Disney After Hours BOO BASH

CJR

So - this is the same thing as last year, that was during regular hours, but this year, it's at night, for an extra cost, and they give you candy.

Goodness, Disney.

Gillyanne

It took me a while to get through this thread this morning (darn work getting in the way) I selected some things to quote, so may as well put my responses:

As silly as it may sound, I was excited for the 25th merch. We're going in October for our 25th wedding anniversary. It would have been kinda cool.

I don't find it silly at all. My Dad and Step Mom's anniversary lines up with Food and Wine. They have definitely gotten 20th and 25th merch as their anniversary presents. Though the way this is being advertised, not sure they'll try to re-use (if you can call it that, since the merch it was used on last year didn't make it to a party) the 25th for it.

How many trick or treat age kids are going to be able to handle waiting until 9pm (9:30 pm select nights) to start trick or treating? Also, it takes an hour to clear the park of Normies, so my bet is the calvalcades won’t start until 10pm. This event is is being marketed to families but is way too late for most.

My niece (5 now, 6 in a few months) could be hit or miss. Last regular MNSSHP (so she was 4) she didn't conk out until I was watching the last Spooktacular show at midnight; She's getting older and is liking rides more. If the price is right I may do this for her to get a better opportunity to get the rides we usually have to skip due to waits, but I'm not expecting that. We already have APs, if it was in place of buying day ticket it would be more likely. But as it is now, definitely not a whole family outing. Mom and Step dad prefer the entertainment, so w/o it they're not interested.

How many of you are buying 12-oz "pounds" of coffee? Raise your hands...

Shrinkflation, coffee, cookies, ice cream, Cadbury eggs... WDW

LSLS

So has anyone started guessing the cost? Let's see, we get different colored lights, some candy, and the chance to purchase different food items from normal. I'm guessing $75.

ToTBellHop

I'm guessing mask mandates will be modified between now and then. But they're stating the rules based on current guidelines. The fact that they didn't announced a Very Merry Christmas Party "Light" in conjunction with this, tells me they haven't ruled out running that as normal.
They have if they decide to run special 50th fireworks. Today’s announcement suggests they would want the special fireworks nightly, preventing anything more than After Hours through April 2023.

Chip Chipperson

People might not like it, but if they run this same type of event with a Christmas theme in December then I'm in. I enjoy the shorter wait times for rides at the holiday parties more than the entertainment, anyway - although the last MNSSHP I attended in 2018 did seem more crowded than previous years. If the net effect of this is that fewer people see the value in it and they don't sell out then I think I'll enjoy a Christmas version of this. The on thing I'll miss if fireworks don't return for these events is riding Big Thunder or the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train during the fireworks. I like that more than standing in a sea of people in front of the castle. And maybe this is a sign that other events (like DVC Moonlight magic and VIPassholder nights) could return in 2022.

djkidkaz

I think if were being honest, the Halloween / Christmas parties were WAY oversold and made for a pretty miserable experience. Everything was timed out so you spent a majority of your time on Main Street watching the castle show, then the parade, then the fireworks. If you were lucky you had time to meet one "special" character that wouldn't normally be out. The lines for candy / cookies & hot cocoa were always atrocious. It feels like now people are praising those parties and all they offered which makes this new offering sound bad. But in actuality, regardless of how much extra stuff you might have gotten for your money, it was negated by the 40,000 tickets they sold.

drizgirl

I think if were being honest, the Halloween / Christmas parties were WAY oversold and made for a pretty miserable experience. Everything was timed out so you spent a majority of your time on Main Street watching the castle show, then the parade, then the fireworks. If you were lucky you had time to meet one "special" character that wouldn't normally be out. The lines for candy / cookies & hot cocoa were always atrocious. It feels like now people are praising those parties and all they offered which makes this new offering sound bad. But in actuality, regardless of how much extra stuff you might have gotten for your money, it was negated by the 40,000 tickets they sold.
As long as they continued selling that many tickets, Disney considered it a rousing success.

Touchdown

1. I usually only had to devote a little over 2 hours to see all three shows in the middle of the party. I would then always return for the midnight castle stage show. Perfectly reasonable when we are talking about 3 10-20 min shows.

2. The character lines were atrocious no disagreement there.

3. I never had a long wait for the free snacks, but I also would usually wait to get most of them post fireworks.

4. I have done the parties many times where by forgoing characters (and using the 3 FPs wisely) I could do every attraction in the MK I wanted to ride on during the party night, and still see the shows.

Were they a steal? No but I always thought they were worth the price.

BaconPancakes

I’ve been to three mnsshp’s and have never had a miserable experience, quite the opposite actually. We were able to do all of the attractions and see the castle show, fireworks, and parade. I will be booking this event as soon as tickets are released. Take my money Disney! 🎃👻

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I’ve been to three mnsshp’s and have never had a miserable experience, quite the opposite actually. We were able to do all of the attractions and see the castle show, fireworks, and parade. I will be booking this event as soon as tickets are released. Take my money Disney! 🎃👻
Same! Depending on dates I might go twice if it aligns with my vacation. I love the popcorn buckets, and since it’s near my anniversary and birthday I always got extra candy from the CM, which always made me smile, even if the tickets were expensive. I am looking forward to it!

BaconPancakes

Same! Depending on dates I might go twice if it aligns with my vacation. I love the popcorn buckets, and since it’s near my anniversary and birthday I always got extra candy from the CM, which always made me smile, even if the tickets were expensive. I am looking forward to it!
We always get sooo much candy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom