News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmwade77

I think we are overestimating how much the public cares about face mask policies at this point. You can go most places right now in almost every state without a face mask. Which is likely why they waited this long to modify their policy.
Even out here in California, the businesses that don't enforce mask mandates are doing substantially better than the ones that do in terms of income.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order in April barring businesses from requiring customers to show proof they have been vaccinated against COVID-19.

So I don't believe Disney can ever ask our vaccine status in Florida.

As far as the rest I don't know, but as of today that's how it is in IL and on the 15th it seems many states are going that route as well. We are wide open here in IL starting today and under 1% .
They can if they choose to. The bill bans a business from asking for proof of vaccination in order to gain access. They could legally set the policy to say masks are required for everyone but if you voluntarily show proof of vaccination then you can not wear a mask. Then nobody is required to show proof and nobody is refused service. There are employers in FL right now who have implemented this policy and it’s perfectly legal.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
pivoting back... I can't imagine cms are really going to harass kids to put masks are they? also in case anyone asks my kids are under 2
They won’t ask. Hershey Park went to this policy where only fully vaccinated could drop masks and when my family was there they said at least half the younger kids wore no masks and nobody said anything. I don’t think Disney CMs will be questioning little kids.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They won’t ask. Hershey Park went to this policy where only fully vaccinated could drop masks and when my family was there they said at least half the younger kids wore no masks and nobody said anything. I don’t think Disney CMs will be questioning little kids.
Hershey was embarrassing with this last year...to be fair.
It definitely goes against the brand.
The “brand” is not to get sued.

it’s obvious that they have made the decision to “just go with it”...but it’s still a bit surprising.

ToTBellHop

Hershey was embarrassing with this last year...to be fair.

The “brand” is not to get sued.

it’s obvious that they have made the decision to “just go with it”...but it’s still a bit surprising.
There was always going to be a point when they needed to follow the competitors. I strongly suspect this is going to be timed out to have the East Coast and West Coast have the same Covid policies. It was clear Chapek wanted this ASAP so it is no surprise to me, which is why I kept asserting it would happen “soon”. He’s the CEO and gets what he wants. Gears were moving in the company from the moment he commented to shareholders.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Dumb question. Guests only right?
Yes, although Disney should really consider allowing fully vaccinated CMs to drop their masks too as long as they provide proof of vaccination. It’s a pretty huge incentive and would get a lot of extra CMs who otherwise may not get vaccinated right away to go in. Win/win if you can help keep everyone safe and also sell it as being a good corporate citizen.

ToTBellHop

Yes, although Disney should really consider allowing fully vaccinated CMs to drop their masks too as long as they provide proof of vaccination. It’s a pretty huge incentive and would get a lot of extra CMs who otherwise may not get vaccinated right away to go in. Win/win if you can help keep everyone safe and also sell it as being a good corporate citizen.
They will once the union allows it.

gerarar

Premium Member
Was just at Busch Garden Williamsburg (BGW) today and while in line some people behind me were talking about how Disney is still the only theme park(s) left requiring masks (indoors). I chuckled at the comments and continued my way to the rollercoaster.

Just got home and saw the news about WDW, and glad to see it! It was nice to spend the entire day without having to deal with wearing masks in certain places in a theme park. My entire group are vaccinated so we followed the rules saying masks weren’t required for us folks.

Hopefully this makes the days at Disney World even better/fun for those there, as have I at BGW.
Also to note, it’s been about a decade since I’ve last been here in BGW and wow the theming is actually decent and nice. So cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom