Why couldn't they. . . ?

MaryJaneP

This article was a good explanation for me. Basically an exemption for cruises to nowhere might be possible, but it seems more likely that ships would stop at a "private island." Or perhaps ports in countries like Mexico, which have not really closed to tourists?

I will be interested to see how the vaccine rollout impacts the return to cruising and whether cruise lines choose to require vaccinations. There has been a lot of speculation. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/cor...0210225-4adg5n4f6fc7pgypzx7f2tr4k4-story.html
One of the many possible understandings of the original question, which unlike the actual cruise (meaning ship departure and re-docking) to nowhere, was to keep the ship physically tied up to the dock the entire time. The question posed in our previous post was whether a wand could be magically waved over the ship to change it, like from a pumpkin into a carriage, and avoid the hassles raised by actually fueling, untying, departing port, cruising to nowhere, re-entering port, tying up again, repeat. Thanks for the travel article, again, it posits actually leaving the port. The orlando sentinel article was unreachable as behind a pay wall, so it was not read.

EOD K9

My sarcasm font is on!
I remember eating on the Queen Mary in Long Beach though. We walked around the ship and didn’t have to go through screening.
Again: Sarcasm.

ChuckElias

Original Poster

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I like the out of the box thinking...

Problem is there isn’t anything interesting enough on a DCL for a quick visit. They are not exceptionally well equipped in today’s supership world.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I like the out of the box thinking...

Problem is there isn’t anything interesting enough on a DCL for a quick visit. They are not exceptionally well equipped in today’s supership world.
1) This thread isn't about a supership experience, it's about dinner in an atmosphere that we love. In fact, this entire forum isn't about a supership experience.

2) I think they're exceptionally well-equipped to do what they are trying to do in today's supership world.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I'm not trying to lecture you. I'm just stating that I think you're the one who's missing the point when you bring up a supership experience. That's not at all what this thread is talking about.

If you state an unpopular opinion on an opinion board, people are very likely going to tell you their opinion of what you posted.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not trying to lecture you. I'm just stating that I think you're the one who's missing the point when you bring up a supership experience. That's not at all what this thread is talking about.

If you state an unpopular opinion on an opinion board, people are very likely going to tell you their opinion of what you posted.

I get your point...you want to go on the Disney cruise ship. I just don’t think they lend well to what you’re proposing. They are jammed pack with amenities that could be used for short duration windows.

It’s just an opinion...”all hail the D”

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I get your point...you want to go on the Disney cruise ship. I just don’t think they lend well to what you’re proposing.

Ok, why? What is it about the Disney Dream that is unfit for hosting a 90-min dinner? I honestly don't understand what you're getting at. Other people have provided practical reasons for why my idea couldn't be implemented (port security, sanitization concerns, extra port fees, etc). But it sounds like you're saying the ship simply isn't a good venue for dinner. Am I mis-reading you?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ok, why? What is it about the Disney Dream that is unfit for hosting a 90-min dinner? I honestly don't understand what you're getting at. Other people have provided practical reasons for why my idea couldn't be implemented (port security, sanitization concerns, extra port fees, etc). But it sounds like you're saying the ship simply isn't a good venue for dinner. Am I mis-reading you?

You could do a dinner. I’m not a fan of their offerings...but you could do that. I was thinking it was more a “disneyquest” type scenario you were proposing with a choice of onship things to do.

If it was only dining...that could work.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
DCL has already done "double dips" to Castaway Cay. Been on one. DCL schedules two stops only at Castaway Cay several times a year on certain 4 night sailings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom