Gran Fiesta Tour - New Animatronics

HauntedMansion513

Really sad to see these animatronics not returned yet. I sure hope this isn't their final solution for this. Actually worse than Universal and much worse than the original incarnation of this ride!
I must've missed the ride at Universal that looks like it themed with decorations from Party City... I'll check it out next time I'm there though!

Sir_Cliff

I was okay with this if it was going to be just a couple weeks. But at this point… they should have quickly installed the screen and projector again until they could fix the AAs.

I guess if they did that they may have never installed the AAs again, so at least we know they can’t keep it like this forever…
I'm more of a mind that it could have been acceptable if we were talking of a matter of days rather than weeks, let alone months. That is incredibly embarrassing.

Naplesgolfer

I'm more of a mind that it could have been acceptable if we were talking of a matter of days rather than weeks, let alone months. That is incredibly embarrassing.
Didn't Disney close/sell off MAPO to a outside company and then contract with them for animatronic work a few years back? This could be the source of the slow response. Disney is so foolish to let these core functions leave the company. Management is losing the institutional knowledge of how to run a theme park. ( at least at 1990 levels)

TikibirdLand

Didn't Disney close/sell off MAPO to a outside company and then contract with them for animatronic work a few years back? This could be the source of the slow response. Disney is so foolish to let these core functions leave the company. Management is losing the institutional knowledge of how to run a theme park. ( at least at 1990 levels)
Yeah, Garner Holt has been doing the majority of AAs for Disney since at least 2012. In fact, Bob Gurr claims that GH inherited the designs of all of the historic Disney AA tooling. Whenever this stupid epidemic is over, I want to make it out to their facilities. Lots of fascinating videos online.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Let’s not let the reopening of Lion King overshadow issues like this happening at Epcot! Thread bump c:

Naplesgolfer

Disney can do it in house. Central shops has a large animation shop. Most new builds are handled in house by WDI as well. Garner holt is used for manufacturing and maintaining parts inventory.
Why the long lead time to have Donald repaired? They haven't been in place nearly as long as other animatronics that seem to be repaired in place in a reasonable amount of time. Just trying to understand why they would want to operate this way.

Movielover

Have you seen F&F? Party City could have done a better job!

You are confusing lazy with cheap. There is nothing cheap about the Fast and the Furious: Superlame. Everything with that attraction besides the line is just lazy. I'd argue its actually closer to modern day Disney than Universal...

Gran Fiesta Tour's lack of a current finale is cheap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom