News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Old Mouseketeer

The fact that we as informed fans with insider information can’t figure out what exactly this is thing is supposed to be means that TWDC is going to have a massive issue marketing and providing an experience that meets the expectations of the target audience.

I predict there’s going to be lots of test and adjust and teething pains in the first few months of operation until it finds its groove. Maybe even some significant adjustments to concept and infrastructure.

I think that’s a pretty big issue, considering where it’s located. Perhaps this would have played better on the west coast?

Well, let's hope they learned something from Galaxy's Edge. Supposedly the interactive game in DL's Frontierland was a test run for interactivity in the parks. But what we have seen in SWGE falls far short. The Star Wars Hotel Experience had better be worth the high price or they'll never hear the end of it (Light Tragic, anyone?)

GimpYancIent

ffs... do you not think there is any Cm access ways anywhere? If someone is having a medical situation there is cast around to assist.

Whats next.... how will they avoid breaking immersion when the fire alarm goes off?

You guys are just digging and digging trying to tear this down for no reason.
Details. If its going to be done right attention must be paid to the details. If there is going to be quality attention must be paid to the details.

GimpYancIent

Well, let's hope they learned something from Galaxy's Edge. Supposedly the interactive game in DL's Frontierland was a test run for interactivity in the parks. But what we have seen in SWGE falls far short. The Star Wars Hotel Experience had better be worth the high price or they'll never hear the end of it (Light Tragic, anyone?)
I believe it has been hit on multiple times, but, it would be better if "Hotel" was totally eliminated (as in erased) from all marketing. "Cruise" would do nicely in its place.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I believe it has been hit on multiple times, but, it would be better if "Hotel" was totally eliminated (as in erased) from all marketing. "Cruise" would do nicely in its place.

Well great news! Disney doesn't use 'hotel' in the marketing - this is again outsiders making up bad stuff.

Disney uses language like "This new two-day and two-night vacation is an all-immersive experience that will take you to a galaxy far, far away in a way that only Disney could create"

"This is a new type of immersive vacation that only Disney could create – a two-night, cruise-style itinerary where you’ll become the hero of your own adventure in an experience that surrounds you 24/7 in Star Wars storytelling."

"A 2-Night, All-Immersive Adventure"

Stop making up concerns that don't match reality

flynnibus

Premium Member
Details. If its going to be done right attention must be paid to the details. If there is going to be quality attention must be paid to the details.

Remind me again what the details are you are referring to when people get Evac'd off a ride? Or a fire alarm goes off in a hotel?

GimpYancIent

Well great news! Disney doesn't use 'hotel' in the marketing - this is again outsiders making up bad stuff.

Disney uses language like "This new two-day and two-night vacation is an all-immersive experience that will take you to a galaxy far, far away in a way that only Disney could create"

"This is a new type of immersive vacation that only Disney could create – a two-night, cruise-style itinerary where you’ll become the hero of your own adventure in an experience that surrounds you 24/7 in Star Wars storytelling."

"A 2-Night, All-Immersive Adventure"

Stop making up concerns that don't match reality
I have made nothing up. The "H" word is not promoted by me. You need to stop the spin. May the force be with you!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How long before they start marketing a mystery Halloween cruise?
The problem with a spooky cruise (or fan-rumored spooky Haunted Mansion hotel) is people who become genuinely spooked and want to opt out. A good number of people really do believe in ghosts. Even though the hotel/cruise spookiness is clearly special FX, it will trigger some people. Especially children and youths, and even a good number of adults.

Can't get off a cruise until the next time it docks. People can pack up and leave a hotel in the middle of the night, but they'll want a refund, which Disney wouldn't want to deal with.

A spooky theme park ride can freak some people out, but, it's over in 5 minutes.

Bringing this back to the SW "hotel," we've already seen people imagining themselves ditching the main purpose of the event and wanting to chill by a pool or run over to the MK. Imagine how many more people would be looking to opt out of 'the spookiness' of a cruise or hotel when they can't do so immediately or only at a great cost... and freaking out the whole time.

corran horn

Given that we have seen some replication in experiences across properties I wonder how much the bar in the Wish and the kid activities below will be integrated into the Halcyon...

Patcheslee

As far as, how do you keep people from booking it thinking it is a standard hotel? The URL for the Star Cruiser is listed under Destinations. So it will be treated like others in that sub category - Water Parks, NBA Experience etc. It will not come up when searching for hotels, and will not come up if you do a search for availability on the dates you want to book a vacation.
From the rumored prices, I'd assume someone looking for a hotel would seriously question what they're getting vs it's value prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom