Space Mountain vs Splash Mountain

Better ride?

• Total voters

Rich T

Space Mtn. Is a brilliant, near-perfect, wonderful ride.

Splash Mtn. at DL is clunky, poorly paced and, with its current logs, a drench-a-thon. No thank you. Great soundtrack.

I vote for Space over Splash. Maybe Frog Mtn. will fix the problems the flume and its logs have had since before Splash opened, but I’m not holding my breath.

Last edited:

DLR92

While I find Space Mountian fun. But I wish they could update the space part by replacing the disco ball with some actual “floating lights” to make look like were in space a little more realistic. lol

Splash Mountian is the perfect fume ride. And the storyline and lacing I find so engaging. This attraction has the classic nostalgia feel for an amusement park. For that reason I voted for Splash Mountian.

91JLovesDisney

While I find Space Mountian fun. But I wish they could update the space part by replacing the disco ball with some actual “floating lights” to make look like were in space a little more realistic. lol

Splash Mountian is the perfect fume ride. And the storyline and lacing I find so engaging. This attraction has the classic nostalgia feel for an amusement park. For that reason I voted for Splash Mountian.
Splash makes you feel like you’re a part of a story.

CaptinEO

Hot take: Florida's Space Mountain might be genuinely underrated and receives a hugely disproportionate amount of hate.

Quite a lot of which either boils down to a) it's not Disneyland's and so therefore it is automatically wrong/bad, b) unlike a lot of the other coasters Disney has built, this feels like an actual roller coaster and I don't like that, or c) all of the above.

I still like Disneyland's better, but it's not like Florida's is junk.
I totally agree. People seem to think Disneyland's is better cause it's cleaner and more modern. I feel Disneyland's has no personality. I hope they don't make Florida's boring as well.

Their track is so much fun too.

chriskbrown

WDW Splash over Space - Splash is hard to maintain but it is a brilliant ride taking the flume ride into a whole different place. Been rising Space mountain in WDW since 77 and will ride it every time I enter MK but I am sad to lose Splash as-is but hopeful it will we really well .
done.

DL - not even close. Space is a great ride. Last time we got stuck on Space - the difference in scale between DL Space and WDW was amazing. WDW Space is just huge compared once you get to see the inside with the lights on. But Space at DL is a great ride. Sorry, Splash is well a let down if you call WDW home.

But I don't want WDW to get DL space. Not sure it is feasible frankly without a significant re-working.

ppet

Splash is by far the better ride, Space is a lame, rough, boring coaster that is definitely in the one and done category for me. Even with that statement I have ridden it more than once. The most enjoyable time was when the lights came on half way thru.

91JLovesDisney

But I don't want WDW to get DL space. Not sure it is feasible frankly without a significant re-working.
I hope that will never happen. I'm scared that after this alleged 'Space Mountain movie' (which probably won't happen) they're going to do something to WDW's.. I'm not saying WDW's isn't in need of a refurb, but honestly I love it as it is. I love the retro-computer vibes.

chriskbrown

I hope that will never happen. I'm scared that after this alleged 'Space Mountain movie' (which probably won't happen) they're going to do something to WDW's.. I'm not saying WDW's isn't in need of a refurb, but honestly I love it as it is. I love the retro-computer vibes.
I watched a video stream on DL and they walked through Space mountain. My middle daughter needs a wheelchair at the parks so we do not enter Space Mountain at DL via the front. The video reminded how different the rides are. WDW Space has this long immersive queue, totally unique at the time. It's part of the ride - but pushing a wheel chair up the incline is no joke.

chriskbrown

And with someone in the chair it's even worse.
WDW went to a single onsite approved vendor for mobility needs. Worse chair EVER. Literally a piece of junk. I rented it for a few days ans scrapped it. This was during the panademic shutdown - the company had wheelchairs literally everywhere. I had no clue how they were managing their stock.

And yes it's a real workout

truecoat

WDW went to a single onsite approved vendor for mobility needs. Worse chair EVER. Literally a piece of junk. I rented it for a few days ans scrapped it. This was during the panademic shutdown - the company had wheelchairs literally everywhere. I had no clue how they were managing their stock.

And yes it's a real workout

As someone who used to work in the industry, 8 or so rentals at WDW prices and the chair is paid for.

chriskbrown

As someone who used to work in the industry, 8 or so rentals at WDW prices and the chair is paid for.
I was blown away at had bad the chair was but moreover when I went for a run there were wheelchairs literally in places that were way out of sight. The inventory process was just out of control. So I expect you are more than right. Went with another offsite company and it was so much better. Yet Space Mountain remains a challenge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom