Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des

She says , "if I gave you a ton of skittles, like a lot, we're talking millions of skittles" . She said "millions", which is nowhere, absolutely nowhere near the billions of people on earth which is used as a metric in regards to survival rates.

She also neglects the scenario in which a person would choose eating the skittle with a 99% chance of survival versus not eating the skittle and they loose their home, business or job and their family is starving. Her scenario is skewed on an offensive level.

She should think about what she says before she says it.
Btw she is not a doc. I've had it with these people going on social media for attention and head pats. Doesn't have any qualifications to back up what she's doing- along with the other million attention whores out there doing the same spreading misinformation, panic, and paranoia. Sick of it.

Jrb1979

She says , "if I gave you a ton of skittles, like a lot, we're talking millions of skittles" . She said "millions", which is nowhere, absolutely nowhere near the billions of people on earth which is used as a metric in regards to survival rates.

She also neglects the scenario in which a person would choose eating the skittle with a 99% chance of survival versus not eating the skittle and they loose their home, business or job and their family is starving. Her scenario is skewed on an offensive level.

She never mentioned anything about people losing their business home or job. It wasn't skewed on a offensive level at all. All she was saying is for people to take this seriously and that it's not a hoax.

As far as businesses go, this is what they are doing here to help them. They are covering 65% of wages, 70% of rent and during this lockdown that just started every business that is affected can get a $40,000 grant.

Jrb1979

Btw she is not a doc. I've had it with these people going on social media for attention and head pats. Doesn't have any qualifications to back up what she's doing- along with the other million attention whores out there doing the same spreading misinformation, panic, and paranoia. Sick of it.
I'm sick and tired of these people downplaying Covid, taking non essential travel and going on about their freedom.

Des

I'm sick and tired of these people downplaying Covid, taking non essential travel and going on about their freedom.
lol. I dont want to argue with that adorable baby ! I also agree with you. I have not traveled, my freedoms have been curtailed by others "freedoms". Both husband and I are anesthesiologists and I happen to be a type 1 diabetic. So.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out - there were *140 new reported deaths, along with 2 Non-Florida Resident deaths.

*The FDOH did not put out a report yesterday, so these numbers are combined from the report from today and yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 2.28.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 2.28.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 2.28.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 2.27.42 PM.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Since the only way we get back to normal is with a vaccine, as of this morning the US is up to nearly 2M people vaccinated with their first shot. That number is also on a 3 day lag so probably really as of 12/22 or 12/23. It doesn’t look likely that we will hit the target of 20M vaccinated by the end of 2020, but we are starting to see a ramp up as the numbers nearly doubled from 1M to close to 2M in a day (They didn’t update on Christmas). It may take into the first week or 2 of Jan to get the rest of the phase 1a people done but it’s still progress.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Moderna’s vaccine had the first reported case of anaphylaxis bringing the total up to 7 for the US. Based on nearly 2M people vaccinated the rate is currently around 3.5 per million but may actually be lower since there is a lag in reporting actual vaccinations but the stories of severe reactions seem to be reported real time. Even at 3.5 per million that would be less than 1,000 total cases if 80% of the US population was vaccinated. To put that in context 3X that many people died from covid in one day on 12/24 alone.

seascape

That’s a bizarre way to look at things. Someone writing a story about their experience at WDW cannot say anything negative because they chose to go to WDW? So he had to either like everything and blow pixie dust out his rear end about it or say nothing? What’s wrong with honest feedback on what worked and didn’t work?

Nobody said you can’t like cavalcades better than parades, the author feels the opposite, not sure why you feel it’s ok for you to have an opinion but not him. I also don’t know why you feel you shouldn’t be able to talk about the things you perceived as negative. I have written plenty of negative reviews of things and never felt that way.
I know I am not going to have as good a time as I usually do when I get back to WDW. We love the shows, parades and night time spectaculars. I know we won't have them if we get to go in January and probably not have them in April. Hopefully, by September most will be back. It is expected that many will post some negative things about a trip today but there is nothing wrong with that either and in fact is probably a good thing for those that have no idea of the changes.

HarperRose

How dare she try and give out factual information to people. Then, of course, there are those who make her job/life hell because of their selfishness and unwillingness to listen and believe science. Well, guess what? Science doesn't care if you believe in it or not.

Can we please knock off the tired, constantly refuted, flat out wrong, "99% chance of survival" tripe? Just because it's constantly recited by people who are willfully ignorant doesn't make it true.

Chi84

Premium Member
People keep repeating this (mis) information to justify their NEED for trips to WDW. :rolleyes: There is zero truth in it, but people will twist themselves into knots in order to somehow make themselves feel better about unnecessary travel during a pandemic.
I don’t think of it as misinformation. If WDW is being very conscientious about following all the protocols and precautions, people will consider it one of the safer places to visit now.

SamusAranX

People keep repeating this (mis) information to justify their NEED for trips to WDW. :rolleyes: There is zero truth in it, but people will twist themselves into knots in order to somehow make themselves feel better about unnecessary travel during a pandemic.
Every circumstance is different. But I’ve discussed this ad nauseum before
How dare she try and give out factual information to people. Then, of course, there are those who make her job/life hell because of their selfishness and unwillingness to listen and believe science. Well, guess what? Science doesn't care if you believe in it or not.

Can we please knock off the tired, constantly refuted, flat out wrong, "99% chance of survival" tripe? Just because it's constantly recited by people who are willfully ignorant doesn't make it true.
Actually, statistically, for most age groups, it is 99 percent chance of survival. So that’s not flat out wrong. Doesn’t mean we should throw all caution to the wind either.

SamusAranX

I don’t think of it as misinformation. If WDW is being very conscientious about following all the protocols and precautions, people will consider it one of the safer places to visit now.
I personally gave up my pass. But I know others who have went and said they felt safer there then local Publix or Walmart (and I can see why, people don’t respect your space there and mask usage while high, doesn’t excuse someone getting up in my cheese; not to mention the stragglers who they won’t kick out or enforce and refuse to wear)

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
What drives me nuts is the half hearted ones (the nose open, the tied bandanna, etc) 🙄
Well, they’re not man enough to cover themselves with a sheet of fabric over their mouths and noses. Nothing I despise more than weak males touting their god given right to flap their... ahem, noses about to show their dominance.

Or, the ladies who should know better...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I personally gave up my pass. But I know others who have went and said they felt safer there then local Publix or Walmart (and I can see why, people don’t respect your space there and mask usage while high, doesn’t excuse someone getting up in my cheese)
WDW has better safety standards and more enforcement than many places. No disputing that. What I do think is forgotten in this comparison is overall time spent. If I run into Walmart to get something and back out it’s 10 to 20 mins tops and I’m not standing still anywhere except maybe at checkout. If Walmart got a safety rating of 5 (on a 1 to 10 scale) but I only spend 15 mins there and the rest of my day at home that’s certainly safer overall than spending several days at WDW with a safety rating of 8 or 9. WDW is about as safe as it can be or at least it was for a while while crowds were a little lower, but it was never perfectly safe, nothing really is right now while community spread is so high other than staying home and away from other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom