveal the intricacies of stunts that made the film so action-packed.
So is that the date it will be available on D+ for free with subs? The August release on digital will end all D+ PA purchases dead in its tracks unless it will cost $30 digitally also.

NateD1226

So is that the date it will be available on D+ for free with subs? The August release on digital will end all D+ PA purchases dead in its tracks unless it will cost $30 digitally also.
No, I am pretty sure it doesn’t become free on Disney+ with all those extras till early October. It’s stupid because the movie will be able to rent for even cheaper by October.

erasure fan1

This was an obvious outcome, dumb of them not to have seen this coming.
It's funny how people say things like, Disney has the best lawyers in the world... Then you see a story like this and say, how stupid can they be. I'm guessing this ends up with her getting her cut from the D+ numbers and it never goes to court.

I still think they should have just gone the D+ route from the start. And if she wouldn't agree to D+, you release it in the theater for whatever time was needed. Let her take her percentage of that big fat bunch of nothing, then do a D+ release. Then we wouldn't be so far behind on the release schedule.

erasure fan1

I mean I get it, a contract is a contract - but I still have a hard time feeling bad for anyone who is making millions… and lives in their mansion… and has everything they could ever need financially
Considering Disney could have stuck it to her and just released it in the theater last year. It would have made zero money, she would get nothing, and they would have been free to release on D+ with no obligation to her. And I bet it would have done a lot better on D+ last summer. I know we would have done it.

LSLS

I wish I could get paid as much as she already has for the movie, and be able to afford to sue for even more money 😭

I mean I get it, a contract is a contract - but I still have a hard time feeling bad for anyone who is making millions… and lives in their mansion… and has everything they could ever need financially. 😅

A lot harder to feel for the company that makes 10s of billions. I always hated the same argument people make with athletes.

mf1972

i get a contract is a contract, but i’m not feeling sorry for her either. i think she was already paid $20 million. i’ll have to read more about it, but initially it made her look a bit greedy to me

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I wish I could get paid as much as she already has for the movie, and be able to afford to sue for even more money 😭

I mean I get it, a contract is a contract - but I still have a hard time feeling bad for anyone who is making millions… and lives in their mansion… and has everything they could ever need financially. 😅
she is not suing for more money. she is suing for the money she is rightfully owed in her contract Disney is not paying her what they are obligated to. She was even willing to work with him and negotiate a new deal and they ignored her. now she is rightfully suing their butts.

Last edited:

ElvisMickey

she is not suing for more money. she is suing for the money she is rightfully owed in her contract Disney is not paying her wha they are obligated to. She was even willing to work with him and negotiate a new deal and they ignored her. now she is rightfully suing their butts.
Love how Disney is playing the “COVID” card in their public response to her. How dare she sue them, but it’s OK for Disney to charge regular folks $15 for a cupcake.

waltography

True, but I have a harder time seeing Disney do what it does best by short-shrifting its talent constantly and sitting idly by. Look at their statement:

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 4.55.37 PM.png

Embarrassing on Disney's part.

Quinnmac000

I did say a contract is a contract... I still don't feel bad for her. I have my tiny violin out.

You work overtime yet your boss gaslits you and says here is 2,000 dollars, how dare you ask for money which is owed to you because there is pandemic going on....that 2,000 dollars doesn't equal the amount of time you worked overtime.

If Disney is doing this to big name actors, imagine what they are doing to smaller actors who aren't millionaires.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

No one cares what any of us think, but we are free to share it, just as you share your takes daily.

I believe big name actors are grossly overpaid (speaking as someone in the industry). That also extends to musicians, sports stars, and the like. I find it all gross, and have little sympathy for millionaires wanting more money.

Now, I like Scarlett so don't get me wrong - I don't fault her for doing what she is doing, but still not really... feel that empathetic.
No they are not. They bring in millions and should get paid millions. Doesn't matter if they "need it" or not. stay out of their pockets. You are worth what someone is willing to pay you. she had a signed deal that disney decided to change. she gave them a chance to make it right and they ignored her, now they are really going to pay,. not a good look to have the star of your just released MAJOR MOTION PICTURE SUE THE CRAP OUT OF YOU.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No one cares what any of us think, but we are free to share it, just as you share your takes daily.

I believe big name actors are grossly overpaid (speaking as someone in the industry). That also extends to musicians, sports stars, and the like. I find it all gross, and have little sympathy for millionaires wanting more money.

Now, I like Scarlett so don't get me wrong - I don't fault her for doing what she is doing, but still not really... feel that empathetic.
Disney is gonna lose this one…

they got caught in their own hubris on this. Bad management will do that

Disney Analyst

I've chosen to remove my posts as I really don't need to be involved. My take doesn't matter.

We can talk about my radical ideas regarding billionaires, and millionaires another time.

imthewalrus79

Disney is gonna lose this one…

they got caught in their own hubris on this. Bad management will do that
Assuming this goes to court, I don't know. They are honoring the contract by paying her the cut of box office that both sides agreed to. And Disney sounds like they are including money made from the Disney+ Premiere Access as part of that.

The issue here is that when she signed that contract, she obviously had hopes that the movie would have a box office take comparable to the other Marvel movies. But, then a global pandemic came in and screwed things up. So, after delaying the film for a year, Disney chose to release it to both theaters and Disney+, since theaters still aren't operating like they were pre-Covid. I don't see how they breached her contract. They did release it to theaters and are paying her a cut of the box office. Unless there was some terminology in the contract about a release window where it was exclusive, she's fighting an uphill battle. Even if her team could somehow convince a judge that Disney sabotaged her pay with the dual release, I have a hard time believe that a judge would find that the film would have earned her another $50 million in box office revenue in the current environment. But this is just my opinion.

I think in the end, both sides will settle. But if it does end up making it to trial, I think it will be an interesting trial to follow.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Who knows what's in the contract and what was said or agreed to after the contract? If one doesn't have that information, any judgments are premature.

If Disney's statement is correct, SJ is getting $20M base, and part of the money from theaters and from D+PA.

One issue is if the bonus is based on net or gross. Black Widow is only closing in on profitability this week.

The other issue is the claim that an MCU movie would have made a billion dollars if released exclusively to theaters. Well, yes... absent a pandemic. The Box Office of other tentpoles that have been released during the pandemic makes that claim rather laughable.

And the final issue is the lack of a release in China. Media watchers don't know why Disney couldn't get a China release and neither Disney nor China are speaking. So, without China, you ain't getting a billion dollar Box Office.

This suit may drag out information: the total income from D+PA; and the reason why there was no China release.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom