Disney After Hours BOO BASH

pdude81

With the way this is stated do you think it’s safe to assume that the first one will be on August 10th? We have a trip scheduled to end on the 9th but I may shift it back a couple days for this.
Yes, I'd expect if they say it starts on 8/10 then it will begin that night. They used to have MNSSHP on Tuesdays as well, so that lines up with what is expected. And by selling to hotel guests first, they can resell those nights to people who probably already paid for a park ticket that day. Genius really

TTA94

Maybe we’ll get a mixture of After Hour events, Boo Bash and some other type After Hours event that includes HEA lol.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
That makes no difference, literally. The DVC units at WDW still have and will have close to 100% occupancy rates regardless of one contract.

If you are selling during a pandemic because the party announcement isn't what you want it to be, you probably shouldn't have bought into DVC to begin with.
Na that’s not the issue....it’s the Disney experience trend

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I totally get folks being upset about price gouging. I did want to offer up that in my mind the hard ticket parties are fun and the after hours events are enjoyable as well. They aren’t the same and I think that gets lost on some people. This is being marketed as an after hours event. We have done both. It is themed and has a seasonal feel but is almost as much of an offering for park commandos looking to maximize rides as it is a themed event. MVMCP is an event the wife and I love. Two things I love Disney and Christmas. I don’t ride a fraction of the rides I do at an after hours event. Kids could take or leave that. They enjoy the after hours parties but don’t listen to the DJ or watch the Villains After Dark show. They just ride over and over again. Two good, bit different experiences. Don’t get me wrong I think Disney will milk this for all it’s worth, but there should be some expectation management.

Lil Copter Cap

I think Martin hit the nail on the head when speaking about expectations. TWDC never promised a return of MNSSHP this year (and if we want to be more specific, ever). I'm not saying I agree with this decision. But it just feels like, time and time again, individuals are upset at self-made expectations from the company. (And, yes, you can be upset with their decisions or lack thereof.)

The company has said nothing about fireworks returning, nothing about live entertainment (beyond what has been announced), and nothing about MNSSHP.

As a local, I don't plan on attending any of the After Hours events or specialize holiday parties. Pre-pandemic, I have taken part in Moonlight Magic for DVC, which wasn't an additional price at the time.

I acknowledge this is the bare minimum from Disney and comparing it to years past or theme park competitor events isn't helpful.

There's also time for things to shift and change.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think Martin hit the nail on the head when speaking about expectations. TWDC never promised a return of MNSSHP this year (and if we want to be more specific, ever). I'm not saying I agree with this decision. But it just feels like, time and time again, individuals are upset at self-made expectations from the company. (And, yes, you can be upset with their decisions or lack thereof.)

The company has said nothing about fireworks returning, nothing about live entertainment (beyond what has been announced), and nothing about MNSSHP.

As a local, I don't plan on attending any of the After Hours events or specialize holiday parties. Pre-pandemic, I have taken part in Moonlight Magic for DVC, which wasn't an additional price at the time.

I acknowledge this is the bare minimum from Disney and comparing it to years past or theme park competitor events isn't helpful.

I don’t disagree necessarily...

... but I mentioned upthread how objectivity -
Particularly commenting on pricing and values -
Doesn’t go well with a nametag.

you might have used “the company” just a tad too much...

TTA94

Honestly I wouldn’t mind if they do away with Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and switch to Boo Bash permanently…. as long as no cuts are made and it’s only a name change.

Touchdown

Other parties (Universal) have already announced their events are returning. I strongly disagree, this is Disney being cheap. Let’s also not forget Disney has already announced an event which will run at its full capacity this fall (F&W.). The only way this decision is redeemable is if they announce an amazing 50th MK night entertainment package, then I would see why they would want the run those every night, especially in the first month of the promotion. Otherwise this is another declining by degrees.

RSoxNo1

I'm guessing mask mandates will be modified between now and then. But they're stating the rules based on current guidelines. The fact that they didn't announced a Very Merry Christmas Party "Light" in conjunction with this, tells me they haven't ruled out running that as normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom