News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And your point? Again if you fear your kids getting Covid then don’t take them to Disney? But honestly it doesn’t affect them like it does adults. But we get it we’re following the “science”

HarperRose

This is ridiculous. Have we all forgotten that these vaccines are still classified as experimental? It needs to be a measured decision for people. The adverse side effects are real. Here in Los Angeles County, more than 277,000 people have not returned for their second dose, and the county public health director speculates that they were turned off by the side effects they got from the first dose. My sister told me the other day "I'm in so much pain" after she got her second dose. My dad, my wife, my in laws... Everyone I know that got it has had considerable side effects. Does that mean you shouldn't take it? Each person needs to decide if it's worth it to them, but telling everyone they need to have it to have their freedom back is insanity.
The extremely minor side effects are nothing compared to getting covid. When did we turn into a bunch of wusses?

jaklgreen

What is the point that you flip the switch? Why should vaccinated people continue to wear a mask? The likelihood of a vaccinated person contracting and spreading Covid-19 is very small. Today 82.8% of US adults 65 years or older have had a single dose. 69.7% have had both doses. Vaccines for people aged 18-64 are now at 56.3% and 40.6% respectfully. At this point, the most vulnerable group has been vaccinated or already had Covid.

Again why should vaccinated people continue to wear masks? Why do vaccinated people need to be uncomfortable, hot, and have difficulty breathing? Just because half the country is below freezing in the winter, we don't make Florida residents wear a parka and snow pants. I know, bad analogy. But it sort of makes the point.
Because of human stupidity. You know darn well that if they say the vaccinated people can stop wearing a mask then the unvaccinated will have a hissy fit about it. They will lie, saying they got the vaccine and cause a stink. And how is anyone going to monitor which people actually did get the vaccine and who is lying? This falls under the category or "this is why we can't have nice things". People are untrustworthy, lying pieces of dirt. And your analogy makes zero sense.

Tom P.

Because of human stupidity. You know darn well that if they say the vaccinated people can stop wearing a mask then the unvaccinated will have a hissy fit about it. They will lie, saying they got the vaccine and cause a stink. And how is anyone going to monitor which people actually did get the vaccine and who is lying? This falls under the category or "this is why we can't have nice things". People are untrustworthy, lying pieces of dirt. And your analogy makes zero sense.
Again, as I've argued before, if policymaking is going to be premised on "human stupidity" and "people are untrustworthy, lying pieces of dirt," then you may as well pack up the country, turn off the lights, and call it a day, because our entire system is based on the entirely opposite philosophy.

jaklgreen

Again, as I've argued before, if policymaking is going to be premised on "human stupidity" and "people are untrustworthy, lying pieces of dirt," then you may as well pack up the country, turn off the lights, and call it a day, because our entire system is based on the entirely opposite philosophy.
Policy making for everyone is an entirely different thing then what we are talking about. Saying that the rules are different if you get a shot, is not going to go over well. That is why they are doing all or nothing. There would be no effective way to monitor who is vaccinated, and so could live by one set of rules, and who isn't. You do see the difference don't you?

Kevin_W

The type of UV light required to kill the virus is extraordinarily dangerous to humans.

Perhaps not. 254nm UV-C light is the traditional germicidal lamp used for disinfection and it is very harmful to humans. But there has been research in past years into 222nm "far UV-C" light which seems to pretty safe for humans and pretty effective at eradicating germs. The main problem is that it is far more expensive than the 254nm mercury lamps.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Perhaps not. 254nm EV-C light is the traditional germicidal lamp used for disinfection and it is very harmful to humans. But there has been research in past years into 222nm "far UV-C" light which seems to pretty safe for humans and pretty effective at eradicating germs. The main problem is that it is far more expensive than the 254nm mercury lamps.
Ahhh...from the discussions happening here earlier in the pandemic, I wasn't aware those existed at all. The focus seemed to be primarily on the harmful ones from the studies with the virus that were being posted.

Mr. Moderate

The extremely minor side effects are nothing compared to getting covid. When did we turn into a bunch of wusses?
I got Covid back in April 2020 and it was from the hospital I work in and I’m pretty sure of it. I was sick for three weeks and I do mean I was sick. Even weeks after when I went back to work I was weakened and would get winded very easily. I too took the Covid vaccine back in January and I had mild side effects each time, but I know one thing those side effects were very tame and manageable compared to getting Covid. On that day when I was officially diagnosed, I really thought that was it and tried to mentally prepare myself that I might not make it back from this. It took a couple weeks and I got better, but I don’t wish that on anyone.

Please anyone here reading this and if you’re on the fence about getting the vaccine, don’t hesitate and trust science on this. I’m glad I took it and it’s time we Americans got back to the people that we used to be in times of crisis and adversity. I was just a little kid in 1969 when American science and know how put a man on the moon and brought them back safely and I feel that same spirit can help us get through this pandemic.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Bill in Atlanta

Being in the sun does nothing to kill, slow, or stop the spread of Covid.

Sunlight severely damages SARS-CoV-2

https://academic.oup.com/jid/article/222/2/214/5841129

The present study is the first to demonstrate that UVB levels representative of natural sunlight rapidly inactivate SARS-CoV-2 on surfaces, specifically virus dried on stainless steel coupons. The results also show that the inactivation rate is dependent on both the intensity of simulated sunlight and the matrix in which the virus is suspended. Under levels of simulated sunlight representative of midday on the summer solstice at 40°N latitude, 90% of infectious virus is inactivated every 6.8 minutes in simulated saliva dried on a surface. For simulated sunlight representative of the winter solstice at 40°N latitude, 90% of infectious virus is inactivated every 14.3 minutes in simulated saliva dried on a surface. These findings suggest that the potential for fomite transmission may be significantly reduced in outdoor environments exposed to direct sunlight relative to indoor environments. Additionally, these data provide evidence that natural sunlight may be effective as a disinfectant for contaminated nonporous materials.

Archie123

Science doesn't seem to be settled on that....

So far the leading scientists and epidemiologists all believe that the sun does nothing to covid. It would be great if it does but seeing how the transmission and death rates last year worldwide during the summer didn’t go down dramatically I won‘t hold my breath.

Chi84

Premium Member
So far the leading scientists and epidemiologists all believe that the sun does nothing to covid. It would be great if it does but seeing how the transmission and death rates last year worldwide during the summer didn’t go down dramatically I won‘t hold my breath.
Maybe that’s because COVID is primarily transmitted indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom