News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Ldno

7am slots filled in ~10 seconds.
I wondered the same thing. We received group 5 this morning and were called approximately 5 minutes before park opening. Our notification showed that we had an hour to return. We were among the first few groups to enter the attraction queue and unfortunately we bypassed the preshows.

I forgot to tell you my hilarious story, given how the park opened at 9am I set my alarm at 6:50 am.

I woke up to my alarm but the first thing I looked at was my hotel clock and my pants when I saw it was 7am so i ran to my phone and saw the time of 6:50am 🤣🤣

got trolled so hard by the hotel lolol so closed all my apps, restarted my iPhone 12 pro, turned off the horrendous hotel wifi( i was 16 minutes from DHS in some hotel in international drive)
And by 6:58 logged back into the app and started fidgeting between the join my queue and the rise announcement, i had my watch next to me and timed the count down from 10, and at 7:00am my heart stopped and thought of DCBAKERS posts of having less than 10 seconds to score a reservation,
The guest I had auto populated then hit join,
Got boarding group 6,
I was so ecstatic I woke up my daughter from telling her Star Wars, got ready and left to the park right at 8:00 got there at 8:15 and the parking lot was still closed since we had to wait outside at which point they let us in around 8:17

since the park opens early you can ride smugglers run(5min) wait or runaway railway(30 minute wait) i went with slinky dog so by 8:55 I already rode slinky then got called for boarding group 6 right at 8:58 but rather than head over there I went smugglers run which then the queue changed to 20 minutes and then squeezed alien saucers

since you have an hour to get back after your boarding group is called I did two rides and got to Rise right at 9:59!!! Then by the time I got done from rise at 10:27 I ran to my savi’s reservation(10:25) hahaha did everything in the park easily, without doing rocker n roller coaster because it was the only ride my
Daughter couldn’t do because of ride height, but she loved it the ride, she was saying wow numerous times haha

this was on Sunday!

And you are right DCBAKER, everything this time compared to the last time I rode this ride was smooth, the boarding process, the interrogation, less time was spent at the boarding area and the ride took off in less than 20 seconds! Got tracklayout A again, wanted B but beggars can’t be choosers hahaha

Attachments

• CED5151B-23B7-4C75-9FFE-A708501D6F42.png
    CED5151B-23B7-4C75-9FFE-A708501D6F42.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Citiboss

thanks for these great updates. My family and I leave for WDW the 28th and staying onsite. I understand the when and how to get a boarding pass but I’m curious if there is a post/guidance that I need to review that gives some “to dos” “tips” to giving me the best chance. As always thanks in advance for any responses or help.

Ldno

thanks for these great updates. My family and I leave for WDW the 28th and staying onsite. I understand the when and how to get a boarding pass but I’m curious if there is a post/guidance that I need to review that gives some “to dos” “tips” to giving me the best chance. As always thanks in advance for any responses or help.
Stay away from Community wifi, kill all your apps that are open from your phone, restart your phone, log in 5 minutes before the boarding group is available with your disney account and refreshing right at 7am.

You can countdown with a timer OR have an alarm set to countdown on another device, but that join button is punctual to NIST right at 7:00am

PS if you don’t see everyone in your group don’t worry about it and keep going, Guest services outside the ride can add them for you, all they care about is you having a reservation.

Another side note, you don’t know what boarding group you will have nor what time it will be Called, given that notion if you are called and is stuck on another ride, don’t fret, you have an hour to return to the boarding group area after your number is called and they will work with you if you barely missed your window.
Second PS, the disney world app has been glitchy, they were some times where my photos didn’t show up or i couldn’t find the rise of resistance info because it took a good 45 seconds to load despite my 5g cellular speed, hence why closing all your apps and power cycling your phone could clear some cache regarding the hick ups with the app

NelleBelle

Stay away from Community wifi, kill all your apps that are open from your phone, restart your phone, log in 5 minutes before the boarding group is available with your disney account and refreshing right at 7am.

You can countdown with a timer OR have an alarm set to countdown on another device, but that join button is punctual to NIST right at 7:00am

PS if you don’t see everyone in your group don’t worry about it and keep going, Guest services outside the ride can add them for you, all they care about is you having a reservation.

Another side note, you don’t know what boarding group you will have nor what time it will be Called, given that notion if you are called and is stuck on another ride, don’t fret, you have an hour to return to the boarding group area after your number is called and they will work with you if you barely missed your window.
Second PS, the disney world app has been glitchy, they were some times where my photos didn’t show up or i couldn’t find the rise of resistance info because it took a good 45 seconds to load despite my 5g cellular speed, hence why closing all your apps and power cycling your phone could clear some cache regarding the hick ups with the app
Thanks for the review of the tips! I’m definitely planning to upgrade my phone before we go. Quick question—do you feel like the 5g speed helped any (I know you mentioned some hiccups with the app but overall having a phone with 5g helped)?

DisneyBob1

Thanks for all the great information! We are driving in to the parks any body know what time they allow you to line up at the parking turnstiles? Going to be at Magic and Hollywood next week, thanks again for all the great information!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom